News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem dialing out via land line (factory default settings)

Started by zoomin, June 04, 2011, 10:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoomin

Hi guys. Noticed another issue on my Obi110...

To be sure, I reset to factory defaults first. Did not make any changes - no GV, no call forwarding, nothing - straight factory defaults.

So, I am simply trying to dial out via Phone 1 connected to the Obi using a land line. The results are inconsistent to say the least.

Only rarely it connects fine.

Most of the times, I get a first long beep, and then 5-6 seconds silence, followed by AT&T's message "Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later."

Sometimes, the first long beep is followed by a busy signal.

I have no such issues when dialing out via Phone 2 connected directly to the land line.

Is there anything that needs to be fine-tuned to make dialing out on the land line consistent?

Thanks a lot, guys!

RonR

An OBi110 set to factory defaults should be able to make simple calls out the LINE Port with no changes.

After a failed call, does the Call History show the correct number was dialed on the LINE Port according to AT&T requirements?

Can you dial #, get an AT&T dialtone, and call out consistently without any problems?

zoomin

Quote from: RonR on June 04, 2011, 11:03:11 AM
An OBi110 set to factory defaults should be able to make simple calls out the LINE Port with no changes.

After a failed call, does the Call History show the correct number was dialed on the LINE Port according to AT&T requirements?

Can you dial #, get an AT&T dialtone, and call out consistently without any problems?

Yes, it works consistently if I first dial # - no problems.

Checked the call history and correct numbers are being dialed.

Could this be related to the reported DTMF problems in the latest firmware? http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=577.0

I did try one suggestion from that thread, namely Phone Port/DTMRxMode=Software, but it did not help.

RonR

Quote from: zoomin on June 04, 2011, 11:21:45 AM
Could this be related to the reported DTMF problems in the latest firmware?

I don't know.  Obihai isn't responding to the reproducible problems some of us have been reporting.  I have a DSL only line here and the only number on the LINE Port I can dial is 911, so I can't test that particular path.