News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Landline forward Obi202 after x number of rings?

Started by Volta10, May 16, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volta10

I want the landline to call hunt the obi202 device after 4 rings.  I did a lot of research but I'm confused how to set it up. 
A lot of posts suggest to get a Obi110.  Can I get an ObiLine device to add POTS to the Obi202 instead? 
I would appreciate if someone can show me how to do this.  Also, I would like to preserve the caller's ID if possible.  Thanks.

azrobert

You can use an OBiLine to add a POTS line to your OBi202.
Some people had an echo using OBiLine, but I think this problem was resolved with a firmware update.
I have an OBi110.

Make the following changes using OBi Expert.

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port
InboundCallRoute: ph
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount: 4

You won't see the Line Port parameters until you install OBiLine.
All the trunks have the same parameters.
I assume you have an inbound trunk defined on SP1.
You can make the same changes for SP1 and test this setup before purchasing the OBiLine.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service
InboundCallRoute: ph
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount: 4

Volta10

What if I want to transfer to obi202 device?  Is it possible to transfer line 2 and obi202 in the same lan?

Could you clarify call forward on Busy option?  With your settings is it possible:
1)  If the line is busy can I continue to talk with the caller #1 on line 1 and someone else in the house picks up line 2 to answer caller #2? ? 
2)  My land line has call waiting, is it possible keep the conversation on line 1 and Obi transfer the call waiting on line 2? 

azrobert

Are you asking if you can transfer a call to a 2nd OBi202? You can transfer a call to a 2nd OBi202 using the OBiTalk network by specifying a transfer number pp(510222222). Change 510222222 to the OBi number of the 2nd OBi202.

If you are on a call, another inbound call will be transferred to the destination you specify. The original call will not be affected. Transfer On Busy will not work if Call Waiting is enabled. I don't know any way to transfer the Call Waiting call.

azrobert

The Call Waiting call might get transferred on the 4th ring because of No Answer. I never tried testing this condition. Why don't you try and let us know what happens.