News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New 1032 Firmware Issue

Started by Boykin, April 20, 2015, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boykin

I upgraded the firmware on my 1032s on 04/17/2018 to the latest version.  After that, the 1032s that were using OBiWIFI would not stay connected.  One of them would be connected to the wireless router, but non functional.  The other one would disconnect from the wifi altogether.  The first one would go down after a couple of hours, the second would stay up about a day.  I could reboot the devices and get them working again.  I factory reset the first one and it now appears that that fixed the problem.  It remained connected over night.  The second one had disconnected from the router when I go up this morning.  The OBIWIFI adapter was not even blinking like it usually does.  I plan on factory resetting this 1032 when I get home to see if that will fix the problem with this one. 

The 1032 using an Ethernet cable is not experiencing any issues. 

Is anyone else seeing these problems with the latest firmware?  I am not at home so I cannot tell you what version it is. 

Boykin

Another firmware upgrade is now available.  Installing now to see if it fixes issues with wireless. 

Boykin

The 1032 connected with an Ethernet cable worked without any problems.  The 2 using OBIWIFI crapped out.  I don't know if it installed and the wifi is just down or what.  I tried to do the upgrade remotely using OBiTalk portal.  The OBiTalk portal is reporting both 1032s as being offline now and the yellow triangle is still showing. 

Boykin

When I got home, they were stuck in a downloading pattern with the line key orange.  After a reboot, they were functional again.  They got stuck again when I tried to update via the phone.  I had to connect each phone to a wired Ethernet connection to perform the upgrade. 

Boykin

New firmware did not fix the problem.  It is now worse.  I just found one of the 1032s with the OBIWIFI adapter blue light solidly lit.  It is not blinking buy constantly on.  I rebooted the phone and the display says it is connected to the network, but it will not come back online and I cannot ping the phone.  I guess another factory reset is in order.  I guess I will wait a few weeks before going to the trouble to reimport the address book again. 

Boykin

The phone that went offline last night and then I factory reset was still online this morning when I got up.  The one that I did not rest, was offline.  The OBIBlutooth adapter had a solid blue light.  I did a factory reset about 2 hours ago and set it back up.  I just logged in to OBiTalk from work and OBiTalk is reporting that phone is offline again.  I am not sure what to do to fix this one. 

WelshPaul

Quote from: Boykin on April 20, 2015, 04:08:41 PM
When I got home, they were stuck in a downloading pattern with the line key orange.  After a reboot, they were functional again.  They got stuck again when I tried to update via the phone.  I had to connect each phone to a wired Ethernet connection to perform the upgrade.  

My phone also got stuck in a downloading pattern several times, ethernet connection here.

I will test out WiFi tomorrow and will report back any issues encountered.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

Both phones connected via wifi have gone down since I got home about 3 hours ago.  I think what was going on was the phones connected with wifi kept rebooting until the wifi locked up.  I have reverted from firmware version 5.0.0.2595.1311 to 5.0.0.2486.  I am hoping the downgrade will fix the connectivity issues with wifi.  I am leaving the phone with the wired connection on the 2595 version.  It does not appear to be having any issues. 

WelshPaul

I have today connected an OBi1032 via PoE, OBiWiFI inserted into the top USB port on the real of the phone and it's currently successfully connected to my home WiFi network. I know you probably have yours powered via a main's adaptor, not sure if this will alter my results? If it appears mine works OK with this current setup then I guess I have to test again using a mains adaptor instead. (Damn things are so short though)

One other thing to take note here is that I configure my phone's locally. I do not use the portal, again not sure if this will alter the results of my testing.

Quote from: Boykin on April 20, 2015, 07:17:31 PMI guess I will wait a few weeks before going to the trouble to reimport the address book again.  

Personally I hate the phonebook setup on the OBi1000, one of the worst I have ever encountered. I got fed up of the long winded setup I no longer bother to add any! One other pet hate of mine is that the OBi1032 does not match an inbound CLI to that saved in the phonebook. I kept answering my family and friends with my business greeting because the OBi1032 doesn't display the contact name.  :-\

UPDATE: So far it's still up and running without issue for me, running 5.0.0 (Build: 2585.1311).
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

So far so good, no issues.

I just did a ***6 and there is a new firmware release. I pressed 1 to install the new firmware 5.0.0 (Build: 2595.1311) and everything went smoothly over WiFi.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that my WiFi signal is stronger on this build than on the last. Was getting 3 Bars on 5.0.0 (Build: 2585.1311) but now get 4 with 5.0.0 (Build: 2595.1311).

