News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

<:*75>xx does not work

Started by pyramidcity, April 05, 2015, 09:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pyramidcity

Hi all,

My voip.ms account is set to Line 2. I can dial **2*7501 to use speed dial set at voip.ms.

I prefer to only dial 01 rather than the full *7501, so I added <:*75>xx to the digimap. This entry worked well for my old PAP2T.

However, when I dialed **201, which was supposed to be automatically dialed like **2*7501,  it said something like call route was not found.

Can someone help me with this?

Cheers

azrobert

It's a 2 step process to route a call.
1st the phone port DigitMap validates the number.
It also changes "xx" to "*75xx"

Then the phone OutboundCallRoute routes the call, but the number has already been changed to "*75xx".
It doesn't match any rule in the ITSP B DigitMap, so it fails.

Add rule *75xx to the ITSP B DigitMap to fix the problem.

I hate dialing asterisks.
Add "75xx" to the phone port DigitMap

Add {(<*>75xx):sp2}, to the beginning of the phone port OutboundCallRoute

Now dial 7501

BigJim_McD

Quote from: pyramidcity on April 05, 2015, 09:14:33 PM
Hi all,

My voip.ms account is set to Line 2. I can dial **2*7501 to use speed dial set at voip.ms.

If you use OBiTalk, another way that you can accomplish this is to build a "Speed Dial" in OBiTalk that accesses a matching "Phone Book Speed Dial" in voip.ms.

For Example:

OBiTalk Speed Dial:
16#   CO Trvl Info {sp2} voip.ms   **2 *7516

voip.ms "Phone Book Speed Dial"
*7516   CO Trvl Info   303 639 1111   CO Travel Information
BigJimMcD

202Owner

Quote from: pyramidcity on April 05, 2015, 09:14:33 PM
Hi all,

I prefer to only dial 01 rather than the full *7501, so I added <:*75>xx to the digimap. This entry worked well for my old PAP2T.

However, when I dialed **201, which was supposed to be automatically dialed like **2*7501,  it said something like call route was not found.

Can someone help me with this?

Cheers

SP2 (Msp2), ITSP Profile ? = VoIP.ms digit map = to include rules |<*75>xx|*75xx|.

The first rule prepends *75 to xx.  The second rule subsequently matches the modified number *75xx for routing.

If the PHONE Port Primary Line includes (Msp2) AND no other rule matching xx... especially the OBi Speed Dial rules |[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]| in the PHONE Port digit map... then you could just dial xx to automatically route the number *75xx to SP2... no manual routing with the **2 service access code required.

azrobert

Quote from: 202Owner on April 06, 2015, 05:48:43 AM
SP2 (Msp2), ITSP Profile ? = VoIP.ms digit map = to include rules |<*75>xx|*75xx|.

The first rule prepends *75 to xx.  The second rule subsequently matches the modified number *75xx for routing.

If the PHONE Port Primary Line includes (Msp2) AND no other rule matching xx... especially the OBi Speed Dial rules |[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]| in the PHONE Port digit map... then you could just dial xx to automatically route the number *75xx to SP2... no manual routing with the **2 service access code required.

I don't think SP2 is the OP's primary line, because he wouldn't be dialing **2
Just stating fact here.

There are a couple things wrong with your suggestion.
I don't know which rule (your rule or speed dial rule) is the best match and will match the dialed number.
Assuming your rule matches 2 digits than all 2 digit numbers will have *75 prepended and speed dials 10-99 will not work.

Adding (Msp2) to the primary line's DigitMap will not route these calls to SP2, they will be routed to the primary line.

azrobert

Quote from: BigJim_McD on April 06, 2015, 01:00:08 AM
If you use OBiTalk, another way that you can accomplish this is to build a "Speed Dial" in OBiTalk that accesses a matching "Phone Book Speed Dial" in voip.ms.

For Example:

OBiTalk Speed Dial:
16#   CO Trvl Info {sp2} voip.ms   **2 *7516

voip.ms "Phone Book Speed Dial"
*7516   CO Trvl Info   303 639 1111   CO Travel Information

Your suggestion will not work.
When you code a speed dial like **2*7501 it goes thru the normal phone port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute processing. There is no rule in the ITSP B DigitMap that matches "*7501", so the call will fail.

Coding the speed dial like sp2(*7501) will route the call directly to SP2, bypassing the phone port processing.

202Owner

Quote from: azrobert on April 06, 2015, 08:06:40 AM>>

>>I don't think SP2 is the OP's primary line, because he wouldn't be dialing **2 Just stating fact here.

OP didn't explain the facts of his OBi configuration or usage.  I suspect a lot of OBi owners suffer using service access codes for lack of a better dial plan.  Some even suggest chaining OBi speed dials to service provider speed dials... for lack of a better dial plan.

>>There are a couple things wrong with your suggestion.  I don't know which rule (your rule or speed dial rule) is the best match and will match the dialed number.

The OBi Speed Dial rules are the best match... [1-9] beats x, and [0-9][1-9] beats xx.  But the OP didn't explain his OBi configuration or usage.  He may not want to use the OBi Speed Dials.  He may have already removed the OBi Speed Dial rules from the PHONE Port digit map.  I gave him the help he asked for.  His OBi journey is not over.

>>Assuming your rule matches 2 digits than all 2 digit numbers will have *75 prepended and speed dials 10-99 will not work.

Actually, all 2-digit numbers could work as VoIP.ms speed dials, and all VoIP.ms speed dials could work.  Perhaps this is what the OP wants?

Me, I would fix the dial plan to not have to use **service access code manual routing; and I would use native speed dial codes to keep all speed dial facilities familiar and available.  I would tend to only use OBi Speed Dials for special OBi applications.

