News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One-way audio with GV after a week or two

Started by slowbiscuit, June 04, 2011, 06:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowbiscuit

My Obi 110 using GV works fine for a week or two and then all calls only have one-way audio - I can hear other party, they can't hear me.  Rebooting the Obi fixes the problem for another week or two.  I just loaded fw version 2289 today (was using 2286).  My router is the legendary Linksys WRT54GL using Tomato fw 1.28, no ports forwarded, no QoS enabled.  Seems kind of strange that it works for a while and then quits, I would expect it to either work all the time or not at all.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

QBZappy

slowbiscuit,

You might find some insight in this thread discussing peer to peer conection. (OBi<-->OBi)

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=913.15

Quote from: obi-support2 on May 21, 2011, 12:31:17 AM
oleg,

You have this issue because you do not REGISTER on your SP1/2 main service.

Have you tried to enable X_KeepAliveEnable and set X_KeepAliveMsgType = stun,
(also set X_KeepAliveServer and X_KeepAliveServerPort to point to a valid stun server)?

Take a look at the NAT Traversal section in OBi Admin Guide. These options should
help with your particular situation.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: slowbiscuit on June 04, 2011, 06:59:29 AM
My router is the legendary Linksys WRT54GL using Tomato fw 1.28, no ports forwarded, no QoS enabled. 

I've been using a WRT54GL and Tomato f/w for years but almost never have any audio problems.

I do forward SIP and RTP ports to the OBi, however:

SIP : 5060-5061
RTP : 16600-16998

slowbiscuit

Thanks all - I think the problem is that I'm on Comcast and my DHCP lease is expiring and/or my modem is dropping sync every once in a while, causing a new public IP to be assigned.  I'm guessing that the Obi doesn't pick this up because GV is not SIP-registered and there is no keep-alive for it.  I setup a STUN server keepalive with stun.ideasip.com and will see if that fixes the problem'

jmsnyc

Quote from: RonR on June 04, 2011, 08:44:24 AM
Quote from: slowbiscuit on June 04, 2011, 06:59:29 AM
My router is the legendary Linksys WRT54GL using Tomato fw 1.28, no ports forwarded, no QoS enabled. 

I've been using a WRT54GL and Tomato f/w for years but almost never have any audio problems.

I do forward SIP and RTP ports to the OBi, however:

SIP : 5060-5061
RTP : 16600-16998

I have the same issue.  If I foward ports how will affect using magicjack on my computer which also uses sip ports?