News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice - How to remove 11 prefix on caller ID of incoming calls

Started by wwwin, April 08, 2015, 11:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwwin

Hello newbie here got my Obi202 few days ago.  Using Google Voice on Sp1 and another GV number on Sp2.
Incoming caller id numbers show up with a 11 prefix  before the area code. I will like to remove this 11 so that I call out from call history rather than having to dial the number. Will this work?

Label the digimap.      remove11

To remove the 11 when dialing out

{(<11:>xxx xxxx):sp1}, {(<11:>xxx xxxx):sp2}I(Mremove11)|[^*#]@@.)

or to remove the 11 from showing up in the caller id of the incoming call

{(<11:>xx.):ph} , {(<11:>xx.):ph2} I(Mremove11)|[^*#]@@.)

I read the help file on digimaps and I am wondering if one or the other of the above will work

Also want  to know if thw Obi would reboot automatically if I make changes  or do I manually reboot Also is it possible to brick the unit if a digimap with incorrect syntax is added. Any help would be greatly appreciated

N7AS

If you want to remove the leading 1 from 11 digit numbers go to:

Voice Service > SPx Service >
InboundCallRoute   {(<1:>xxxxxxxxxx):ph},{ph}

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

Quote from: wwwin on April 08, 2015, 11:39:25 PM
Also want  to know if thw Obi would reboot automatically if I make changes  or do I manually reboot Also is it possible to brick the unit if a digimap with incorrect syntax is added.
If you configure via the Obitalk portal the ATA will reboot automatically. If you do it via the local web GUI you need to click the 'Reboot'  button.

No you cannot brick a unit with incorrect digit map syntax. Even if you lost access to the device configuration the reset button on the underneath would bring it back.

Add a extra '1' to the reply above to remove leading '11'.

wwwin

wwwin

Hey guys, I added exactly as indicated and the 11 still shows up. If I put all the code already into the Voice Service do I still need to add something to the User Settings/User Defined Digimaps?

SteveInWA

I have never seen this happen before.  Google Voice correctly sends caller ID in the US country code format, like this:  12345678900 with only one "1" digit.  You should be able to make outbound calls via Google Voice regardless of whether there is a 1 in front of the area code, using the factory-default digit maps.

Are you located in the USA, with your Google account correctly set up as being in the USA?

wwwin

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 09, 2015, 12:29:21 PM
I have never seen this happen before.  Google Voice correctly sends caller ID in the US country code format, like this:  12345678900 with only one "1" digit.  You should be able to make outbound calls via Google Voice regardless of whether there is a 1 in front of the area code, using the factory-default digit maps.

Are you located in the USA, with your Google account correctly set up as being in the USA?

Yes I am in Miami Florida and the area codes are 305 for on account and 786 for the other and these are both local area codes, I can call out fine if I dial a number myself, but if I try to call out from the caller ID history then can't because it has that 11 in the front. This happens on both lines. Not sure if GV is the one adding the 11. This only happens on AT&T 984 office phone. The same call going to my cell only shows a 1 front of area code and number. Thanks

SteveInWA

Where, exactly, are you seeing numbers with 11 in front of them?  Can you post a screenshot?

SteveInWA

You said "caller ID history".  Where?  On a telephone plugged into the OBi?  If so, that telephone is erroneously adding another "1" to the number, and you should be able to disable that feature on the telephone.

You can confirm that the phone is the culprit:  pick up the phone, and press ***1 and listen to the voice tell you your IP address.  Enter that address into your web browser, and log into your OBi's local web interface.  Click on "Status", then "Call History" on the left side of the page.  You should see the phone numbers of your calls, and they should have just one "1" in front of the area code.

wwwin

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 09, 2015, 12:39:30 PM
You said "caller ID history".  Where?  On a telephone plugged into the OBi?  If so, that telephone is erroneously adding another "1" to the number, and you should be able to disable that feature on the telephone.

You can confirm that the phone is the culprit:  pick up the phone, and press ***1 and listen to the voice tell you your IP address.  Enter that address into your web browser, and log into your OBi's local web interface.  Click on "Status", then "Call History" on the left side of the page.  You should see the phone numbers of your calls, and they should have just one "1" in front of the area code.

OK did that and the numbers only have a 1 before the area code. I have to see if the phone has something to disable the extra 1...but if it does not maybe the digit map did not work because I was trying to remove 11 instead of 1?  Will try with just removing 1 not 11 later.

wwwin

OK, so tried to remove just 1 and still get an 11. So when back to default config. on Obi. Funny thing is I tried to call out before from history and could not connect. But tried now and can connect even with the 11 there now. I also checked on GV history and the call out from GV in history only shows a 1 before the area code. So I guess I am good to go..don't why before I could not connect before.  The calls made with the 11 in front seem to take a little longer to hear a ring on the phone ear speaker but I can live with that. Just want to make sure that GV does not think I am dialing LD because of the extra 1 but I think its OK because the extra 1 does not show in the history of calls made out from the phone that is adding the 1. Thanks to everyone. Still wondering why can't remove the extra 1 by digimap but won't mess with configuring Obi just because of this if the calls are connecting when dialing out thru history. Thanks to everyone.

SteveInWA

What you are trying to do is totally unnecessary.  Do the calls, as shown in your OBi call history, have just one "1" digit in front of the area code?  If so, don't mess with the digit maps.  Google Voice doesn't care if the numbers you call have a 1 in front of them or not, and it will not cause you to be charged for a "long distance" call, even if you are calling the house next door.

Try some other telephone, not the phone that is adding the "1" to the caller ID string.

wwwin

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 09, 2015, 01:25:58 PM
What you are trying to do is totally unnecessary.  Do the calls, as shown in your OBi call history, have just one "1" digit in front of the area code?  If so, don't mess with the digit maps.  Google Voice doesn't care if the numbers you call have a 1 in front of them or not, and it will not cause you to be charged for a "long distance" call, even if you are calling the house next door.

Try some other telephone, not the phone that is adding the "1" to the caller ID string.

Yeah, I agree it seems to work fine. The calls also only show 1 before the area code in the Obi call history. Won't mess with any config if I can continue to call out like this. I just thought I could not because of the extra 1. Wasted some time but at least learn a little about Expert config and how to enter the web portal. Thanks.