News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldunixguy

I already read it as it was referenced in the link I left... google produced that link and not the direct one from the obi forum.

Even so, it did not answer my questions.

Still looking for answers. And as for the Obi110, well if a digital cert expires that is in the code then it should be updated. Most companies consider security-related issues something that has to be fixed. Otherwise all of our Obi110 were just trashed by Obi from their failure. I don't have their code but I would have to believe they can see the digital cert and its properties and should have already known about this and preemptively corrected it.

My questions still stand.

regards
oldunixguy

SteveInWA

Quote from: oldunixguy on November 05, 2017, 09:06:02 PM
I already read it as it was referenced in the link I left... google produced that link and not the direct one from the obi forum.

Whut?  No.  This link:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13113.msg84139#msg84139 is to a post that I wrote.  I do not work for Google, nor Obihai.  I do, however, have direct contacts at both companies, and my post is accurate.

I will not get into a debate about whether or not Obihai should, or should not, update the firmware for the 100 series.  You have two viable options other than a firmware update.

GPz1100

Quote from: oldunixguy on November 05, 2017, 09:06:02 PM

Still looking for answers. And as for the Obi110, well if a digital cert expires that is in the code then it should be updated. Most companies consider security-related issues something that has to be fixed. Otherwise all of our Obi110 were just trashed by Obi from their failure. I don't have their code but I would have to believe they can see the digital cert and its properties and should have already known about this and preemptively corrected it.

I'm not related to obihai in any way other than as an end user like yourself.  As far as the obi110 goes, it's my understanding these certificates are hardcoded into the firmware [for all obi products] by design. I too would expect any updated certs to automatically be refreshed as they update/expire without requiring firmware updates.  I believe this was the case with my pbx which also has google voice connectivity.  There were no outages, no drama, it never skipped a beat. A firmware update would make sense in the case where google makes xmpp protocol changes or other significant modifications to how the system works.

We may not agree with obi's business philosophy but there's no competition to their product directly so we're forced to accept what's given.  Your 110 is not dead, other options have already been mentioned many times in other threads.

Good luck!

AClaborn

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 16, 2017, 12:09:29 AM
If you don't use a fax machine or Dialogic board, you can ignore it.

Not so sure about that.  Something in the update referenced in the above specific post or in subsequent updates can affect incoming calls with third-party services (PhonePower in our case, CallCentric for others) if one also uses an answering machine.

Update 5757EX was force pushed down to our Obi202 sometime Tuesday.

The update triggered other users in the same situation - third-party services + answering machine.

Read more about it here -

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13126.0

Thankfully, chilirock helped diagnosed a solution to this issue a while back.

Quote from: chilirock on November 02, 2017, 08:26:27 PM
Update: After further testing, I realized that the issue with CallCentric not registering was due to me changing the X_ServProvProfile from B to A on Voice Services>SP2 Service. I made the change accidentally when I was changing X_RingProfile and X_CodecProfile from B to A. After changing X_ServProvProfile (on SP2) back to B (from A), the service showed "Registered" as expected.

Many thanks to you for diagnosing the above referenced "third-party services + answering machine = incoming calls identify as fax?" issue or to users like drgeoff for pointing to the solution.

Making the changes suggested corrected the issue for us.

Webslinger

Not sure why this thread stopped being updated nor why a new one was created

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5804.fw

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5794EX.fw

Almighty1

Wonder when they will bring the EX version to 5804.

WelshPaul

Quote from: Almighty1 on March 27, 2018, 04:42:53 PM
Wonder when they will bring the EX version to 5804.

Firmware updates have been lacking as of late. Now that OBIHAI no longer offers any devices for sale here in the UK I will probably stop tracking both the latest firmware and release notes and no longer post about either.

Also, with Plantronics buying Polycom/Obihai I wonder if there will be an OBIHAI at all before long?
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

drgeoff

Is there an official statement that Obihai has ceased offering products in the UK?

I've never paid any attention to Plantronics and would have thought that Polycom is a bigger outfit.

Webslinger

Quote from: Webslinger on March 27, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

Does anyone know why this version number, specifically the second number, is lower?

311 vs 321

Anyone with that firmware version who dials ***6 will be told a software update is available.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Webslinger on April 28, 2018, 06:01:41 AM
Quote from: Webslinger on March 27, 2018, 08:26:37 AM

Does anyone know why this version number, specifically the second number, is lower?

311 vs 321

Anyone with that firmware version who dials ***6 will be told a software update is available.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13824.0

This is the new Google Voice firmware.

Webslinger

To clarify, those that don't have an Obihai 2XX series ATA under warranty or those who have not paid $10 for extended support and are using 3.1.1 (Build: 5804) firmware, which is newer than 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX), upon dialing ***6,1 are being pushed 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX). 3.1.1 is a smaller value than 3.2.1, despite 3.1.1 (Build: 5804) being newer than 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX). I believe the update notification is simply based on 3.1.1 (Build: 5804) having a lower value than 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX).

