News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lrosenman

ObiHai support -- Release Notes??

Boykin

It did not fix the auto attendant (OBiPlus).  When a user presses the number to ring through, I can hear what they say, but the caller cannot hear me.  When I turn off the auto attendant, everything works. 

I am not sure if this is a 202 issue or an OBiPlus issue. 

RFC3261

Quote from: lrosenman on May 26, 2015, 02:11:17 PM

Obligatory slashdot reference:  "You must be new here."

Paul Masson reference:  "No release notes before their time."

Blazing Saddles reference:  "Release notes?  We don't need no stinking release notes!"

SteveInWA

Quote from: RFC3261 on May 26, 2015, 08:27:55 PM
Quote from: lrosenman on May 26, 2015, 02:11:17 PM

Obligatory slashdot reference:  "You must be new here."

Paul Masson reference:  "No release notes before their time."

Blazing Saddles reference:  "Release notes?  We don't need no stinking release notes!"

Paul Masson...lol, I forgot all about that swill.  "Emerald Dry"...must have been made from Thompson Seedless grapes.

https://youtu.be/oSs6DcA6dFI

Of course, Orson Wells left off the next sentence from his quote:  "Yup, it's time!"

restamp

It always bothers me when a new software release is substantially shorter than the previous one.  Does anyone know why 4738 is 2.6MB or 20% shorter than 4581?

RFC3261

Quote from: restamp on May 27, 2015, 12:41:57 PM
It always bothers me when a new software release is substantially shorter than the previous one.  Does anyone know why 4738 is 2.6MB or 20% shorter than 4581?
I share your interest.  Until the release notes are released (and presuming that they provide actual details rather than "various bug fixes") we only have conjecture.  In my experience with such devices, a couple of things commonly made such a difference.  First, removing features (the one you/I might be most concerned with) [Conjecture, perhaps they removed the legacy Google Voice support].  Second, updating to newer versions of their RTOS vendors libraries. Third, better #ifdefs to remove compiling in libraries/features not applicable to the platform.  Fourth, better/different compiler options for optimization (for example, I believe these are ARM devices, and properly utilizing the thumb instructions can save a lot of space).  Fifth, using a better compression algorithm on the binary.  We can only conjecture until the release notes.

zorlac

I dunno, pulled the trigger & blindly updated two 200's via the portal last night and they're still working.  ;D
I mean, newer's better, right?  :D

dobah

I just updated the firmware on my obihai 202 from the obi dashboard and now the triangle is gone (it was there earlier).   When I try to setup google voice, I get stuck in a loop. 

A popup appears says the device needs to be upgraded to continue.  I hit ok and it says update in progress and a few seconds later the webpage says sucessfully upgraded XXXXXXX firmware to 3.0.1.4738.  After that a pop up appears saying this device needs to be upgraded  I hit ok and it shows my firmware is upgraded to 3.0.1.4738.  Immediately after that another popup appears saying I need to upgrade to continue.  I logged into the obi 202 itself and confirmed the firmware is 3.0.1.4738.  I even tried loading the same firmware into it and it says it is already the latest version.  Any suggestions on how to setup google voice or upgrading the firmware?

OzarkEdge

Quote from: dobah on May 29, 2015, 02:17:14 AM
I logged into the obi 202 itself and confirmed the firmware is 3.0.1.4738.  I even tried loading the same firmware into it and it says it is already the latest version.  Any suggestions on how to setup google voice or upgrading the firmware?

Sounds like the OBi has the latest firmware on it.

I would cycle power a few times, reboot a few times, reset to factory defaults, and re-configure from scratch.  If using OBiTALK Provisioning, remove/add device and start over.  Maybe it will start responding normally along the way.

From posts around here, it seems like OBiTALK.com often has trouble talking to OBis (and falls down on weekends).  The usual advice seems to be wipe and start over.

OE

dobah

I did as recommended (delete the device) and now I am able to add google voice to my Obi 202.  Resetting the router and voice settings wasn't enough.  Thanks for the info.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: dobah on May 29, 2015, 07:41:15 AM
I did as recommended (delete the device) and now I am able to add google voice to my Obi 202.  Resetting the router and voice settings wasn't enough.  Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the follow-up info.  From the posts around here, it feels like OBiTALK Provisioning can end in an unhealthy state.  As such, I would not want to leave it enabled... why risk downing an otherwise stable working in-service OBi.

OE

Dixon

I am also getting that loop with an Obi 200. I have 4 service providers setup. I only get the loop when I try to edit SP4 which is a Google voice. I can't do a backup of the config in Obi expert. So if I delete the 200 from Obi Talk, do I have to re-configure all SP's again?

azrobert

You can backup the configuration locally.
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Go to System Management -> Device Update
Under Backup Configuration check Use OBi Version
Click Backup

In OBi Expert do an Import Config to OBi Expert

Backups do not contain passwords, so you will have to re-enter them.
I don't know how this process works with GV.

Dixon

Hey thanks azrobert!
I didn't delete the device from Obi Talk since you didn't mention it. Was I supposed to?
I followed the steps and I was able to go in to SP4 which is the only GV account. I didn't need to re-input any PW's since nothing was deleted I guess.
When I logged back in Obi Talk, I saw a FW update available. So I updated.
Successfully upgraded firmware to 3.0.1.4738
Looping again when trying to config SP4. I guess I'll ignore the FW update.

Dixon

Now I can't get into SP4 conf anymore. Even when I follow the above steps again.

azrobert

You were asking how to restore the configuration after deleting your OBi from OBitalk, so I assumed you were going to delete it. After you delete your OBi from OBiTalk, I think you should also do a factory reset. Now you will have to re-enter the passwords. After doing the above I don't know of the situation will be better or worst.

Maybe you should try a firmware downgrade first.
Download here:
http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-0-1-4581.fw

Load the firmware locally.
Go to System Management -> Device Update
Under Firmware Update click Browse and find the downloaded firmware.
Click Update

Dixon

thx again!
I downgraded the FW and it works as it should. I won't be doing any FW updates anytime soon.

Danny

Same issue here with Obi 202. Once upgsaded to the latest firmware, unable to enter SP4, that is my Google Voice account. Keep getting a pop-up message asking me to upgrade the unit. Very annoying.
Obi needs to do a better job testing FW before production release.

LeoKing

I had the same SP4 issue with the latest firmware update 4378. Obi needs to fix it asap.