News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Trouble with initial set up

Started by Positive123, April 08, 2015, 03:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Positive123

Hi Everybody, Hope you have some ideas to help me. I have the Obihai 200 with a Asus  RTN66U router, both devices seem to have worked in the past. I have tried to add device and I have the solid green light on the 200 but every time I try and call the number to add device I get the message "no service configured error. "  At first I tried to Enable DMZ on the router but that did not work, Updated firmware on router rebooted- did not work. Rebooted 200- did not work. I even disabled the router firewall(did not want to do this) and tried it but that still did not work. Still getting "no service configured". Frustrated but I realize that is probably something simple I need to do to. Please help

Jackson

Right after you plugged your Obi into the router and got the green light did you dial the echo test?

**9 222 222 222 (no spaces needed)

Positive123

Yes, I did try the 9 222 222 222 and received the no service configured error message.

WatzaMattaU

I get the same message.  When I try to configure the Obi-202, the OBI number that is automatically  inserted as the Soft Phone OBI number is dramatically different than the OBI Number on the bottom of the OBI-202.

How do I delete the configuration that lists the Soft Phone OBI Number incorrectly.

INFO:  I got the 202 about 6 months ago and it seemed to work perfectly.  Then unhooked it, packed it away and started over again today 4/8/2015.  Now the above problem??? 

Can anyone help?
Gary
Northern NY
(Near Canada)

SteveInWA

You can't delete the softphone entry.  Just ignore it.  It has nothing to do with setting up a OBi hardware device.  Just add the device to your portal page.