News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to upload my own screensaver pictures on obi1022

Started by carlyle705, April 28, 2015, 09:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlyle705

Got my phone yesterday and love to tweak it.
Thanks.

WelshPaul

I haven't done this for some time but all you need to do from memory is...

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf page 58

Adding a Background Picture to the Phone
You can select the background picture to show on the phone using the User Preferences App. The picture is selected from among the pictures stored in the phone's internal storage. To add you own pictures to the phone to be used as background picture, follow these steps:
1. Copy your picture to a USB memory drive. The picture must be in PNG or JPG/JPEG format. It is preferred to have a dimension of 480x272; otherwise the phone will resize it to the correct size. Resampling the image size on your computer before loading onto the phone will yield the best display results and ensure your wallpaper is displayed crisply.
2. Connect the USB drive to one of the USB ports on the back of the phone
3. On the phone GUI, go to Settings and select the Storage item
4. Under Settings/Storage, highlight the Device option and press > or < until you see the USB Port where the
USB drive is connected (the icon should be green)
5. Select "Explore" soft key
6. Highlight the picture file in your USB drive and press "Copy"
7. Select the "backgnd" folder of the Internal device as the destination folder to copy the picture file to
8. Back to Settings/Storage and press "Eject" before unplugging the USB drive from the phone

Then go to User Settings > User Preferences and enable the ScreenSaver parameter by putting a tick in the box and then change the ScreenSaverType parameter to Slide Show (User Pictures Only)
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

carlyle705

Thank you so much!
I followed your direction and It worked!

Quote from: WelshPaul on April 28, 2015, 01:01:23 PM
I haven't done this for some time but all you need to do from memory is...

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf page 58

Adding a Background Picture to the Phone
You can select the background picture to show on the phone using the User Preferences App. The picture is selected from among the pictures stored in the phone's internal storage. To add you own pictures to the phone to be used as background picture, follow these steps:
1. Copy your picture to a USB memory drive. The picture must be in PNG or JPG/JPEG format. It is preferred to have a dimension of 480x272; otherwise the phone will resize it to the correct size. Resampling the image size on your computer before loading onto the phone will yield the best display results and ensure your wallpaper is displayed crisply.
2. Connect the USB drive to one of the USB ports on the back of the phone
3. On the phone GUI, go to Settings and select the Storage item
4. Under Settings/Storage, highlight the Device option and press > or < until you see the USB Port where the
USB drive is connected (the icon should be green)
5. Select "Explore" soft key
6. Highlight the picture file in your USB drive and press "Copy"
7. Select the "backgnd" folder of the Internal device as the destination folder to copy the picture file to
8. Back to Settings/Storage and press "Eject" before unplugging the USB drive from the phone

Then go to User Settings > User Preferences and enable the ScreenSaver parameter by putting a tick in the box and then change the ScreenSaverType parameter to Slide Show (User Pictures Only)

munozj

Is it possible to do this via provisioning? 

I've been able to setup a single image as the screen saver for my company by pointing the ScreenSaverPictureURL to an onsite http server but is it possible to use this method to display more than one image and use the slideshow feature?