News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New 1032 Firmware Issue

Started by Boykin, April 20, 2015, 06:25:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jedilady

Thanks for that WelshPaul. Not only in the spec does it say CallerID name and number. It also says Photo.!!!

TrekCom

I too updated yesterday and have a bricked OBI1032 phone now.  I have tried factory reset and connected a direct ethernet cable in lieu of the WiFi adapter but can't get it back to working. 

Does anyone from Obihai ever look at this forum?  How can I reach them for support?

Thanks!

WelshPaul

Quote from: TrekCom on April 22, 2015, 02:06:27 PM
I too updated yesterday and have a bricked OBI1032 phone now.  I have tried factory reset and connected a direct ethernet cable in lieu of the WiFi adapter but can't get it back to working.  

Does anyone from Obihai ever look at this forum?  How can I reach them for support?

Thanks!

Did you update the firmware over WiFi? If you did you may be SOL. Never update any firmware over WiFi as the chance of it failing increase and as a result the chances of a device being bricked high. Almost all manufacturers (I don't know of any) refuse any warranty claims for this type of failure.

I have had issues upgrading my OBi1032's firmware in the past and always proceed to update over Ethernet. Is your phone under warranty? Where did you purchase it? If you get no luck with Obihai you could try going back to the retailer.

Get support from OBIHAI here: http://www.obihai.com/request-support
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

I too updated yesterday and have a bricked OBI1032 phone now.  I have tried factory reset and connected a direct ethernet cable in lieu of the WiFi adapter but can't get it back to working. 

Does anyone from Obihai ever look at this forum?  How can I reach them for support?

Thanks!

This is what I did.  You can try it at your own risk.

Connect the 1032 to a wired internet connection and go under settings to see what the ip address is.  Using a browser enter the IP address and see if you can log into the local web server on the phone.  If you can get to the local web server on the phone, you might be able to manually revert back to the March update.  Go to the OBiTalk page and click on documents on the bottom left side under support.  Click on OBI Device Firmware and download the March firmware update.  Then manually downgrade the phone to the March update using the local web server.
This is what I did and so far I am not having any problems. 

TrekCom

Thanks for  you help.  I followed the next gentlemen's suggestion and downgraded the firmware to the March 15 version But still can't get WiFi to work.  It says WiFi not available in the display under settings. 
All of my lines show yellow and don't work.  Maybe I need to try to delete and re install the phone in ObiTalk.  I did put in a support request as the phone is only 5 months old.  Bought from Amazon.

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 22, 2015, 02:16:50 PM
I too updated yesterday and have a bricked OBI1032 phone now.  I have tried factory reset and connected a direct ethernet cable in lieu of the WiFi adapter but can't get it back to working.  

Does anyone from Obihai ever look at this forum?  How can I reach them for support?

Thanks!

Did you update the firmware over WiFi? If you did you may be SOL. Never update any firmware over WiFi as the chance of it failing increase and as a result the chances of a device being bricked high. Almost all manufacturers (I don't know of any) refuse any warranty claims for this type of failure.

I have had issues upgrading my OBi1032's firmware in the past and always proceed to update over Ethernet. Is your phone under warranty? Where did you purchase it? If you get no luck with Obihai you could try going back to the retailer.

WelshPaul

My phone just rebooted on its own! I am unable the access the web based GUI although I can make an outgoing phone call still. Looks like there may be an issue with WiFi after all. Will see how it manages through the night! Will run a syslog in the morning.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

Quote from: TrekCom on April 22, 2015, 03:06:00 PM
Thanks for  you help.  I followed the next gentlemen's suggestion and downgraded the firmware to the March 15 version But still can't get WiFi to work.  It says WiFi not available in the display under settings. 
All of my lines show yellow and don't work.  Maybe I need to try to delete and re install the phone in ObiTalk.  I did put in a support request as the phone is only 5 months old.  Bought from Amazon.

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 22, 2015, 02:16:50 PM

Thanks!

One last thing you might try is unplug the power on the phone, unplug the wifi adapter, plug the wifi adapter back in and plug the phone power back in.  If it does not connect, reset up the wifi settings by enabling wifi setup mode and following the OBIWIFI setup instructions.  I used to have to do this every time there was a power failure. 

TrekCom

At this point it seems the WiFi Dongle went bad coincidentally as the firmware was updated.......

I replaced it with another from one of my other phones and it works.  I'm still trying to get the phone reconfigured since I reset to factory while trying to figure out what was wrong. 

WelshPaul

Well there is an issue with WiFi, seems like mine crashes and reboots around the two hour mark and although it reconnects to WiFi and I can make and receive calls.

Will report this in the Beta Testers forum.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

Spent nearly three hours sys logging the phone and it finally failed. This time though no reboot, all lines including obitalk are red and I am unable to make or receive calls. I can not access the web based GUI either...

Weird thing is the syslog server crashed just after the phone? Did the phone cause the crash?

Only way to get phone to work was to power down the device and restore power.

I took a screenshot of the syslog before I lost the report.

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

After downgrading my firmware, I have not had any issues.  I am not going to upgrade the firmware back to the latest version since you are having connectivity issues too. 

seemeobi

Quote from: Boykin on April 22, 2015, 06:43:49 AM
After reverting back to 5.0.0.2486 I have not had any wifi disconnects on those phones.  They have been up for about 11.5 hours now.  I appear to be back to normal.  I wonder if 2595.1311 conflicts with my router or something? 

I'm also having problems after upgrading to 5.0.0 (Build 2595.1311).  How can I revert back to the previous version of firmware?   I can't seem to find the previous version anywhere.  Any help is appreciated.

seemeobi

Since upgrading to the latest firmware 5.0.0 (Build: 2959.1311) my obi1032 (using wifi) keeps freezing up and rebooting.  Can anyone advise where I can find the previous version of Firmware?   Thanks for your help.

seemeobi

Quote from: TrekCom on April 25, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
http://fw.obihai.com/OBiPhone-latest.fw

This is the March 15 firmware. 

Thanks TrekCom... sorry I posted twice.  Couldn't find my first post and wasn't sure it went so I posted again.  Thanks for your help.  Hopefully this will solve the issue for now.

Boykin

Quote from: seemeobi on April 25, 2015, 10:56:13 AM
Quote from: TrekCom on April 25, 2015, 09:16:41 AM
http://fw.obihai.com/OBiPhone-latest.fw

This is the March 15 firmware. 

Thanks TrekCom... sorry I posted twice.  Couldn't find my first post and wasn't sure it went so I posted again.  Thanks for your help.  Hopefully this will solve the issue for now.

Let us know if it fixes your problem.

WelshPaul

This has apparently now been fixed. New firmware has been released and although I have installed it I have not actually tested the WiFi myself just yet.

***6 to update people from 28/4.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Boykin

I will update and see what happens.  

New firmware version:  5.0.0 (Build: 2619.1311)

seemeobi

I updated to 5.0.0 (Build 2619.1311) this morning and so far so good.  I haven't had any issues yet.