News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"no line" starting today Apr 27

Started by nikd, April 27, 2015, 02:56:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikd

I have OBI200 and have not had an issue prior to today.  Today, my phones are showing "NO LINE" on the handsets.  My OBI200 is over a year old, so i would have to pay $10 for support (Not sure if i should do this yet or not).  I tried a different older physical phone just in case, but when i pick-up the receiver, i just hear a little wire noise.  My OBI dashboard shows as connected with a green dot (Google Voice).  My forward to GTalk is still enabled.  I even tried deleting GVoice on the OBI-Dashboard and reconfiguring it.  Although it still shows connected and a green dot, my phones do not have service.

Any ideas?  

OzarkEdge

Since it was working and is now not working, assume something has failed and go looking for it.  Check each link in the chain; shorten the chain to exclude broken links; swap in spare links.

Start with cabling and the Internet connection.  Login to the OBi and check it's Status screens.  Does it indicate off-hook when you pickup the phone?

I would not reconfigure things.  I would look for the point of failure first.

OE

nikd

network pro here, so i'm pretty adept at such things.  internet is good (i'm using it here), 3 green lights on the OBI.

System Status
WAN Status
Parameter Name Value
AddressingType DHCP
IPAddress 192.168.1.125
SubnetMask 255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway 192.168.1.254
DNSServer1 192.168.1.254
DNSServer2
MACAddress 9CADEF60044E

Product Information
Parameter Name Value
ModelName OBi200
MACAddress 9CADEF60044E
SerialNumber 88F01NA00Z5F
OBiNumber XXX XXX XXX
HardwareVersion 1.4
SoftwareVersion 3.0.1 (Build: 4581)
SystemTime 17:53:33 04/27/2015, Monday
UpTime 0 Days 1:12:59 (6)
CertificatesStatus Installed
CustomizationStatus Generic

OBiBT Dongle 1 Status
Parameter Name Value
Status No Dongle
Discoverable
CallState
BindingService

OBiBT Dongle 2 Status
Parameter Name Value
Status No Dongle
Discoverable
CallState
BindingService

SP1 Service Status
Parameter Name Value
Status Connected
PrimaryProxyServer
SecondaryProxyServer
CallState 0 Active Calls

SP2 Service Status
Parameter Name Value
Status Registered (server=72.9.149.69:5010; expire in 48s)(UAP:5081)
PrimaryProxyServer
SecondaryProxyServer
CallState 0 Active Calls

SP3 Service Status
Parameter Name Value
Status Service Not Configured
PrimaryProxyServer
SecondaryProxyServer
CallState 0 Active Calls

SP4 Service Status
Parameter Name Value
Status Service Not Configured
PrimaryProxyServer
SecondaryProxyServer
CallState 0 Active Calls

OBiTALK Service Status
Parameter Name Value
Status Normal (User Mode) (0);ex-addr=71.88.133.191:10000(10000)
CallState 0 Active Calls

The port status is not reporting off hook appropriately.  it stays in on-hook status even when refreshment browser.
Port Status
Parameter Name PHONE1 Port
State On Hook
LoopCurrent 0 mA
VBAT 0 V (37.9 V)
TipRingVoltage 0 V
LastCallerInfo '' 1985xxxyyyy (this data was accurate, but the handset did not ring)

drgeoff

"No line" is most likely a result of the phone not seeing the circa 50 volts that should be coming from the Obi's phone port.  There is no configuration setting which can turn that down or off.  Nor can any ITSP or internet problem.  Only two possible causes for no volts getting to the phone (if the phone itself is good):

1.  Physical damage to the cord or the plug/socket connections at either end.

2.  Hardware fault on the Obi.

Log in to the Obi locally or use Expert Configuration on the portal.  Click on Status, Phone Status.  What do you see for VBAT and TipRingVoltage when the phone is on-hook and when it is off-hook?

drgeoff

Your second post appeared after I started writing my previous one.  Your TipRingVoltage should not be zero.  I'm seeing 'VBAT 57 V (12.4 V)' and 'TipRingVoltage 46 V' on an OBi100 with phone on hook.

Unplug the cord from the Obi's PHONE socket.  If the TipRingVoltage stays at 0, you have a faulty OBi or possibly a failing wall-wart.

nikd

Thank you @drgeoff , it stays at 0V, so looks like i'm buying a new OBI.

drgeoff

If you have another suitable PSU, try it.  Does not have to be an official OBi one.  Requirements are 12 volts dc, +ve centre and plug that fits.  Ideally at least 1 amp rating but anything above about 700 mA should be enough for a quick test without overheating.

nikd

thank all, i was lucky to find another 12v 1A psu, but the device still has 0v at the phone port.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: nikd on April 27, 2015, 02:56:06 PM
I have OBI200 and have not had an issue prior to today.  Today, my phones are showing "NO LINE" on the handsets.  My OBI200 is over a year old

Just out of curiosity, how many phones/ringers has your OBi been driving?  The PHONE Port is rated REN 5... good for about 5 phones rated REN 1.

OE

nikd

Quote from: OzarkEdge on April 28, 2015, 01:48:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, how many phones/ringers has your OBi been driving?   [...]

only 1 wireless base (1 physical line).

Fortunately, i purchased a SquareTrade warranty with the device, so they will reimburse me upon device return.  i have just purchased another OBI200 w/ SquareTrade warranty from Amazon today.