News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_M

Last night my OBi202 upgraded to 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX) and I could no longer make or receive phone calls with PhonePower. Google Voice still worked though. The device was able to register with the service provider, but I was receiving a recorded announcement that the device was not configured. On occasion it would register, but I'd get a 400 response from the server. I was not able to troubleshoot the SIP messages to determine what was happening specifically.

I was able to fix the issue by reverting to a previous build of 3.2.2 and turning off OBiTALK and automatic updating. The device is self-managed but working just fine. My advice to many of you that are yearning for 5897EX is to wait a few more days until the bugs are worked out. My advice to Polycom is to allow customers to roll-back their firmware to older versions in case you have bugs or turn your entire system test over to my company. I will automate the process and cover more test cases.

phone_adventure

Just wanted to add that I am having issues with the latest firmware update combined with Phonepower as well.  Can't hear the person on the other end, this possibly might only be if they are a "landline" (I haven't been able to test enough to confirm this, just know it hasn't worked when needed for anyone I have tried to speak with and they are all landlines.  A test to myself seemed to work OK).

Great automatic update on the last day of work before a holiday (US 4th of July) and planned extra time off on my end...(NOT).

Chriv

My Obi200 firmware was upgraded automatically to 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX), and Google Voice does not ring nor call. I

The new option of "OBiTALK Device" on my Google Voice Legacy Settings page is not there.

No hard/soft reset can resolve this problem.

I think it has something to do with the firmware, because it is not adding the "OBiTALK Device" option instead of the prior "Google Chat" which linked the device and the service.

The device was working properly until the recent firmware upgrade, but reading some of the threads, I deleted the "Google Chat" option, and now - nada.

Anyone else had this experience, and resolution?

GPz1100

Quote from: Chriv on July 04, 2018, 05:54:36 AM
My Obi200 firmware was upgraded automatically to 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX), and Google Voice does not ring nor call. I

The new option of "OBiTALK Device" on my Google Voice Legacy Settings page is not there.

No hard/soft reset can resolve this problem.

I think it has something to do with the firmware, because it is not adding the "OBiTALK Device" option instead of the prior "Google Chat" which linked the device and the service.

The device was working properly until the recent firmware upgrade, but reading some of the threads, I deleted the "Google Chat" option, and now - nada.

Anyone else had this experience, and resolution?

Since you're stuck provisioning with obi portal, have you tried deleting the device from the portal, perform factory reset and re-adding it? 

You could also try downgrading the firmware. Previous firmware can be downloaded at this link - http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw .

I'm using the modded firmware where all provisioning is done manually.  On a test account I too deleted the google chat option and there was no way of getting it back (such as logging out/in from hangouts, gmail, etc).  I didn't want to migrate this account to gvsip but had little choice.  After manually provisioning it in an obi, I got the "obitalk device" entry in my forwarding numbers screen on the gv legacy site.

Unfortunately I don't have another obi box to test with.  If I did, I'd put the older 5757 firmware on and try connecting to the gv account with the deleted google chat to see if it would reinstate it.

Good luck.

lrosenman

Quote from: GPz1100 on July 04, 2018, 07:47:09 AM
I'm using the modded firmware where all provisioning is done manually.  On a test account I too deleted the google chat option and there was no way of getting it back (such as logging out/in from hangouts, gmail, etc).  I didn't want to migrate this account to gvsip but had little choice.  After manually provisioning it in an obi, I got the "obitalk device" entry in my forwarding numbers screen on the gv legacy site.

Unfortunately I don't have another obi box to test with.  If I did, I'd put the older 5757 firmware on and try connecting to the gv account with the deleted google chat to see if it would reinstate it.

Good luck.

I did try with the 5859 firmware with a deleted chat account (Former Simonics user), and it did NOT work. see my posts in the above-quoted thread by me.

Chriv

I have tried multiple resets and deletions from my Obitalk account page, but nothing works.

I am hesitant to try a modified firmware on top of the official firmware, because I do not know the extent of what was modified.

