News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One way audio when caller uses Gtalk from a diff country

Started by DShah, June 03, 2011, 04:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DShah

When someone calls me from GTalk from outside USA, they cannot hear me after 5-10 seconds but I am able to hear them clearly.
Also, TJMax Card activation line [18778903156] does not recognize the DTMF tones.

I have Obi100 H/W version 2.8 and S/W version 1.2.1 Build 2289 and am facing these problems.

These same problems were also reported as resolved with Firmware Build 2286 in this forum post:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=737.0

Please help me out at the earliest.
Thanks,
Dee.

RonR

Quote from: DShah on June 03, 2011, 04:56:39 PM
TJMax Card activation line [18778903156] does not recognize the DTMF tones.

The DTMF problems that were fixed in 2286 have resurfaced in 2289.  I can duplicate your problem with TJMax.  I have reported the problem to Obihai, but have not received a response yet:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=967.0

RonR

Quote from: DShah on June 03, 2011, 04:56:39 PM
When someone calls me from GTalk from outside USA, they cannot hear me after 5-10 seconds but I am able to hear them clearly.

One-way audio problems are frequently due to Network Address Translation (NAT) issues in your router.  Temporarily connecting your OBi directly to your modem, bypassing your router, might give you some insight into whether your router is the culprit.  Reboot both your modem and your OBi after making the connection before you make a test call or two.

DShah

But the voice is one-way only for GTalk calls from outside USA - all other types of calls work just fine.
Still I will try as you mentioned and get back with the updates.
Thanks for the quick replies.

RonR

Quote from: DShah on June 03, 2011, 05:30:35 PM
But the voice is one-way only for GTalk calls from outside USA - all other types of calls work just fine.

It's very possible the issues are at the other end of the link and not with your router.  But you have to start somewhere when it comes to trouble-shooting a problem, and one step is to eliminate things at your end.

DShah

Agreed, that's why I tried with people in India & UK   :(

earthtoobi

i had this issue too initially(the headline of the issue resembles my original post heading)..here is what i noticed.
in version prior to 2286, obi caller from gtalk from outside my home network lead to one way audio(they could not hear me).but it was just fine when they called gtalk on my home computer.i thought this definitely had to be Obi issue.i didnt hear back from anyone in this forum on the issue.but what i noticed was that, in 2286, the issue went away. now there is two way audio. there is a few seconds of pause before we start hearing each other after the connection is established. i did not test with 2289. you can probably try 2286.in my case too it was a call from another country. you can quickly test this from your office network or from a free Wifi place....in my case there was nothing international about it eventhough i used to think that way.

so, to summarize, try 2286 if you are facing issues with 2289. it worked for me under similar circumstances that you have.