News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can't make outgoing calls Obi110 & FPL

Started by xaveryptak, April 29, 2015, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xaveryptak

I had FPL and GV set up on Obi110 with a landline working well. Then I ported my landline number to FPL and now I cannot make outbound calls. Incoming calls work fine. I get the message " the number you've dialed was rejected by service provider, reason #400. I've resetted my Obi and tried different digiMaps but to no avail. Any advice?

drgeoff

Point a browser at your OBi's IP address and login to its local web server.  (admin and admin if you have not changed the password.)  On the left hand side, click on Status and then Call History.  The right hand column will show what numbers the OBi actually sent and to where.  Check that they are what would be expected.

OzarkEdge

Could it be that you route outbound to your landline, LI1, which is now no longer in service, post port?

Edit:  Probably not given the SIP response code 400.  Here is a list of SIP codes:  http://www.3cx.com/pbx/sip-responses/.  As suggested above, check your OBi Call History to see what number your dial plan is routing to where.

OE

xaveryptak

thanks for your help. My call history shows for all outbound calls:"End Call (400 Bad Request(Bad Content-Length (larger than datagram)))". Unfortunately, I still don't know how to fix it.

drgeoff

A lot more information would help.

What Service Providers are currently on the 110?  If more than FPL is it all outgoing calls that are failing or only those via FPL?  How are you configuring the SPs?  Is the Call History not showing anything like '1234567890@freephoneline.ca'?

gsmlnx

This error message was mentioned in two threads:

and in both cases was fixed by turning off the router's SIP ALG option.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: gsmlnx on April 30, 2015, 05:12:58 AM
This error message was mentioned in two threads:

and in both cases was fixed by turning off the router's SIP ALG option.

Good tip.  But may not explain why it was working and now is not working.

OP needs to get the OBi dial plan to route a properly formed number to the desired trunk... then see if the router is messing with it.

OE

xaveryptak

My SP1 is FPL and SP2 is GV. Google Voice works fine with **2 dialing. Incoming calls are fine both on FPL and GV. I am not 100% sure if FPL outbound was working before porting the number since my landline had priority. I should've disconnected landline for testing but I don't think I did that. 

xaveryptak

that's what my history shows when I attempt to call via FPL (SP1):

Terminal ID    PHONE1            SP1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   xxx xxx xxxx   xxx xxx xxxx
Direction         Outbound           Outbound
15:12:21         New Call   
15:12:21                              End Call (400 Bad Request(Bad Content-Length (larger than datagram)))

"Is the Call History not showing anything like '1234567890@freephoneline.ca'?"
I don't see anything like that just a regular phone number I am attempting to dial.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: xaveryptak on April 30, 2015, 08:45:39 AM
that's what my history shows:

Terminal ID    PHONE1            SP1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   xxx xxx xxxx   xxx xxx xxxx
Direction         Outbound           Outbound
15:12:21         New Call   
15:12:21                              End Call (400 Bad Request(Bad Content-Length (larger than datagram)))

That looks more like my OBi202 Call Status.  Call History here is easier to follow.

Anyways, perhaps the peer number being called should be xxxxxxxxxx with no spaces, and maybe FPL requires the 1.

I think you need to fix your dial plan?

OE

xaveryptak

ITSP Profile A: --> General
DigiMap : (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|*98|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)

Voice Services -->SP1 Service
X_KeepAlive: Enabled
X_KeepAliveExpires: 20

Initially, I set it up following Mango instructions with his digimaps but since that included a landline, after porting I did reset to default config and used Obitalk to register FPL as SP1 and GV as SP2.

I am not sure what other info would you need?

I'll read the links and see if I can figure it out.

xaveryptak

QuoteThat looks more like my OBi202 Call Status.  Call History here is easier to follow.

I got it under Call History tab (a table with orange lines):

Call 7   04/29/2015    16:44:55   

Terminal ID      PHONE1                  SP1
Peer Name      
Peer Number   519xxxxxxx   519xxxxxxx
Direction      Outbound                   Outbound
16:44:55      New Call   
16:44:55                             End Call (400 Bad Request(Bad Content-Length (larger than datagram)))

QuoteAnyways, perhaps the peer number being called should be xxxxxxxxxx with no spaces, and maybe FPL requires the 1.

I think you need to fix your dial plan?

OE

My bad: the number string is all together as you show it, I just split it up to show that's a phone number. I've tried all: 1+area code+ number, area code+ number and just 7 number calling, with no luck.

OzarkEdge

Dial plan is good enough.

What router do you have?

Login to your router, search for WAN-related SIP ALG or SIP Passthrough function, and disable it/save/reboot, if present.

OE

drgeoff

Quote from: xaveryptak on April 30, 2015, 08:45:39 AM
"Is the Call History not showing anything like '1234567890@freephoneline.ca'?"
I don't see anything like that just a regular phone number I am attempting to dial.
My mistake. I was looking at the Call History on my Obi and forgetting that almost every call from it is going out on a Voice Gateway.

Seeing only the number part is correct for a call going out on a SP.