GPz1100

Link I posted is the official firmware.  Look where it's coming from.

charettepa

no need to delete any accounts
it will not re-update if you disable the below 4 sections in
system management then auto provisioning
then upgrade
i did and it has stayed on older firmware all day
even after reboot

System Management >> Auto Provisioning:

Auto Firmware Update >> Method: Disabled
LUA Script Update >> Method: Disabled
ITSP Provisioning >> Method: Disabled
OBiTalk Provisioning >> Method: Disabled

save
reboot
downgrade firmware to 5859EX
it will stay

when fixed firmware is out maybe then put auto back on

Chriv

I turned off all provisioning, updated the firmware to OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw removed all references to Obi under my Google security account apps section, and reset the device, but how do I manually configure Google Voice on the Obi200 device directly (locally), or do I have to do it through the Obi web account page?

GPz1100

^^You still have to use the obitalk portal to provision the gv account(s).

It's too late now, the only way to avoid that would of been to flash the modified firmware before connecting the obi to the internet in the first place.  It's a more complicated set up process as you have to generate your own oauth2 credentials, but the process does work well.

http://www.obifirmware.com/

Chriv

I got it working.

I disabled the firmware provisioning on the Obi200 box. Then, I did the provisioning from the Obitalk Account web page.

Once it provisioned, I saw that the Obitalk device was checked on the Google Voice legacy page.

Then, it automatically updated the firmware to 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX).

I have since disabled all provisioning on the local Obi200 box.

Google Voice is working.

Many thanks to GPz1100.

lrosenman

Quote from: Chriv on July 04, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
I got it working.

I disabled the firmware provisioning on the Obi200 box. Then, I did the provisioning from the Obitalk Account web page.

Once it provisioned, I saw that the Obitalk device was checked on the Google Voice legacy page.

Google Voice is working.

Many thanks to GPz1100.

Is it working in BOTH directions on the Obi.

Chriv

Yes.
I can receive and make calls via Google Voice.

lrosenman

Cool, so my wife's account is a one-off, and I need google's intervention.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Chriv

chilirock

I wanted to add my experience. I have two Obi200 devices that updated to 5897EX a couple of days ago. Both are working fine. One uses Google Voice for outbound calls and CallCentric (Free NY DID) for inbound calls. The other uses CallCentric paid service for inbound and outbound calls.

Did any else with an Obi200 notice that on the new Polycom branded local webpage the External USB Storage>File Sharing Settings and ...>File Explorer sections are no longer visible? I no longer see the "External USB Storage" section in the navigation.

I always used to set file sharing to disabled. The Device Admin guide indicates that this section applies only to Obi202, so maybe the latest firmware cleans up the navigation if it doesn't apply to Obi200's. Any thoughts?

lrosenman

Quote from: chilirock on July 05, 2018, 10:29:58 AM
I wanted to add my experience. I have two Obi200 devices that updated to 5897EX a couple of days ago. Both are working fine. One uses Google Voice for outbound calls and CallCentric (Free NY DID) for inbound calls. The other uses CallCentric paid service for inbound and outbound calls.

Did any else with an Obi200 notice that on the new Polycom branded local webpage the External USB Storage>File Sharing Settings and ...>File Explorer sections are no longer visible? I no longer see the "External USB Storage" section in the navigation.

I always used to set file sharing to disabled. The Device Admin guide indicates that this section applies only to Obi202, so maybe the latest firmware cleans up the navigation if it doesn't apply to Obi200's. Any thoughts?

I have a real Obi202, and the file explorer is gone for me as well.  With Cheap NAS etc, it makes sense to discontinue the ability to do file sharing off the Obi.

FormerYooper

OBi200 with FW 3.2.2 (Build 5897EX).  Device updated to this FW a couple of days ago & had no problems .... or so I thought.  This morning, tried dialing a landline number & nothing.  Tried dialing another landline number & call went through OK.  Tried the first landline number again where I received nothing & waited around 20 seconds, then got terrible static on line, but still no connection to dialed number.  Otherwise, I have had no issues either with making or receiving calls.  Just wanted to add my 2 cents & report this minor issue. 

dvpatel

Quote from: Chriv on July 04, 2018, 02:55:04 PM
I got it working.

Google Voice is working.

Many thanks to GPz1100.

Thank you. That worked for me too. Now I am trying to downgrade once again and repeat for 2 more GV numbers.