News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CircleNet beta testing a new plan

Started by Sam_from_CircleNet, May 25, 2015, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_from_CircleNet

Hello Obi world,
CirlceNet is starting to beta test a new type of service and I'm interested to see if this is something the Obi community would like.

For $8 monthly you would receive 1500 minutes outbound calling per month to:
USA, Canada, UK , Denmark,Germany, Ireland, Norway, Poland and Romania. Minutes above 1500 would be billed at the current CircleNet rate.
Calls to "premium" numbers like 1-900 numbers or similar services in the UK aren't included.

You would receive an inbound number from US, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Norway, or the UK with 2000 minutes of use per month with additional usage billed at $0.002

Depending on your location you may need to pay state taxes for example in Virginia the will need to pay the State $0.75 911 fee.

Sam

TonyTib

I might be interested; it would depend on what happens to my current ISP (cheap WiMax, which is going away in Nov; there's a good chance I'll go to a Fusion plan from LMI or Sonic which includes "free" US calling*), the connection quality and reliability, if it featured CNAM, and availability (I'm currently in CA).

A lot of people here want to pay no more than $0.00.

*Free actually equals about $12/month, since the calling features make it a phone plan, thus adding about $12/month in taxes...

Sam_from_CircleNet

I'm a little confused here, we wouldn't replace your ISP we would be an ITSP. That said I do understand some of the appeal of a $0.00 bill but my opinion is that you are either the customer or your the product and some people prefer to pay a little and be treated as a customer.

Our plan would include CNAM but we would not be providing service in California specifically because of the tax environment there. If this changes I'll let you know.

Sam

TonyTib

Just some of my thoughts:
1.  Right now the plan won't work for me since I'm in the Granola State (aka California)
2.  If I have to change ISPs, I will change to one that includes "free" US calling on a PSTN line (because I like the Fusion plan's other features), so it's hard to justify paying extra for a VoIP plan
3.  Since I'm already saving so much having dumped AT&T, I'm OK with paying some money, but I have to see the value for me; for example, I'm willing to pay a bit extra for CNAM and quality routes.

In summary, if I move out of CA, I'd consider the plan.