News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SPAM Calls on the ObiTalk Network!

Started by PC-Mac, February 13, 2020, 12:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PC-Mac

I am getting SPAM CALLS from the ObiTalk Network!  >:(  ???  :'(
I have verified this by disconnecting my VOIP provider from my Obi 200, and the calls keep coming in, but all of my voip calls go to my cell phone.
the spam calls are from 1001, 101, and 100.(there may be more, but my caller id only stores about 20 calls.)

Taoman

Quote from: PC-Mac on February 13, 2020, 12:55:53 PM
I am getting SPAM CALLS from the ObiTalk Network! 

Highly unlikely. You're getting hit by SIP scanners.

Who is your SIP provider? Here's a wiki article about it from VoIP.ms:
https://wiki.voip.ms/article/Sip_Scanner_Ghost_Calls

There's a variety of methods to stop it. One of the easiest is to only accept SIP traffic from your service provider. Try enabling/checking the following setting:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

PC-Mac

SIP is Anveo.
I have had to fwd calls to my cell(via Anveo), then unplug the OBi200. It's been ringing every 1-5 min!
If i leave it unplugged for a few days it's "OK" for about a week, then the calls start again.
I only have SP1 configured, SP 2-4, BT1-2, and OBiLine are "Not Configured."

Taoman

Well did you follow my suggestion and enable X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly? And are you sure the change you made (if you did) actually stuck after the reboot?

If so, you need to look at your call history on the OBi device itself and find out exactly what line these scanner calls are coming in on. Do you know how to do that?

You need to login to the ip address of your OBi 200 on your local network in your browser. Default username and password is admin.
After login, click on Status -> Call History.

What line are these calls coming in on?

MRG8

Quote from: Taoman on February 18, 2020, 05:19:18 PM
Well did you follow my suggestion and enable X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly? And are you sure the change you made (if you did) actually stuck after the reboot?

If so, you need to look at your call history on the OBi device itself and find out exactly what line these scanner calls are coming in on. Do you know how to do that?

You need to login to the ip address of your OBi 200 on your local network in your browser. Default username and password is admin.
After login, click on Status -> Call History.

What line are these calls coming in on?

I have the same issue too. They come in as follows:
12:28:08   From PP1(ob37*6555501)   Fork to:PH1 PH2
11:45:47   From PP1(ob37*1900008603) Fork to:PH1 PH2
11:37:16   From PP1(ob37*1900008603) Fork to:PH1 PH2

I did X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

SergeL