News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 dial and ring time on PSTN

Started by terraprime, April 29, 2015, 06:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terraprime

So I am working on setting up the Obi110 and have used the UK config files to get the best out of the phone. Its working but not as I would like.

When I caLL the OBI PSTN number it will ring for me the caller 3 times before it starts to ring on the phone connected to the OBI, how do I reduce this?

We have set the primary outbound line to be the PSTN rather than a voip service, the issue is that once we have dialled the number it takes a good 10 seconds before the number will actually start to ring.

How do we reduct this to about 4 seconds or less. I know how to do it on the OBI202 but can't see that option in the OBI110.

Help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ianobi

Try these settings. The digitmap is a very simplified version to check that dialling 0xxxxxxxxxx numbers is very much speeded up and other numbers will be speeded up to an acceptable level. The delay in the digitmap cannot be changed as in the OBi202 with a global setting, so it's all down to working out an exact digitmap that suits the numbers that you dial.

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(0[1-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|xx.S3)

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime: 80
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > DialDigitOffTime: 80
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > PSTN Disconnect Detection > DetectFarEndLongSilence: uncheck
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: FSK(V.23)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Ringer > RingFrequency: 25
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDMethod: FSK(V.23)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDTrigger: Before First Ring

ianobi

I also advise taking all of the three-digit emergency numbers out of all of the trunk digit maps and deal with them only in the Phone Port Digitmap and OutboundCallRoute. Assuming that you wish to direct the emergency numbers to the PSTN line, then:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|101|111|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|999|112|101|111):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

terraprime

The above has not assisted in reducing dial time or inbound ringing.

drgeoff

The delay on inbound calls to a 110 before ringing the phone is partly controlled by Physical Interfaces, Line Port, RingDelay.  In the UK you can reduce the default 4000 (milliseconds) substantially.  Mine works fine with 250 on a BT line. You may be able to go lower, even to zero (as in Ianobi's post).  (There is no equivalent on a 202 as it doesn't have Caller ID coming in on a PSTN line.)

The default is high because in the US, Caller ID is sent between 1st and 2nd rings.  In the UK it is before the first ring.

ianobi

Inbound ringing is controlled by:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > RingDelay
I wonder if the delay is caused by the OBi110. When calling your OBi PSTN number you may receive ringing tone before the ringing current is sent to the OBi device from the local exchange. You may prove this by putting a corded telephone in parallel with the OBi110 Line Port and seeing how long the delay is between the corded phone ringing and the phone attached to the OBi Phone Port ringing.

Dial time is a function of several factors:
LINE Port Digitmap - my suggested digitmap should have a zero delay for 0xxxxxxxxxx numbers.
LINE Port DialDelay - time to "seize" the local exchange equipment for the PSTN line.
LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime - DTMF tone on.
LINE Port > DialDigitOffTime - DTMF tone off.

DialDelay default is 500ms, it's probably unsafe to reduce this. I've reduced DialDigitOnTime and DialDigitOffTime to 80ms from 200 ms. So for seizing the PSTN line and sending the DTMF digits out there will be a delay of around 2.2 seconds simply to deliver the DTMF digits to the local exchange. Then the PSTN network will have a short delay to add in processing the digits and routing the call. Again dialling from a phone in parallel with the OBi110 Line Port will show how much of the delay is down to the PSTN network.

terraprime

Thanks.

I got the the OBI to dial much faster now, but still having an issue with inbound calling taking too long to reach the phone.

Just a shame the features of the 202 are not in the 110 because that would have solved this by now.

Is there another way to resolve the issue?

Thanks

ianobi

QuoteJust a shame the features of the 202 are not in the 110 because that would have solved this by now.

I don't think that is the case. Setting up physical PSTN landlines is very different from doing the same with voip.

My OBi110 has the setting:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0

It rings a corded phone almost instantly an incoming call arrives. However, normally I have a DECT base unit and phones attached to the Phone Port and this adds 2 to 3 seconds delay before ringing. Might this be the problem?

drgeoff

Quote from: terraprime on April 29, 2015, 10:57:48 AM
..but still having an issue with inbound calling taking too long to reach the phone.

Just a shame the features of the 202 are not in the 110 because that would have solved this by now.
In your opinion, which feature(s) of the 202 would, if present in the 110, solve your inbound calling problem?

bsdaiwa

When you get this issue solved could you post the final results.
Thanks