News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No incoming calls and register failed - freephoneline.ca

Started by babbler, May 14, 2015, 05:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babbler

Hi, I am trying to setup my obi200 ATA with freephoneline.ca. Outgoing calls work fine but I don't receive incoming calls they go straight to voicemail. On the OBi Dashboard the status is listed as "Register Failed: No Response From Server". I am using OBi Talk's default configuration for freephoneline.ca.

I tried using the settings from the "OBi100 Setup Guide" on http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090 but neither incoming or outgoing calls worked. I received a 484 error when making outgoing calls. The status was the same, register failed.

My phone number was ported from Primus to FPL on May 12.

Can someone please help me? Thank you.

drgeoff

Double check you are using the correct SIP username and password. These may not be the same as those used to log in to your account on a provider's web site.

That guide has at least 1 flaw. It shows doing the configuration via the device's local web server but does not include the steps necessary to disable remote provisioning. The Obitalk portal will sooner or later overwrite the local settings.