December 15, 2017, 09:58:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firmware update for 20x series  (Read 189241 times)
oldunixguy

« Reply #180 on: November 05, 2017, 09:06:02 pm »

I already read it as it was referenced in the link I left... google produced that link and not the direct one from the obi forum.

Even so, it did not answer my questions.

Still looking for answers. And as for the Obi110, well if a digital cert expires that is in the code then it should be updated. Most companies consider security-related issues something that has to be fixed. Otherwise all of our Obi110 were just trashed by Obi from their failure. I don't have their code but I would have to believe they can see the digital cert and its properties and should have already known about this and preemptively corrected it.

My questions still stand.

regards
oldunixguy
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #181 on: November 05, 2017, 09:13:40 pm »

I already read it as it was referenced in the link I left... google produced that link and not the direct one from the obi forum.

Whut?  No.  This link:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13113.msg84139#msg84139 is to a post that I wrote.  I do not work for Google, nor Obihai.  I do, however, have direct contacts at both companies, and my post is accurate.

I will not get into a debate about whether or not Obihai should, or should not, update the firmware for the 100 series.  You have two viable options other than a firmware update.

GPz1100

« Reply #182 on: November 05, 2017, 09:31:01 pm »

Still looking for answers. And as for the Obi110, well if a digital cert expires that is in the code then it should be updated. Most companies consider security-related issues something that has to be fixed. Otherwise all of our Obi110 were just trashed by Obi from their failure. I don't have their code but I would have to believe they can see the digital cert and its properties and should have already known about this and preemptively corrected it.

I'm not related to obihai in any way other than as an end user like yourself.  As far as the obi110 goes, it's my understanding these certificates are hardcoded into the firmware [for all obi products] by design. I too would expect any updated certs to automatically be refreshed as they update/expire without requiring firmware updates.  I believe this was the case with my pbx which also has google voice connectivity.  There were no outages, no drama, it never skipped a beat. A firmware update would make sense in the case where google makes xmpp protocol changes or other significant modifications to how the system works.

We may not agree with obi's business philosophy but there's no competition to their product directly so we're forced to accept what's given.  Your 110 is not dead, other options have already been mentioned many times in other threads.

Good luck!

AClaborn

« Reply #183 on: November 08, 2017, 12:24:28 pm »

If you don't use a fax machine or Dialogic board, you can ignore it.

Not so sure about that.  Something in the update referenced in the above specific post or in subsequent updates can affect incoming calls with third-party services (PhonePower in our case, CallCentric for others) if one also uses an answering machine.

Update 5757EX was force pushed down to our Obi202 sometime Tuesday.

The update triggered other users in the same situation - third-party services + answering machine.

Read more about it here -

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13126.0

Thankfully, chilirock helped diagnosed a solution to this issue a while back.

Update: After further testing, I realized that the issue with CallCentric not registering was due to me changing the X_ServProvProfile from B to A on Voice Services>SP2 Service. I made the change accidentally when I was changing X_RingProfile and X_CodecProfile from B to A. After changing X_ServProvProfile (on SP2) back to B (from A), the service showed "Registered" as expected.

Many thanks to you for diagnosing the above referenced "third-party services + answering machine = incoming calls identify as fax?" issue or to users like drgeoff for pointing to the solution.

Making the changes suggested corrected the issue for us.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:26:32 pm by AClaborn » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: