News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where is the "Generic Service Provider" setup page mentiond often in the forums?

Started by LumEEE, May 05, 2015, 11:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumEEE

Where is this "Generic Provider" setup window?  I could not find anything on the OBi web site with that name. OBiTALK support page FAQ does mention it without explaining where one goes to use it.

And I have read on these OBiTALK forum pages that the (to me) mysterious Generic tool was broke for some days.  I would not know, since it does not come up in a search or the non-existent "OBiTALK Index".  OBiTALK support page FAQ does mention it without explaining where one goes to use it.

However, on the bright side, I believe I have (finally) deleted my earlier service provider (VestaLink) from everywhere .... local OBi100 and and OBiTALK's web page based setup, resetting the OBi 100  with the ever-present paperclip here, deleting ( using the trash can on the OBiTALK web page) the SP 1 configuration.   Then started from scratch using Anveo's configurator for the OBi 110.

We can call a number and the correct Caller ID appears at the other end and we can now receive calls using Amveo for incoming and outgoing.

Heck of a puzzle that needs a new design all over again.

drgeoff

1. On the portal click on your Obi directly below 'My Obi devices' .
2. Click on 'Service Provider Set-up' (on Device Information tab).
3. In the 'Obitalk compatible service providers' box click 'Next'.
4. Generic service provider is at the bottom of the list.

LumEEE

Thank you, drgeoff.  Just one added bit, please.  Just before step "1." ... where or what is "The Portal"?  A search here only brought up the forum. 

OzarkEdge

Quote from: LumEEE on May 06, 2015, 06:50:59 AM
Thank you, drgeoff.  Just one added bit, please.  Just before step "1." ... where or what is "The Portal"?  A search here only brought up the forum. 

The OBiTALK Cloud includes the OBiTALK Service peer-to-peer network and OBiTALK Provisioning for remote device configuration and management using the OBiTALK web portal. Local device configuration and management can be performed using the OBi web interface without using the cloud platform except not for Google Voice configuration.

Login to http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/... that is the portal.

OE

LumEEE

Thinking I've found the glitches ...
1.  Signing in takes user to the page which contains "My OBi Devices" which has the "Device Information" tab.

2.  If "Instances Full" shows at the top of the page above "Device Configuration - OBi100", then clicking "Next" does not take the user anywhere.

Now, if, say SP 1 or SP 2 is unallocated then perhaps "Next" takes the user to the list in which the Generic Service provider is at the bottom.

I did not delete or un-allocate either SP 1 or SP2, so I can't be certain that's the key that opens the "Next" door.  Therefore, I've still to actually see the "Generic Service Provider" option  :)

If the thoughts in the sentences above are true, then, drgeoff, your step "4." would work.  In my case both SP 1 and SP2 were allocated for a couple of years, thus no way into the Generic Service Provider page.

Your thoughts?

Otherwise, OsarkEdge and drgeoff, your input has been put into a text page as a future reminder for me, along with my own stumble-filled hike.  Thank you both for the travel guide.