News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMPR

Quote from: drgeoff on October 25, 2018, 04:56:42 AM
Quote from: JMPR on October 25, 2018, 02:53:27 AM
Quote from: scott818 on October 19, 2018, 04:51:34 AM
Direct download URL for firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX):

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Any update for Obi300? And its release note? Thanks
OBi300/302 uses the same firmware as Obi200/202.

However, the recent firmwares have been to accommodate the changes to GV but seem to have introduced some new bugs.  As the Obi300 did not support GV, one assumes you do not require the GV updates and if your OBi300 is working OK with its current firmware I suggest you don't update.

My obi300 runs ok, but it's not perfect. I see some bugs, lack of profiles for Europe... I thought an update would solve it.

I use it with obiwifi, and I would like more wifi settings too (there are only ssid and pass)

drgeoff

Quote from: JMPR on October 25, 2018, 05:11:53 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on October 25, 2018, 04:56:42 AM
Quote from: JMPR on October 25, 2018, 02:53:27 AM
Quote from: scott818 on October 19, 2018, 04:51:34 AM
Direct download URL for firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX):

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw

Any update for Obi300? And its release note? Thanks
OBi300/302 uses the same firmware as Obi200/202.

However, the recent firmwares have been to accommodate the changes to GV but seem to have introduced some new bugs.  As the Obi300 did not support GV, one assumes you do not require the GV updates and if your OBi300 is working OK with its current firmware I suggest you don't update.

My obi300 runs ok, but it's not perfect. I see some bugs, lack of profiles for Europe... I thought an update would solve it.

I use it with obiwifi, and I would like more wifi settings too (there are only ssid and pass)

An update will not provide more profiles.  You are already able to change all settings that are user configurable.

What more Wi-Fi settings do you expect or need?

RFC3261

Quote from: Taoman on October 19, 2018, 09:42:31 AM
I am curious how you are obtaining these filenames for downloading.
I seem to recall that the reseller hardware partners get additional information (I even think I had a link once), as they may need to offer the firmware to their clients (there are even release notes).  In theory that is probably supposed to be restricted to the partner, but such things always leak out.

madhatter

Quote from: LTN1 on July 11, 2018, 02:43:33 PM
I've been following the latest firmware issues but am wondering if it only affects a small percentage of OBi users?

I am currently on 3.2.2 (Build: 5897EX) and have had no calling issues at all. I have been waiting for the system to upgrade to Build 5898 but nothing yet.

Not sure if these issues have been resolved, however, although I'm not having any calling problems with 5898 (yet) I am have a problem re-surface in that I can't upload contacts from Google to ObiExtras

UPDATE 1/23/2019 - The ObiExtras problem got solved by OBI, but now I am having intermittent errors that require a reboot after getting he error: "The number you dialed, has not received a response from the service provider"

Pilotzenith

New here, just wanted to say THANKS for the help getting my OBi going again.  Did not get any response from OBi when requested. My 200 worked fine A year ago, not good this year. Would not call out or receive calls. Found info here on forum and loaded 5859EX  all working now.

cheerful

Hi,

I have 5898EX.  Auto-update appears to be disabled (Method = disabled).

It quite often will not allow me to dial out, saying there is no response from the number I dialed.  Reboot generally fixes it.

Should I update firmware?  If so, which version is most stable?

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: cheerful on December 16, 2018, 05:06:11 AM
Hi,

I have 5898EX.  Auto-update appears to be disabled (Method = disabled).

It quite often will not allow me to dial out, saying there is no response from the number I dialed.  Reboot generally fixes it.

Should I update firmware?  If so, which version is most stable?

Thanks
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=15483.msg96691#msg96691

cheerful

Does anyone have release notes for 5921EX?

Any comment on it stability on 200?

Thanks

ProfTech

to cheerful; I don't have any feature notes but I can tell you the web gui changed completely and a lot of new config settings were added. The device isn't at my location but my son-in-law uses it for hours every day and AFAIK it has worked fine.

chilirock

Is there some reason ObiTalk is not pushing out the v5921EX firmware version automatically? I have Auto Firmware Update turned on and I've been on v5898EX for more than 4 months.