Will leave WiFi connected and see if I get any issues with this build.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

After reverting back to 5.0.0.2486 I have not had any wifi disconnects on those phones.  They have been up for about 11.5 hours now.  I appear to be back to normal.  I wonder if 2595.1311 conflicts with my router or something? 

WelshPaul

Quote from: Boykin on April 22, 2015, 06:43:49 AMI wonder if 2595.1311 conflicts with my router or something? 

Out of interest what router do you have? is it running the latest firmware?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

I have an ASUS RT-AC87U.  It has the latest firmware. 

WelshPaul

Interesting, I'm using an ASUS RT-AC68U. Although I am using Merlin's Firmware on my router: http://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca

My phone has been connected rock solid all day.  ???

This is the direct link to the merlin build firmware for your router: http://www.mediafire.com/download/iaj0khhbw558jqx/RT-AC87U_378.52_2.zip

It's exactly the same version as mine, give it a try. The web interface is the same as the stock ASUS firmware and if you decide to go back to stock firmware at anytime just download the latest firmware for your router from the ASUS website and update your firmware as normal.

Merlin's Firmware is awesome!
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

jedilady

Hello, "One other pet hate of mine is that the OBi1032 does not match an inbound CLI to that saved in the phonebook."

I am extremely concerned about this. I have just bought the 1032 and to display the name of a contact based on the received Caller ID is one of the most basic of funtions of any telephone whether it be mobile or static.

I do hope the above problem will be sorted out soon otherwise as far as I am concerned this product is not fit for purpose!!  :'(

Boykin

I will give Merlin a try when I get home.  I will upgrade one of the wifi phones back to the latest firmware and see how it goes. 

Boykin

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 22, 2015, 06:05:11 AM
So far so good, no issues.

I just did a ***6 and there is a new firmware release. I pressed 1 to install the new firmware 5.0.0 (Build: 2595.1311) and everything went smoothly over WiFi.

One thing I noticed right off the bat is that my WiFi signal is stronger on this build than on the last. Was getting 3 Bars on 5.0.0 (Build: 2585.1311) but now get 4 with 5.0.0 (Build: 2595.1311).

Will leave WiFi connected and see if I get any issues with this build.

Is there any network connectivity over the Ethernet cable along with power or just power.  I have one 1032 on 2959.1311 that is using wired Ethernet and power adapter.  It is having no problems. 

Boykin

I am an OBiPlus premium subscriber so I can factory reset, delete from OBiTalk, add back to OBiTalk and then regen the OBiPlus scripts and my phones are reprogrammed for the most part.  I have to manually setup a program key to dial voicemail and change the label on SP1.  

I just wish there was a way to backup your contacts so I did not have to unplug my OBiBT and take it to each phone to download and then set the default number on each contact.  

WelshPaul

Quote from: jedilady on April 22, 2015, 11:50:01 AM
Hello, "One other pet hate of mine is that the OBi1032 does not match an inbound CLI to that saved in the phonebook."

I am extremely concerned about this. I have just bought the 1032 and to display the name of a contact based on the received Caller ID is one of the most basic of funtions of any telephone whether it be mobile or static.

I do hope the above problem will be sorted out soon otherwise as far as I am concerned this product is not fit for purpose!!  :'(

I have mentioned this many times in the past, it's on the to do list apparently. I will drop an email off and see if I can get an update on this.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

Quote from: Boykin on April 22, 2015, 12:00:15 PM
Is there any network connectivity over the Ethernet cable along with power or just power. I have one 1032 on 2959.1311 that is using wired Ethernet and power adapter. It is having no problems. 

I will connect tomorrow via mains adaptor to rule out the PoE making any difference. (actually I will do it now, that way if it's still connected in the morning I know it works)

Quote from: Boykin on April 22, 2015, 12:05:11 PM
I am an OBiPlus premium subscriber so I can factory reset, delete from OBiTalk, add back to OBiTalk and then regen the OBiPlus scripts and my phones are reprogrammed for the most part.  I have to manually setup a program key to dial voicemail and change the label on SP1.  

I just wish there was a way to backup your contacts so I did not have to unplug my OBiBT and take it to each phone to download and then set the default number on each contact.  

I hear you, I mentioned months ago about adding a CSV upload feature to the GUI's Device Update as a bare minimum. I was told it was in the works. I would like to add and remove contacts via the phones GUI too like every other phone I own but I don't think that's going to happen.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com