>>Adding (Msp2) to the primary line's DigitMap will not route these calls to SP2, they will be routed to the primary line.

What I wrote, "If the PHONE Port Primary Line includes (Msp2) AND no other rule matching xx... especially the OBi Speed Dial rules |[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]| in the PHONE Port digit map...", means that if using the Primary Line and it includes SP2 (and its digit map (Msp2), of course) AND no other rule matching xx, then automatic routing will route *75xx to SP2... no service access code required.

My point was not to explain Primary Line auto routing to the OP... my point was to alert him to the OBi Speed Dial rules |[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]| in the PHONE Port digit map that will conflict with his xx speed dialing beyond 09.  But maybe he'll never use more than 10 VoIP.ms speed dials.

pyramidcity

Quote from: azrobert on April 05, 2015, 09:59:59 PM
It's a 2 step process to route a call.
1st the phone port DigitMap validates the number.
It also changes "xx" to "*75xx"

Then the phone OutboundCallRoute routes the call, but the number has already been changed to "*75xx".
It doesn't match any rule in the ITSP B DigitMap, so it fails.

Add rule *75xx to the ITSP B DigitMap to fix the problem.

I hate dialing asterisks.
Add "75xx" to the phone port DigitMap

Add {(<*>75xx):sp2}, to the beginning of the phone port OutboundCallRoute

Now dial 7501

Thanks for the input.

I may not explain it well.

Here are a few more details. I am using Obi202. My primary line of Phone Jack 1 is Google Voice while Line 2 of Phone Jack 1 is Voip.ms.

I first tried to add *75xx to the digimap of sp2 (Line 2). I dial **2*7501 which matched the speeddial at voip.ms and worked well.

Then I changed *75xx in the digimap of sp2 to <:*75>xx.  I assume I only need to dial **201, since *75 will be automatically added in front of any two digits when dialing time is out, which is how PAP2T works.

However, dialing **201 did not work and no route was found. My conclusion is that **201 is not equivalent to **2*7501 even with <:*75>xx.

I do not know why they are not equivalent unless **201 is interpreted into something else which I have not figured out.

Cheers

202Owner

Quote from: pyramidcity on April 06, 2015, 10:40:39 AM
I first tried to add *75xx to the digimap of sp2 (Line 2). I dial **2*7501 which matched the speeddial at voip.ms and worked well.

Then I changed *75xx in the digimap of sp2 to <:*75>xx.  I assume I only need to dial **201, since *75 will be automatically added in front of any two digits when dialing time is out, which is how PAP2T works.

However, dialing **201 did not work and no route was found. My conclusion is that **201 is not equivalent to **2*7501 even with <:*75>xx.

I do not know why they are not equivalent unless **201 is interpreted into something else which I have not figured out.

It's still your move...

Add |<*75>xx|*75xx| to the SP2 digit map (Msp2).  The first rule will convert xx into *75xx; the second rule will match and route *75xx to SP2.

pyramidcity

Quote from: 202Owner on April 06, 2015, 11:00:29 AM
Quote from: pyramidcity on April 06, 2015, 10:40:39 AM

Then I changed *75xx in the digimap of sp2 to <:*75>xx.  I assume I only need to dial **201, since *75 will be automatically added in front of any two digits when dialing time is out, which is how PAP2T works.

It's still your move...

Add |<*75>xx|*75xx| to the SP2 digit map (Msp2).  The first rule will convert xx into *75xx; the second rule will match and route *75xx to SP2.

I just tried this, now it works great.

I also found a conflict but your dialing rule is mandatory to make it work.

Here is my dialing plan (<:*75>xx|*75xx|*xx|*xxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<00:011>xxxx.|xxxx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I used to have xx. in the dial plan which is a conflict with <:*75>xx.

However, I am still confused. If <:*75>xx works to prepend *75 to any two digits, it means this dial rule is found and matched. Then why do I need to re-match it by adding *75xx again?

In PAP2T this is not necessary.

Thanks for the help.

azrobert

Re-read the 1st half of my 1st reply.

Again, it's a 2 step process.

pyramidcity

Quote from: azrobert on April 06, 2015, 05:37:07 PM
Re-read the 1st half of my 1st reply.

Again, it's a 2 step process.

Okey, now it becomes clearer after revisiting your previous post which I did not fully understand. Thanks.

202Owner

Quote from: pyramidcity on April 06, 2015, 04:46:27 PM
However, I am still confused. If <:*75>xx works to prepend *75 to any two digits, it means this dial rule is found and matched. Then why do I need to re-match it by adding *75xx again?

The syntax is <elements:literals>.  If you remove the elements to match, you can also remove the delimiter :, leaving just the literals to insert.... as in |<*75>xx| without the :.

Assume the OBi digit map is applied more than once.  If the digits dialed are modified on the first pass, the modified number will be used for subsequent passes.  The digit map(s) MUST have a rule to match the modified number.  Your modified number was not able to match (Msp2) during the outbound route processing/pass, so the OBi failed with 'no call route'.

See http://ozarkedge.mypressonline.com/index.htm for some OBi dial planning notes.

pyramidcity

Quote from: 202Owner on April 07, 2015, 05:51:42 AM
Quote from: pyramidcity on April 06, 2015, 04:46:27 PM

The syntax is <elements:literals>.  If you remove the elements to match, you can also remove the delimiter :, leaving just the literals to insert.... as in |<*75>xx| without the :.

Assume the OBi digit map is applied more than once.  If the digits dialed are modified on the first pass, the modified number will be used for subsequent passes.  The digit map(s) MUST have a rule to match the modified number.  Your modified number was not able to match (Msp2) during the outbound route processing/pass, so the OBi failed with 'no call route'.

See http://ozarkedge.mypressonline.com/index.htm for some OBi dial planning notes.

Thanks for your elaboration.