News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sp1 only ring twice goes to sp2. How can I set up more than just two rings?

Started by Mayjin, April 03, 2015, 11:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayjin

When some one call in, you heard sp1 ring twice and go straight to sp2. And try to pick up the phone with sp2, heard noting, coundn't answer the phone.  Please help me set up ring 6 times , that way I will have enough time to answer the sp1. Thanks a lot.

drgeoff

Default settings of an OBi do not forward calls from an SP to another SP. You need to tell us much more about your OBi's configuration.

azrobert

Mayjin

Yes. I found iout later it may not be forwarding sp1 to sp2.  More like  ph1 to ph2.

I use obi202 with google voice and sprint. Sp1--- sprint+google voice, call in and out with ph1; sp2----just google voice,call in and out with Ph2;sp3---google voice call in with ph2.  I also have Obibt for ph1.

When someone call in to sp1 number, ph1 rings first and then the cell phone, and then ph2 ring.when I heard 2rings, I try to answer with ph1,I couldn't.because after two rings , it goes to ph2 , so I pick up ph 2 but couldn't here anything. 

SteveInWA

Don't set up the same Google Voice account on more than one SP slot.  That won't work correctly.

Use one Google Voice account for SP1.  If you have a different Google Voice account, then configure it on SP2, and so on.

Mayjin

Yes . Still thanks for your advice. I do use different  Gmail address with different google voice number.  I start over and reconfigure sp1 and sp2.  Now when someone call sp1 ph1(sprint+ GV), the obi phone ring first and the you heard the sprint cell phone rings, but sprint only ring coups time and then silent.Do you know why?

I need help with another problem as well, if I can post here. Thanks.
If I am on sp1 ph1with Caller A, caller B calling sp1 ph1 too, I  would like to forward B's to sp2 . Could you tell me how to disable call waiting and forward it to sp2 ph2.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Mayjin on April 04, 2015, 11:18:46 PM
Yes . Still thanks for your advice. I do use different  Gmail address with different google voice number.  I start over and reconfigure sp1 and sp2.  Now when someone call sp1 ph1(sprint+ GV), the obi phone ring first and the you heard the sprint cell phone rings, but sprint only ring coups time and then silent.Do you know why?

I don't know why your Sprint phone stops ringing.  Perhaps you have incorrectly set it to forward calls somewhere.  It should keep ringing for about 25 seconds.  It works this way for me.

I need help with another problem as well, if I can post here. Thanks.
If I am on sp1 ph1with Caller A, caller B calling sp1 ph1 too, I  would like to forward B's to sp2 . Could you tell me how to disable call waiting and forward it to sp2 ph2.

You can't do that.

Mayjin

Thanks.
Should  I post question 2 in another topic. Or there is no way to forward second  sp1 ph1's call to sp2 ph2? When you said 'I can't do it"

SteveInWA

Quote from: Mayjin on April 04, 2015, 11:51:23 PM
Thanks.
Should  I post question 2 in another topic. Or there is no way to forward second  sp1 ph1's call to sp2 ph2? When you said 'I can't do it"
"You can't do that" means:  you cannot setup forwarding like that.  It will not work.

Mayjin

so in your opinions, how can I make it happen. if I am on the ph1 sp1 with caller A,the same time  caller B calling ph1 sp1. I disable the call waiting, because sometimes you don't want to be interrupted .  But I do want to receive B's call. I would like forward B's call to another phone even another cell phone but not the GV message. Thanks.

azrobert

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port
CallWaitingEnable: Unchecked

Use OBi Expert to make these changes.
When PH1 is busy, calls will be forwarded to PH2.

Mayjin

I try it before. It didn't work. I tried someone else post on the forum. Put "ph2(#)" in stead of "ph2". It didn't work either.

SteveInWA

It sounds like you are trying to run a business, or that you have some other reason for needing multiple people to be able to answer inbound calls at the same time.  Google Voice is not designed to do this, and it is not recommended for business use.  You would be better off using a PBX solution of some sort -- either PBX software running on a computer at your location, or use a cloud-based PBX service provider.

Mayjin

Steve. Like I said in the very beginning , I use sprint+GV+Obi for ph1 sp1 , GV +Obi for ph2 sp2. Number of Ph2 is port from my old cell phone carrier. I am sorry I don't really understand what you are saying.

I believe OBi such a good products. They should have a way to do so. Every single cellphone has this kind of function like " forward on busy" or "forward no answer" .....

Would be very much appreciated if Obi team can help me figure out.

SteveInWA

You cannot forward one Google Voice number to another Google Voice number.  It will not work.  There is nothing broken for us to fix.

Mayjin

How about forwarding ph1 sp1  when busy to a cellphone number. 

azrobert

You can try the following.
Don't know if they will work.

CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp1(your_2nd_GV#)

CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp2(your_cell#)
If routing to SP1 doesn't work, try sp2

Voice Services -> SP1 Services
X_InboundCalllRoute: ph,ph2
X_DefaultRing: 3

DefaultRing 3 is a distinctive double ring
Both phones will ring.
The person at 2nd phone will know it's from SP1 by the double ring.

Voice Services -> SP1 Services
X_InboundCalllRoute: ph,sp1(your_2nd_GV#;d=6)

The ";d=6" is a 6 second delay
If you don't pickup within 6 seconds, it will call your 2nd GV#