News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Receiving Google voice calls on my OBi box

Started by yfmh, May 27, 2015, 07:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfmh

I got an OBi 200.  I connected it to my Google Voice account.  I can make outgoing calls with no issue.

My question is can I receive calls received from my Google Voice directly without forwarding  my Google Voice number to another SIP provider that is registered to my OBi box?  When I tried to un-forward my Google voice number to the number provided by my SIP provider the call went directly to my Google voicemail.

Another question, can I forward the Google number to my Obi number?  If possible, how can I do that?

Regards
Y

SteveInWA

Yes, OBi devices work directly with Google Voice, for both inbound and outbound calls.  Inbound calling depends on you having your own full-function Google Voice phone number, and not a Google Voice "lite" account. 

The OBi devices use Google's old XMPP Chat protocol, and as such, you must have Google Chat enabled as a forwarding destination on your GV Settings page.

Follow my complete instructions here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460