News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 NAT

Started by restamp, May 02, 2015, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

The router portion of the OBi202 includes a built-in NAT function.  Can anyone tell me (1) the type of NAT this is implemented, (2) the number of NAT table entries, (3) the timeout parameters for TCP and UDP connections, and (4) whether there is any way to dump the contents of the NAT table?

Thanks

drgeoff

I expect that people who would know how to find the answers would decide not to use the 202's router.  :)

I do recall some piece of software that told me what sort of NAT was in circuit but I cannot remember what it was.

restamp

I suspect you are right, drgeoff.  Still, the 202 router has some nice features, like Port Forwarding with Port Translation.

BTW, I like to dump my router's NAT table occasionally:  Sometimes the paths that are revealed are a real epiphany.

(But, are there no OBiTalk engineers on this forum?)

TrapDoor

I believe this utility will tell you what you want to know. Use any publicly available stun server. Good luck and please share your results.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,22292023

restamp

Thanks for the pointer, TrapDoor.  The thread was interesting reading.  Unfortunately, I'd have to take my 202 out of service, reconfigure it as a router, and then replace my existing router with it.  That's just too much trouble to answer a question that is at best a curiosity.  Indeed, I'm more interested in the size of the NAT table -- the number of connections it can support.

If someone else does check this out, please do post the results here.