News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

call forwarding on busy

Started by stronz, April 29, 2015, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stronz

I'm reading a lot of conflicting information on this so hopefully I can get a clear answer.  I have an obi202 and 2 google voice accounts on it.  They are both working correctly incoming and outgoing.  However I am trying to get one of the lines when I am talking on it to forward out when busy.  So I went into physical interfaces, line and enables forward out on busy.  I then put the spx(forwardnumber) but it is not working.  Ive read people having this working and not.  Do I need to enable something else or am i missing something?  Also I tried through *60 as specified here http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543022 but it is not working there either.

thanks

azrobert

I tried Call Forward on Busy a long time ago with GV and it didn't work. Other people reported the same. I believe it works with other providers. Unconditional Call Forward worked with GV. I don't know why Busy doesn't work.

You could fork the call to your phone and to the other number, but put a delay on the call to the other number. This would give you time to answer the call before the other number starts to ring. There would always be a delay to the other number, even when the phone is busy.  You would have to play with the delay for best results. This is the best I can do.

Assuming GV is defined on SP1 and you want to route the call out SP2 after 10 seconds:
Voice Services -> SP1 Services -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp2(18005551212;d=10)

azrobert

I gave you false information.
A user posted they were using Call Forward on Busy with GV.
I tried Call Forwarding on Busy with my GV account and it worked.
This is how I coded it:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp2(18005551212)

A inbound call on SP1 will be forwarded  out SP2 to number 18005551212.

JBecich

This did the trick:
Obi Expert Configuration
Voice Service
SP1 Services
CallForwardOnBusyEnable:  Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2

Thus the incoming call, to sp1, rolled over internally within the Obi202, to the ph2 port.   
It worked.  I tested it repeatedly.