Have others received the update automatically, or did you only receive it after a factory reset or manual load?

SteveInWA

Quote from: chilirock on January 02, 2019, 02:29:01 PM
Is there some reason ObiTalk is not pushing out the v5921EX firmware version automatically? I have Auto Firmware Update turned on and I've been on v5898EX for more than 4 months.

Have others received the update automatically, or did you only receive it after a factory reset or manual load?

My hunch (since we never see release notes), is that 5921 contains some minor "edge case" fixes, and wasn't worth pushing out to every device already on 5898.  If you want to experiment, I am pretty sure that deleting the device off of the portal, restoring the device to defaults, then addding it back again will kick off the update.
Otherwise, you could download it manually.  IMO, though, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

ProfTech

Quote from: chilirock on January 02, 2019, 02:29:01 PM
Is there some reason ObiTalk is not pushing out the v5921EX firmware version automatically?
5898 was supposed to be the last "end-all" fix for Google Voice and they needed to be sure everyone got it or Google Voice wasn't going to work. Unless your device is new and still under warranty I don't think there will be any more automatic "free" upgrades. Ours developed an issue with 5898 where dns_srv wasn't working. I sent a message to Polycom and they emailed back and said "send us the 10 bucks and we'll look into it." Couldn't tell if something went awry when they did the push of 5898 or it was an issue with the firmware but after a factory reset and adding it back to the portal [which received 5921] it now works.

stevies3

How do I do a manual firmware install?  In the past their was a section in "system management" --> "device update"   but device update is no longer available. 

SteveInWA

Quote from: stevies3 on January 18, 2019, 06:39:20 PM
How do I do a manual firmware install?  In the past their was a section in "system management" --> "device update"   but device update is no longer available.  

Hunh?  It's right there, in the menu.

See below.

SteveInWA

...and, for that matter, why do you think you need to manually update the device?

IF you are using Google Voice on the device, THEN it already has the latest firmware installed automatically, either 5898 or 5921.

david2

Quote from: ProfTech on January 03, 2019, 02:11:52 PM
5898 was supposed to be the last "end-all" fix for Google Voice and they needed to be sure everyone got it or Google Voice wasn't going to work. Unless your device is new and still under warranty I don't think there will be any more automatic "free" upgrades.

So if I read that correctly, you're saying that there aren't going to be any future firmware updates for the 20x series of devices?

ProfTech

That isn't what I said. What I said was I don't think you may get any more "automatic & free" updates if your device is out of warranty unless you are using google voice, which I am not. I have no idea what they might do for Google Voice users.

SillyConVal

After updating to the "OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw" firmware on my Obi202, I now have the problem that every 2 days on average, when I attempt to place an out-going call, I get the verbal error message: "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider."  Curiously I can still receive inbound calls while this issue is in effect.  The only remedy that I have found for this is to power-cycle the Obi ATA device.  But then the same problem will occur a couple of days later.  I have already tried power-cycling my cable modem, router, and ethernet switch, but to no avail.  Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions as to a remedy?

Raf66

Quote from: SillyConVal on July 30, 2019, 08:41:57 AM
After updating to the "OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw" firmware on my Obi202, I now have the problem that every 2 days on average, when I attempt to place an out-going call, I get the verbal error message: "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider."  Curiously I can still receive inbound calls while this issue is in effect.  The only remedy that I have found for this is to power-cycle the Obi ATA device.  But then the same problem will occur a couple of days later.  I have already tried power-cycling my cable modem, router, and ethernet switch, but to no avail.  Is anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions as to a remedy?

I am having the same issue, not sure how often it happens because I make a call every once in a while.
As in your case, power cycling the OBi202 is the (temporary) solution.

namangarg

hello guys,

thanks for this information ,I downgraded the FW and it works as it should.

i can do it easily by you guidence.

thanks and regards