News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Register Failed 401 Unauthorized

Started by Diane, May 15, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane

Trying to get a connection to Vestalink.  Keep getting an error message on the Dashboard, "Register Failed 401 Unauthorized".
Cannot call out or receive calls for past two days.  Do have dial tone.  I've used them about a year and just renewed subscription to Vestalink a couple days ago.  

They advised that I disable the SIP ALG on the Netgear router. Done and rebooted.
Also rebooted to factory (via paperclip) and reinstalled the Obi100.

Still get a "407" error message when calling out and cannot receive calls.

Not sure what to try next.

OzarkEdge

It sounds like your device is not authenticating with your SIP account.  I would investigate that you have an active paid up account with your provider, and that you are using the correct SIP account settings in your device.

You can log into an OBi and view it's registration status.

Worked before but not now... I doubt your router is an issue.

The Vestalink renewal coinciding with the service disruption is suspect.  I would ask them again to confirm the health of your SIP account.

OE

BigJim_McD

Diane, My suggestion is to:  Log onto your Vestalink account and verify the following.

Devices  >  Softphone/BYOD  >  Vestalink Sip Credentials

https://www.vestalink.com/byod.php

Your Vestalink Sip Credentials are displayed on this page.

Devices  >  Vestalink Devices Connected:

https://www.vestalink.com/dashboard.php

If you have successfully configured your OBi100, the OBi100 should display under:  Vestalink Devices Connected.  If not, I suggest that you delete Vestalink from it's current "SP" on your OBi100, then reprovision Vestalink using your Vestalink Sip Credentials from the step above. 

Myself, I use OBiTalk to provision my OBi devices.  Vestalink is provisioned on OBiTalk as a "Generic" Service Provider.
BigJimMcD

cbtodd

I'm having almost the exact same problem as Diane.
former Vestalink customer, but I never renewed with them since GV was now supported.  But as of a few days back I cannot dial out.  Income callls work fine.
getting same error message as Diane stated above.  Have not been able to find a resolution yet.

and since I didn't renew with Vestalink, I can no longer log into my old Vestalink account - they say I'm no longer an active account.

not sure what else to try at this point.

SteveInWA

Quote from: cbtodd on May 22, 2015, 05:42:56 PM
I'm having almost the exact same problem as Diane.
former Vestalink customer, but I never renewed with them since GV was now supported.  But as of a few days back I cannot dial out.  Income callls work fine.
getting same error message as Diane stated above.  Have not been able to find a resolution yet.

and since I didn't renew with Vestalink, I can no longer log into my old Vestalink account - they say I'm no longer an active account.

not sure what else to try at this point.

This isn't the same issue at all.  Diane couldn't get Vestalink to work.  You apparently can't get Google Voice to work.  Of course, Vestalink won't work, because you are no longer their customer.

If you formerly had set up your OBi device using the managed service provider function for Vestalink, then try this:

• Delete your OBi device completely off of the dashboard.
  • Watch the blinking LEDs on the OBi, and wait a few minutes for it to be remotely reset.
  • After the LEDs stop blinking, power the OBi off and on again, and then add it back to the dashboard using the "add device" link on the dashboard page, in the upper left portion of the page, which will have you press **5 and a code number.
  • Follow my instructions here to re-do your Google Voice setup:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460