News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voice Mail Achieve

Started by Trinity, May 20, 2015, 08:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trinity

How do I delete voice messages that are achieved?

drgeoff

There are no Voicemail messages stored on an OBi.  

The method to delete archived voicemail messages from an ITSP's server tends to depend on the individual ITSP. Which ITSP are you using?

restamp

I have not figured out a way to delete messages left on GV's voice mail.  After you've heard them, they can be "archived", but not deleted.  They may eventually get deleted after some period of time (30 days?).  If you set it up to do so, you can be notified via email when you receive a voice mail on GV, but although you are able to listen to it from the email, the voice message itself is not part of the delivered email, but is fetched from the server.

(If anyone knows how to delete a voice mail immediately from GV, I'd appreciate learning the trick.)

BigJim_McD

The following is the way I delete Voicemail Messages for my Google Voice accounts.

Open your Google Voice - Voice Mail on your browser on a PC.
On my PC, the link is:  https://www.google.com/voice/b/0#voicemail

Locate the Voice Message you want to delete.
Check the small Check Box to the Left of the message.
An option to "Delete" will appear at the top of the page.
Click:  "Delete".

BigJimMcD

Taoman

Quote from: restamp on May 20, 2015, 11:32:49 AM

(If anyone knows how to delete a voice mail immediately from GV, I'd appreciate learning the trick.)

As mentioned, put a check mark next to the message/voicemail and click the Delete button. Yes, it goes to your trash (which is automatically emptied after 30 days) or you can find it in your trash and click on "Delete Forever" in which case it really is gone forever.

restamp

Thanks for the pointers BigJim and Taoman.  I see I was incorrectly referring to the Trash folder as the Archives.  I was able to "Delete Forever" a test message, so thanks for that bit of info.  However, I did note that the 30-day auto-removal doesn't seem to apply to my mailbox -- I found messages in my Trash folder that were four years old!