News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Generic SIP connection won't register after editing it

Started by jamieh, May 01, 2015, 07:28:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamieh

Hi all,

I am new to ObiTalk and had a generic SIP provider working perfectly on my OBi202 device.

I tried to add an SP2 config, but that wasn't able to register. I deleted the SP2 config and then tried to edit the SP1 config to make sure it was associated with the correct lines. It's now stuck with the following status:

Retrying Register (server=0.0.0.0:1)(UAP:5080)

My service provider proxy is sip.2talk.com and the port is 5060. I'm only using the OBiTalk website to configure it remotely.

Should I log onto the device itself?

Thanks!

drgeoff

'Server=0.0.0.0:1' is not right but without sight of all the configuration I cannot know why.

You can configure either on the portal or locally, but not a mix of the two.

Just using the local GUI will not of itself solve your problem.

Maybe easier to reset everything and start again.

jamieh

WelshPaul

I have had this error tonight when setting up my generic sip details. Took several attempts of entering the proxy, username and password before lines would finally register. Although the portal shows service not configured even though they are.

I figured a reset is needed but I don't have the time to do this tonight.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

WelshPaul

Ok well a little update...

There is an issue with the web portal.

What appears to be happening is although you enter the correct generic SIP details and everything looks fine via the OBi Service Provider Set-Up wizard, once saved if you go into the Obi Expert Configuration and view some of the parameters you will see that the portal is actually inserting totally different values into some of the fields.

An example:
ProxyServer:
OutboundProxy: 1
OutboundProxyPort: 1

I removed the tick from the OBiTALK Settings box and placed a tick into the Device Default box, I added the Proxy server and now Service Not Configured has changed to registered.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

rbowles

UGH!  Really takes the shine off my brand new 1032 phone (trying to configure it for the first time).  Also tested an Obi100 and Obi2xx ... all broken on Generic SIP setup.

Obi PLEASE FIX ASAP!

drgeoff

Quote from: jamieh on May 04, 2015, 10:23:40 AM
Any word on a fix for this?
Obihai does not have a good record of weekend fixes.  :(

Have patience, grasshopper.  :)