Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhatter

Quote from: zorlac on February 28, 2017, 03:55:55 PM
Went from
SoftwareVersion   3.1.1 (Build: 5463EX)

to
SoftwareVersion   3.1.1 (Build: 5562)

on my OBI200 but apparently the EX build doesn't trigger the yellow exclamation point upgrade notice on the obi portal on either an in or out of warranty unit.  ???

I applied 5562 to both of my 200's with no problems following

FormerYooper

Can also confirm that the yellow triangle does not appear to update FW on OBi200.   :o  Currently on 3.1.1 (Build 5463EX).

Tried multiple times to download 5562 FW using Firefox ... no go.  Was able to get it with IE.  Just to be sure I got the entire file before applying ... can anyone confirm the file size is 11.1MB (11.647.648 bytes)?  Appreciate all the wonderful assistance on this forum. 

BigJim_McD

Quote from: FormerYooper on March 01, 2017, 06:53:52 AM
... can anyone confirm the file size is 11.1MB (11.647.648 bytes)?  Appreciate all the wonderful assistance on this forum. 

OBi202-3-1-1-5562.fw  -  Properties
           Size:  11.1 MB (11,647,648 bytes)
Size on disk:  11.1 MB (11,649,024 bytes)
BigJimMcD

drgeoff

Quote from: BigJim_McD on March 01, 2017, 08:58:12 AM
Quote from: FormerYooper on March 01, 2017, 06:53:52 AM
... can anyone confirm the file size is 11.1MB (11.647.648 bytes)?  Appreciate all the wonderful assistance on this forum. 

OBi202-3-1-1-5562.fw  -  Properties
           Size:  11.1 MB (11,647,648 bytes)
Size on disk:  11.1 MB (11,649,024 bytes)

You only need to worry about the size being 11,647,648.  The 'size on disk' depends on factors, local to the specific computer, such as OS and hard disk capacity.

Mango

Posted on Feb 21: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5577.fw

Like 5562, it has a size of exactly 11,647,648 bytes.  5577 and 5562 have different checksums however.

FormerYooper

Quote from: BigJim_McD on March 01, 2017, 08:58:12 AM
Quote from: FormerYooper on March 01, 2017, 06:53:52 AM
... can anyone confirm the file size is 11.1MB (11.647.648 bytes)?  Appreciate all the wonderful assistance on this forum. 

OBi202-3-1-1-5562.fw  -  Properties
           Size:  11.1 MB (11,647,648 bytes)
Size on disk:  11.1 MB (11,649,024 bytes)


Thanks ever so much! 


ProfTech


wrlee

Quote from: FormerYooper on March 01, 2017, 06:53:52 AM
Can also confirm that the yellow triangle does not appear to update FW on OBi200.   :o  Currently on 3.1.1 (Build 5463EX).

Tried multiple times to download 5562 FW using Firefox ... no go.  Was able to get it with IE.  Just to be sure I got the entire file before applying ... can anyone confirm the file size is 11.1MB (11.647.648 bytes)?  Appreciate all the wonderful assistance on this forum. 

FWIW, For my 200, I clicked the triangle then downloaded the firmware (instead of installing it). Looking at the contents, it describes itself as 3.1.1 Build 5463EX. So I can understand why it doesn't do anything, in your case.

Almighty1

#109
On my Obi202, I upgraded from 5562 to 5589.  It rebooted and it showed 5589 but somehow when I checked it a bit later, it seems to be 5562 again.  So I repeat the process and it always upgrades to 5589 after rebooting but then later, same thing happens and it goes back to 5562.  The file OBi202-3-1-1-5589.fw I have is:
Size: 11,647,648 bytes

SteveInWA

Quote from: Almighty1 on March 28, 2017, 07:50:22 PM
On my Obi202, I upgraded from 5562 to 5589.  It rebooted and it showed 5589 but somehow when I checked it a bit later, it seems to be 5562 again.  So I repeat the process and it always upgrades to 5589 after rebooting but then later, same thing happens and it goes back to 5562.  The file OBi202-3-1-1-5589.fw I have is:
Size: 11,647,648 bytes


Log into your OBiTALK web portal account.  Click on your OBi 202.  Get into "Expert configuration" mode.  Go to System Management-->Auto Provisioning.  Edit it to look like the screenshot below.  Note:  you must remove both check marks to the left before you can change anything.  Click the Submit button after editing.

Almighty1

Thanks Steve.  I figured out what happened since before, I had put it on System Start with the Firmware URL pointing to 5562 as I couldn't get the web interface working but now it works so I was upgrading from a file. 


VailAZ

#113
So, is 3.1.1.-5589 the latest update for the Obi200?  I just purchased mine, it's working fine, but I want to make sure I've got the latest firmware installed.  ***6 always says no update available.  It came with 3.1.1-5463.

Finding firmware revision level information on the website seems unusually daunting...

Thanks.

azrobert

Quote from: VailAZ on May 12, 2017, 12:56:27 PM
***6 always says no update available.

Download the FW with the below link. Then install using the local interface.
Enter IP address of OBi200.
Default UserID and PW are both "admin".
Go to System Management -> Device Update -> Firmware Update

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5589.fw

WelshPaul

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Raf66

Quote from: WelshPaul on May 13, 2017, 01:52:07 PM
Actually, 5657 was released on the 9th of May.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5657.fw

Since Obihai doesn't update the firmware section of the forum (the latest firmware available at http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw is still 3.1.1-5463EX), is there any other place, other than this thread, where to check the release of a new firmware?

Thanks.

WelshPaul

Quote from: Raf66 on May 15, 2017, 05:41:19 PM
Since Obihai doesn't update the firmware section of the forum (the latest firmware available at http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw is still 3.1.1-5463EX), is there any other place, other than this thread, where to check the release of a new firmware?

Thanks.

Officially? Simply put, No. OBIHAI appear to have little to no interest in the BYOD market unfortunately.

I do however post the latest (when I find them) changelogs here.

I also make the latest firmware available for download here.

There is also this guide: Set-Up Automatic Firmware Updates (OBi2xx Series ATA's)

Take note: I will not be held responsible for any damage caused because of failed firmware updates and I only recommend updating your firmware if you have an issue with your current firmware revision.

If you do have an issue and you're under warranty, open a support ticket with Obihai here: http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketFormA
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

Andy_Shiekh

#118
If one knows the firmware one wants, one can get it directly

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5679EX.fw

the trick now is if someone could keep us informed of what is the latest

Almighty1

What does the EX actually mean in the firmware version?