News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKYadav

I'm curious about one thing:

According to the information I have found, 5921 is the latest fw for Obi2 devices, as of May 2019.  However, when I dl it using FDM, with server side time & date enabled, the file actually has a dat of 18 Sep 2018.  I realize this is inconsequential, but I'm still curious - does the writing on the forums means that, as of May 2019, nothing newer than the build from 18 Sep 2018 was produced for Obi2s?

At any rate, I had previously updated to 5921, but I was having issues with GV making overseas calls (yes, account is funded) - so now I'm going to try to revert to 5859 and see if it makes a difference.

I'm using this post (and the subsequent posts) as a basis on what I should try next:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9983.msg91700#msg91700

After that, if it still does not work, I'll try to completely reset and start from scratch, as I've never, since I bought the devices in 2014, done that....

flamaest@gmail.com

Quote from: Raf66 on July 31, 2019, 12:15:13 PM
Quote from: SillyConVal on July 30, 2019, 08:41:57 AM
After updating to the "OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw" firmware on my Obi202, I now have the problem that every 2 days on average, when I attempt to place an out-going call, I get the verbal error message: "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider."  Curiously I can still receive inbound calls while this issue is in effect.  The only remedy that I have found for this is to power-cycle the Obi ATA device.  But then the same problem will occur a couple of days later.  I have already tried power-cycling my cable modem, router, and ethernet switch, but to no avail.  Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions as to a remedy?

I am having the same issue, not sure how often it happens because I make a call every once in a while.
As in your case, power cycling the OBi202 is the (temporary) solution.

Same EXACT issue here, on 5921EX, issue has been happening 2-3 times per day since I applied the update on Aug 9th 2019. 

vit5421

Quote from: SillyConVal on July 30, 2019, 08:41:57 AM
After updating to the "OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw" firmware on my Obi202, I now have the problem that every 2 days on average, when I attempt to place an out-going call, I get the verbal error message: "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider."  Curiously I can still receive inbound calls while this issue is in effect.  The only remedy that I have found for this is to power-cycle the Obi ATA device.  But then the same problem will occur a couple of days later.  I have already tried power-cycling my cable modem, router, and ethernet switch, but to no avail.  Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions as to a remedy?

Same problem just started here with GV. Downgrade it to 3.2.2 (Build: 5859EX) and all looks good

flamaest@gmail.com

Can you please provide a link to the 3.2.2 file?

Is this still fixed for you?

vit5421

Quote from: flamaest@gmail.com on March 05, 2020, 01:38:30 PM
Can you please provide a link to the 3.2.2 file?

Is this still fixed for you?

Works great so far.
Attached

flamaest@gmail.com

Any updates.. ? Is this still fixed for you ?

vit5421

Quote from: flamaest@gmail.com on March 19, 2020, 05:22:20 PM
Any updates.. ? Is this still fixed for you ?
Build 5859EX works fine with GV with no single problem

flamaest@gmail.com

thank you for the update. Would you mind please trying to use call-waiting and let us know if you lose the call after the flash-switch to call number 2, or back to call number 1?

vit5421

I am sorry, I have it as backup plan only for international calls but its getting really pointless compare to smartphones.

andyhi

Does anyone have a link for firmware v5898 for the Obi202?  

I'm trying to resolve an issue with an Obi202 /w 5921 where a number of folks seems to think 5921 may be linked to issues with Google Voice connection issues.  

My Obi200 is on v5898 and is not experiencing the same issue best I can tell.

ProfTech

Should be pretty easy to come by, but I thought Polycom / Obi had made the software so that you can't "Back it down". Don't know if that is true as I haven't tried. 5898 had a different bug that affected dns_srv. It was fixed in 5921 but I don't use Google Voice any more.

SteveInWA

Quote from: andyhi on April 16, 2020, 02:35:22 PM

I'm trying to resolve an issue with an Obi202 /w 5921 where a number of folks seems to think 5921 may be linked to issues with Google Voice connection issues.  

"A number of folks" is meaningless speculation, not based on rigorous testing.

Don't downgrade.  It doesn't solve anything.  In fact, some of the recent GV<-->OBi connectivity issues have been exacerbated by downlevel firmware, and Google Voice engineering has a hell of a time diagnosing reported problems when old firmware complicates the picture.

andyhi

Quote from: ProfTech on April 16, 2020, 02:58:53 PM
Should be pretty easy to come by, but I thought Polycom / Obi had made the software so that you can't "Back it down". Don't know if that is true as I haven't tried. 5898 had a different bug that affected dns_srv. It was fixed in 5921 but I don't use Google Voice any more.

Nope... was able to move several versions back but would like to move forward to 5898... the common release just prior to 5921.

Agreed the 5898 build has reported issues with dns_srv under certain conditions, but my obi200 on 5898 works as needed and I have no need for pushing/publishing ports via DNS SRV records.

andyhi

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 16, 2020, 06:54:03 PM
Quote from: andyhi on April 16, 2020, 02:35:22 PM

"A number of folks" is meaningless speculation, not based on rigorous testing.

Don't downgrade.  It doesn't solve anything.  In fact, some of the recent GV<-->OBi connectivity issues have been exacerbated by downlevel firmware, and Google Voice engineering has a hell of a time diagnosing reported problems when old firmware complicates the picture.

1st - You have no way to prove nor disprove that reverting to the prior firmware will resolve the issue I am experiencing.

2nd - If reverting to the prior firmware resolves the issue, then that could very well assist in troubleshooting.  (Check out industry standard ITIL and outage management best practices if you don't understand or agree.)

3rd - I've given Google plenty of opportunity to troubleshoot the issues I'm having on 5921.  They have closed open cases on the issue.   It's time to try something different.  (I've already moved my obi202 back several revisions to 5859.)

4th - If you won't or can't provide a link to the firmware build just prior to 5921 or can't add something constructive, it's best you just stay out of the conversation.  

Soulcommander

Hello, I have the same issue and I can not use call waiting either I lose the call. I get this every so often: The number you dialed XXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider.
My Firmware version is 3.2.2.5921 using google voice and Obi 202

Any help much appreciated!

flamaest@gmail.com

Saw this, I have not tried this yet:

""
I was able to solve this problem by adjusting my flash timing. Up until now I would go to static every time I tried to return from call waiting. I raised my HookFlashTimeMax setting from the default 900 up to 1250. I've tested it 3 times in a row now and it is working. No new power supply. Just tweaked that one setting.

Get on a web browser and head to the IP address of your OBI device. You can find and adjust this setting here: Physical Interfaces::PHONE(#) Port, then scroll down to Timers. HookFlashTimeMax is the first option under Timers.

I hope this helps everyone else. I think the problem is that many phones have Hook-Flash settings that are too close to or exceed the 900 ms allotted by the OBI200 default settings.

This only solves the OPs problem of static when switching back back to original caller after call waiting. This will not solve the issue of calls cutting out into static mid-call that are unrelated to call waiting.

""