News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 + FreePBX + Offline Google Voice dial

Started by tohvanah, May 24, 2015, 10:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tohvanah

I've setup the Obi110 as a FXO port via this guide (http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161594). It's working OK as I can dial out and receive calls via the PSTN (land line). It's a Google Voice forwarding number.

I'm replacing a Linksys 3102 that served the same purpose. I need it to take outgoing calls from Asterisk, dial my GV number, wait, press 2, dial the outgoing number, press #. So (assuming my GV number is 5551212) I think a dial plan would look something like: <5551212,,,,2,>1xxxxxxxxx<#>

I've tried this in numerous locations and formats on the Obi. The result is always the same: the outgoing number is dialed without any alteration.

Help!?

azrobert

What does the dial plan rule look like?
Does it look like the following?

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBITRUNK1>(<5551212,,,,2,>1xxxxxxxxx<#>):li}
OR
{>(<5551212,,,,2,>1xxxxxxxxx<#>):li}

I assume you are calling your GV number to make an outbound call via GV.
Why are you doing it this way?
You can just define GV as an outbound trunk on the OBi110 or in FreePBX.

tohvanah

Thanks for the response.

The reason I'm doing offline dialing is because this install is in a remote area, and internet connectivity is slow. During heavy weather events, there is no internet. So the landline provides a solid connection. GV provides cheaper calling, etc.

In any case, I must have had a typo because your suggestion is working. Thanks!