News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 stops making/receiving calls [working now. updated]

Started by cliffcoffin, April 28, 2015, 10:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliffcoffin

Hi,
My OBI100 used to work perfectly without any trouble for almost two years. Suddenly, it stopped making/receiving calls. There is a message 'Check Tel line' showing on my phone (never happened before), and alternate green/red LED blinking on the OBI100 device. I did search on the internet for solutions, but none of them works. I have tried the following:

1. updated to the latest firmware (did that last year), change the OnHookTipRingVoltage from 46 to 50 (according to the forum):
Does not help at all.

2. deleted the device from the OBI portal, reconnected all the cables:
The 'check Tel line' disappears, but could not make calls. It makes sense because the device is not linked to my GV account. And I could successfully re-add the device into the Portal. However, after linking, it will freeze at 'Configuring' and show as 'off line' after a while. The light on the device turns from solid green to alternate green/red, and the 'check Tel line' message is showing up again. At this moment, no calls could be made. Even when I tried to dial some number, no response will be heard from the phone...

3. Hard reset everything after deleting the device from the Portal:
Could not go though - the light is not changing even I kept pinning in for a minute or repeat pinning, and the device is not rebooting.

Appreciate all the suggestions.

LTN1

Just guessing--so don't shoot the messenger--but could you try an alternate power adapter?

OzarkEdge

Feels like something has failed... OBi power supply, OBi circuits, cables/interconnects.  Login and check the Status screens for health.  Try another power supply.  Buy a new OBi?

OE

cliffcoffin

Thanks for the input. It's back to normal now.

There is no problem with the cables. I tried to replace the power cable, internet cable and phone cable. Not helping. After it's back to work, I used the original cables. No problem at all.

New things I tried: 1. disable auto fireware update 2. disable ITSP provisioning 3. disable Obitalk provisioning 4. OnHookTipRingVoltage value was changed to 50

The tricky part is all the settings will go back to the default values whenever alternate green/red lights appear. And at this moment, u could not access the obi to make changes. The only way is that forcing rebooting after each change, then double check the changes were successfully applied.

My solution may not be the best/easiest. And I did not go back and trouble shoot which step is the real cause of my problem. As long as it works, i am happy and not going to spend too much time on this stupid issue. There must be some hardware/firmware problems. Obihai should look into that since I found the similar complaint from Amazon.

Btw, their customer service SUCKS. MEAN and USELESS. The whole team should be fired.