News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice doesn't work

Started by ndmehta19, May 02, 2015, 09:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndmehta19

Hi,
    Since past few days I can not make international call from my Obi on device. I have installed model OBI 110. Whenever I try to make a call, system gives me an error message that "We could not complete your call please try again". Not sure what is the issue here. Anyone can provide any guidance? The only way I can make an international call is through Google Hangout dialpad.

Thanks,

Neil

drgeoff

Is the failure to one particular number or country or any international destination? Is your GV working to N. America numbers?

ndmehta19

Calls to US and Canada numbers work through Obi 110. Can not call India. I have not tried other countries. Should also highlight that calls to US and international destination work from Google Hangout though. International calls don't work from Obi 110.

drgeoff

Point a browser at the OBi's IP address on your LAN and log in.  admin and admin are the defaults. On the left hand side,  click on Status the Call History. You should see the numbers you dialled on the left hand part (under PHONE1) and the numbers sent to GV on the right. Do they look correct for the India one(s) ?

ndmehta19

Okay. They look the same to me. Attached please find screen shot for your reference.

Thx

SteveInWA

This isn't an OBi issue.  GV calls to India occasionally just don't work.  Aside from that, calling domestically within India isn't supported at all.

ndmehta19

Hi Steve,
  Thanks! Just to be clear. am in California and trying to call India number from Obi 110 using GV.

Neil

SteveInWA

Got it.  Yes, calls to India simply don't go through sometimes.  It's been a problem on an off for a long time.  You'll just have to use a different service provider in those cases.

ndmehta19

Steve and drgeoff
     I did a hard reset on my Obi 110 and re registered GV on it. Now I can make international calls. Not sure what was the issue but everything works fine now.
     Thanks for all your help,

Regards,

Neil