News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No incoming caller ID on panasonic phone KX-T4168-B

Started by vanlee, June 04, 2011, 10:16:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanlee

I have the OBI110 configured using Google voice as SP1. When I call from this OBI110 Panasonic phone to my cell phone, my cell phone displays my google voice number. I currently also have a landline (soon to be out of service). When I call from this OBI110 phone to my landline-connected phone, my google voice number also shows up on the landline phone.

Now, when I call from my landline phone or cell phone to this OBI110 panasonic phone, the name and number of the incoming log show a black dot on the LCD, the date and time of the call is correctly shown. My OBI110 device has the latest firmware 1.2.1 (2289) build. This appears the my old (9 years old) Panasonic KX-T4168-B phone does not handle the '+' char sent from google voice. Is there a way to fix my problem other than buying a new digital phone which handles the '+' char?

jimates

with a recent firmware upgrade Obi took out the + from the caller id. It now just shows 11 digits.

vanlee

Quote from: jimates on June 04, 2011, 11:09:32 AM
with a recent firmware upgrade Obi took out the + from the caller id. It now just shows 11 digits.

I think I have the latset FW. I got the OBJ110 two days ago. After the installation, I saw the orange triangle which inform me a new FW is available. I proceeded to update the FW to 1.2.1 (2289) which is reported from the OBI110 device's web page.

jimates

phone does not handle the '+' char sent from google voice

The Obi now removes the +, so that shouldn't be the problem.