News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call google voice number does not ring the phone attched to Obi110

Started by vanlee, June 02, 2011, 11:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanlee

I just got the new OBi110. I have successfully set up the OBI110 to use my google voice account. To test the setup, I do not connect my current landline to the Obi110. I am able to use the Obi-attached analog phone to make call to my current landline phone. But, when I use my landline phone to call the google voice number, the Obi-phone does not ring. The call is answered by google voicemail. I make sure that the forward call to google chat is checked and I sign out of google chat.

Can someone help? Thank you very much.

jimates

was your landline used as a forwarding phone in your google voice account prior to setting up the Obi? If so maybe direct access to your voicemail is checked on the forwarding phone, and the google attendant is picking up (asks to input pin) and not voicemail.

Does google voicemail pick up immediately or does it ring about 4 times before it picks up?

dudlee

possibly????

Google Voice
   Options
      Voice Settings
          Calls
              "Do Not Disturb"  makes sure this is unchecked.

When I first setup Obi110, this is why my phone was not ringing and calls going straight to voice mail.

vanlee

I used my cell phone for forwarding. After I made a call from google chat, I check the forward call to google chat and uncheck my cell phone.

Under google voice's calls tab, "Do not disturb" is not enabled. Call screening is also off

vanlee

Quote from: jimates on June 02, 2011, 11:10:01 PM
was your landline used as a forwarding phone in your google voice account prior to setting up the Obi? If so maybe direct access to your voicemail is checked on the forwarding phone, and the google attendant is picking up (asks to input pin) and not voicemail.

Does google voicemail pick up immediately or does it ring about 4 times before it picks up?

I hear the about 6 rings from the ear piece of the landline phone, then google voicemail picks up the call

vanlee

I remove the analog phone, and plug in a panasonic wireless phone. The phone has an LED which will blink when there is an incoming call. Now, when I call the google voice number, the panasonic phone's LED is indeed blinking. So, it seems like the call is actually coming to the OBI110-attached panasonic phone, but the phone is just not ringing at all.

What do I need to change in the OBi110 setting to make the phone ring when there is an incoming call?

vanlee

Alll right. It finally works. Last times, I did not have the handset resting on the panasonic phone's  base set because the handset has no battery. Now, I found the rechargeable battery and installed it to the handset. I place the handset on the base. Then, I call my google voice number from the landline. Wow! my panasonic hand set rings!

I connect my old analog phone to the landline ad use my cell phone to call the landline number, the anlalg phone does ring. So, I don't know why it did not ring when it is connected to OBi110 and an incoming call arrives.