December 18, 2017, 04:59:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obion app not available on the Indian store?  (Read 21764 times)
HelloG

« on: May 18, 2015, 07:58:28 am »

A search for the Obion app for iOS on the Apple store found it, but when I went to install it on an iPhone 6 of a visitor whose account is based in India, it asked me if it should switch to the Indian app store (really the only choice...other choice was to Cancel).  After switching to the Indian app store, Apple store informed that the Obion app is not available in the Indian store!

Isn't the Obion app available globally?
OzarkEdge

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:59 am »

Maybe VoIP etc. is restricted in India?

OE

HelloG

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 08:10:40 pm »

Hi OzarkEdge,

VOIP is not restricted in India as far as I know.  I've been asking family to use Obi devices for the last few years and it works without any problems or workarounds.  This problem is only with the ObiON App on the Apple Store.

If anyone knows any more about this, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
rolandh

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 07:55:34 am »

I'm in the U.S. but also have a U.K iTunes account. I used a friend's U.K. address to set up the U.K. account. You don't need to add a payment method to download free apps. I just sign out of my U.S. account and into my U.K. account when I need an app available in the U.K. but not the U.S.
HelloG

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2015, 04:32:34 am »

Hi Roland,

So I understand you have two iTunes accounts. Did you have to switch to the US account to download ObiON because the app is not available in the UK store? Thanks,
rolandh

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2015, 10:52:20 am »

Hi,

Yup, after creating the U.S. account your friends in India just need to switch to the U.S. account, download OBion then switch back to their regular Indian iTunes account. The only downside is that they won't receive update notifications for OBion while signed into their normal Indian account but then OBion isn't updated very often.

Cheers! Roland
HelloG

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 12:44:54 pm »

Roland, thank you for that information.  I didn't even know it was possible to have accounts in two regional iTunes stores!  I'll pass the info on and have them install the ObiON app.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: