News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100: Calls disconnecting at 14 minutes and 30 seconds

Started by croat4, March 18, 2015, 07:53:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

croat4

Hello,

I have an OBi100 and have been using it with Vestalink (former Obivoice) for about a year and two months with no issues when making calls in USA or to Canada.
I recently switched to Google voice and when I call my parents in Canada (506 area code), calls are getting disconnected at about 14 minutes and 30-45 seconds.
The last three out of four calls got disconnected at that specific time. I just had a call to the same number that actually lasted 60 minutes with no issues.
I also called my cell phone and the call went over 17 minutes with no problems. It looks like it is just when I am calling my parents in Canada to their landline.
My internet is with Time Warner (15/1) and have a Motorola SB6141 modem and a Netgear R6200 router. OBi100 has the latest firmware.

What do you think the problem could be?

joelost

I'm having the EXACT same problem.  Calls to (outofstate) Calif, Ky, and (instate) Oregon drop after 14 minutes and a few seconds.

I,  too,  have a Netgear 6200 but have recently switched from comcast to DSL.

I don't have SPI on the Netgear.  I have under SETUP/Wan/ NAT Filtering Secured/OPEN
and Disable SIP ALG.   There also is "Disable Port scan & Dos protection"

Joe F

joelost

Just spoke to someone for 30 minutes.

I was using the Netgear Router with an old Sipura SPA-1000 and connected to Google Voice by way of
the KOT-VOIP server (Sean Chen's King of Tweaks).

So it's definitely some interaction between my OBI110 and the Netgear 6200 router.

Sigh!

Joe F

croat4

I have disabled the SIP ALG option on my Netgear router. We'll see how it'll go now when making outbound calls.
Thanks everyone.

joelost

Still having this problem.

Is there no help for this.   SIGH!

Joe F

croat4

Since disabling the SIP ALG option on my Netgear router, I have not had any dropped calls. I only made a few calls though.

joelost

OK.  I found "Disable SIP ALG" under  Advanced/WAN Setup/NAT Filtering 
so I checked the box to do the disable and it still drops my calls after 14+ minutes.

I plan on switching to a D-Link 880L router when it arrives next week and see if that fixes it.

Cheers
Joe F

joelost

I switched from an OBI110 to an OBI200 and did not get dropped after 14 minutes today.
Will keep testing
Joe F