Also, we all know http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5794EX.fw is available and is newer than 3.2.1 (Build: 5757EX) for those that use OBiExtras. Those that haven't paid $10 or have a device that's out of warranty probably are not being offered http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5794EX.fw. That's expected.

So, to rephrase my previous question, why wasn't 3.1.1 (Build: 5804) named 3.2.1 (Build: 5804) instead?

I don't believe newer firmware supporting a non-XMPP version of Google Voice is being offered via Obitalk.com yet.

SteveInWA

Why try to decipher some sort of logic behind their version numbers?  Who knows.

All I can tell you is that the version that supports the new Google Voice service, as of right this minute is:

3.2.2 (Build: 5829EX)

I didn't write down what the beta version was, but I believe it started with 3.2.1.

As of today, I do not know what else, other than the firmware update, may be required, so my disclaimer is:  I would not suggest trying to find that version on their firmware server and install it manually, because I don't know what would happen.  I'd wait until it is pushed to you,  or until Polycom provides some direction.  And, I do not believe that in-warranty vs. out-of-warranty status will matter.  Given that Google Voice will not work without the new firmware, I believe they will make it available to everyone.

Webslinger

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 29, 2018, 07:07:03 PM

All I can tell you is that the version that supports the new Google Voice service, as of right this minute is:

3.2.2 (Build: 5829EX)

Thank you.

QuoteAnd, I do not believe that in-warranty vs. out-of-warranty status will matter.  Given that Google Voice will not work without the new firmware, I believe they will make it available to everyone.

That's what I think as well.

Do you have any idea whether users will need to re-provision their existing Google Voice accounts at Obitalk.com?

SteveInWA

That is a good question.  My hunch is that, if a device is currently registered on the OBiTALK portal, and you have not disabled OBiTALK provisioning, they may be able to do it for you automatically.  I would not expect devices that have been removed from the portal to work.

I believe my 200 and 202 simply worked after they pushed the firmware to them.  I expect that Polycom will be making some sort of announcement very soon, with more details.

These are just my educated guesses, based on what I know from beta testing, and what I know about how Google Voice works.

dircom

I have a 202 and two 200's that have 5794EX.
I connected one OBi 200 last week, and it has:
HardwareVersion   1.4
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5829EX)
Can't be heard when called.

I changed the DNS from default (whatever that was) to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I hope that helps

Webslinger

Quote from: dircom on May 01, 2018, 07:54:24 AM
I connected one OBi 200 last week, and it has 5894EX

Is that a typo?

3.2.1 (Build: 5894EX) exists? Or do you mean 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX)?

Or is that 3.2.2 (Build: 5894EX)?

Webslinger

Quote from: dircom on May 01, 2018, 07:54:24 AM
I connected one OBi 200 last week, and it has 5894EX

Quote from: dircom on May 01, 2018, 11:48:33 AM

NO TYPO

Okay, so what's the full firmware version, please? 3.2.2 (Build:5894EX)? Thanks in advance

Anyway, I'm not reacting or changing anything until Obihai either issues a press release or until SteveinWA or someone else posts a walkthrough.

SteveInWA

As per my post, 3.2.2 (Build: 5829EX) is the new Google Voice VoIP firmware.

Try this:

On OBiTALK, click on the OBi with the problem, and delete the SPx that has the Google account linked that doesn't work properly.

Press Ctrl-T to open another browser tab.  On that tab, sign into the correct Google / Gmail account that holds the Google Voice phone number that you want to use on that OBi, that is not working correctly, and go here:

https://myaccount.google.com/

Click the section that says "Apps with account access", then click "MANAGE APPS".  On the next page, find and delete the entry for OBiTALK Google Voice, and also delete any entries for third party services like Simonics GVGW.

Go back to the OBiTALK tab, and click the SPx again, and go through the Google Voice setup again.

Does that fix it?

SteveInWA

Oh, and dircom, did you just buy the 200 that has this firmware, or was it pushed to you, or did you get it via a **6 update?  I'm just trying to understand how that build got onto your OBi.

dircom

I won the OBi 200 March 2015 in a contest.  It's been sitting in inventory until I configured it and gave it to a friend last week.  Only GV on SP1, no simonics.  I can call him from my Vestalink and GV numbers fine.  He says his kids school and his wife called home and he could not hear the caller.

I just changed the DNS today, and don't want to delete his config and redo until I let him know tomorrow.
The other 4 obi's in my dashboard have 3.2.1 (Build: 5794EX), except of course the 100 in Belize that is configured thru Simonics now.  (Off topic but will Simonics quit working at some point?)

I did ask him to dial ***6 but it said no update available - that was this morning

BTW, the warranty status says: Start Date Apr 2018, End Date Apr 2019.  which is remarkable.

I just noticed the new OBi has Forward calls to OBiTalk Device (sip), instead of Google Chat