News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV problem with incoming calls

Started by symphony, March 25, 2015, 02:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Thanks for the screenshot.  It shows a correctly-configured, typical GV account.  If you check-mark your 7582 number, and then call your GV number, and the 7582 number rings, then you've got some issue with your OBi setup.

Factory reset your OBi and start over from scratch, following the instructions I linked earlier.

LarryP

I had the very same problem last night when I reconfigured my OBI100 from Phonepower back to GV.  I did all of the things that were listed in the link given above several times, but was unsuccessful.  In GV I had to select Settings, Groups & Circles, edit, then check Google Talk in order to get the phone connected to the OBI100 to ring on incoming calls.

LTN1

Quote from: LarryP on April 18, 2015, 04:52:03 AM
I had the very same problem last night when I reconfigured my OBI100 from Phonepower back to GV.  I did all of the things that were listed in the link given above several times, but was unsuccessful.  In GV I had to select Settings, Groups & Circles, edit, then check Google Talk in order to get the phone connected to the OBI100 to ring on incoming calls.

Google chat/Talk is usually automatically checked if it hasn't been manually configured in the past. If it has, one will typically need to recheck those in Groups. Sometimes an account holder will purposely uncheck a forwarding number or chat in a Group in order to meet a specific need for incoming call handling based on their contact group. My guess is that the Group handling was somehow manually unchecked sometimes in the past.

symphony

I have tried all that and I'm still not getting incoming calls. All the calls go straight to voicemail.
:(

LTN1

Quote from: symphony on April 22, 2015, 06:44:53 AM
I have tried all that and I'm still not getting incoming calls. All the calls go straight to voicemail.
:(

Hard to tell if there is a configuration problem with the OBi or that GV account that is causing the calls (I'm assuming you've tried calls from different numbers besides your own since sometimes a few numbers could be accidentally blocked and you would need to unblock them), could you obtain another GV account to see if it can be set up to replace that SP1 slot that you're having trouble with? If that new GV account works as normal, then we would have at least narrowed it to some type of configuration problem with the old GV account. If it doesn't work, then it is likely the OBi configuration on the SP1 slot.

drgeoff

A long shot but easy to check.  Go to google.com/voice and the Settings page.  On the 'Phones' tab, under the Forward to Google Chat and your GV account email address, click on 'Edit' and check what the 'Ring Schedule' settings are.

symphony

Quote from: LTN1 on April 22, 2015, 07:21:00 AM

Hard to tell if there is a configuration problem with the OBi or that GV account that is causing the calls (I'm assuming you've tried calls from different numbers besides your own since sometimes a few numbers could be accidentally blocked and you would need to unblock them), could you obtain another GV account to see if it can be set up to replace that SP1 slot that you're having trouble with? If that new GV account works as normal, then we would have at least narrowed it to some type of configuration problem with the old GV account. If it doesn't work, then it is likely the OBi configuration on the SP1 slot.
I tried that aswell. I also configured a Callcentric number on that Voice Service.
I deleted, re-set, and re-installed the device 4 times but to no avail.
There is a configuration problem with the device, I worked that one out. Whenever I connect to the OBiTALK portal the configuration of X_InboundCallRoute changes. Although I can't see it on the portal, it shows {ph1,ph2} if I check on the local GUI it's different {(x.):pk(tovm)},{aa3},{ph1,ph2}.
See the following link for more information: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=546

symphony

Quote from: drgeoff on April 22, 2015, 09:44:15 AM
A long shot but easy to check.  Go to google.com/voice and the Settings page.  On the 'Phones' tab, under the Forward to Google Chat and your GV account email address, click on 'Edit' and check what the 'Ring Schedule' settings are.

Sheffield_Steve

I had a similar issue setting up my GV recently. 

The fix for me was to DELETE the Google chat setting in Google voice and recreate it again.  Seems like something was amiss in the Google settings.

symphony

Quote from: Sheffield_Steve on April 27, 2015, 06:12:33 AM
I had a similar issue setting up my GV recently. 

The fix for me was to DELETE the Google chat setting in Google voice and recreate it again.  Seems like something was amiss in the Google settings.
My problem is NOT GV. I configured GV on SP$ and it's working allright.

Any VOIP I configure to SP1 has the same problem

LTN1

Quote from: symphony on April 27, 2015, 05:28:41 AM
Quote from: LTN1 on April 22, 2015, 07:21:00 AM

I tried that aswell. I also configured a Callcentric number on that Voice Service.
I deleted, re-set, and re-installed the device 4 times but to no avail.
There is a configuration problem with the device, I worked that one out. Whenever I connect to the OBiTALK portal the configuration of X_InboundCallRoute changes. Although I can't see it on the portal, it shows {ph1,ph2} if I check on the local GUI it's different {(x.):pk(tovm)},{aa3},{ph1,ph2}.
See the following link for more information: https://www.ukvoipforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=546

Noticed you were getting help from the UK forum also. Are you trying to configure Google Voice from the the UK?

azrobert

I think you have OBiPlus installed on your OBi202 and that is causing your problem.
From the OBiPlus Admin Guide:
QuoteIf SP1 is Google Voice, you can tell OBi to auto-answer the call and sends a digit 2 when receiving a call from the number associated with SP2. This tells Google Voice to send the call to leave voicemail. You can add this rule in the SP1 inbound call route: {14089995678:pk(tovm)} where 14089995678 is the number for SP2

In OBiTalk do you have a red "!" next to the X_InboundCallRoute ?
If you do, uncheck both boxes to the right to see the real value.

symphony

Quote from: LTN1 on April 27, 2015, 06:45:29 AM
Noticed you were getting help from the UK forum also. Are you trying to configure Google Voice from the the UK?
Yes I am.
But the problem is not solely with GV.
Even before I configure anything the configuration of X_InboundCallRoute changes to {(x.):pk(tovm)},{aa3},{ph1,ph2} when I link the device to OBiTalk portal

symphony

Quote from: azrobert on April 27, 2015, 06:48:50 AM
I think you have OBiPlus installed on your OBi202 and that is causing your problem.
From the OBiPlus Admin Guide:
QuoteIf SP1 is Google Voice, you can tell OBi to auto-answer the call and sends a digit 2 when receiving a call from the number associated with SP2. This tells Google Voice to send the call to leave voicemail. You can add this rule in the SP1 inbound call route: {14089995678:pk(tovm)} where 14089995678 is the number for SP2

In OBiTalk do you have a red "!" next to the X_InboundCallRoute ?
If you do, uncheck both boxes to the right to see the real value.
Thank you it's fixed.
I must have played around with OBiPLUS at some point. I cancelled OBiPlus and it's all working

LTN1

azrobert...you the man! Helping in this situation was trying to find a needle in a haystack. If you hadn't provided the answer, in situations like these where there is user error, the blame would have been unjustly placed on the OBi device.

WelshPaul

Good sleuthing azrobert! OBiPLUS didn't even enter my head!  :-\
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

azrobert

I know close to zero about OBiPlus, but I knew "pk(tovm)" was not a valid standard OBi rule and assumed it was OBiPlus. I then searched the OBiPlus Admin Guide and found the above quote.

If the OP had answered my Reply#9 on March 26th correctly, this would have been fixed a month ago.