News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Incoming SP1 call gets disconnect after 15 or 20 seconds

Started by dash, February 08, 2012, 03:25:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dash

I have OBIHAI device that I configured SIP account with number so that when user calls that number it can ring OBIHAI device.

Please note that SIP account is Japanese VOIP Provider and assigned with Japanese local telephone number.

Obihai device is in US but when user calls japanese number, it will ring OBIHAI device in US.

However, I can recieve calls but after 15 or 20 seconds, it gets disconnect therefore, please let me know how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Stewart

This is likely a NAT or SIP ALG issue, such that the OBi does not receive an ACK for its 200 OK response.

Make sure that your router has the latest firmware, and try turning off any SIP ALG setting, if such exists.

Then, try each of the following, one at a time (back out one change before making the next).

1. Set (in ITSP Profile A or B as appropriate) STUNEnable, and set STUNServer to a valid STUN server, e.g. stun.counterpath.net .

2. Change (in SP1 or SP2 Service) X_UserAgentPort from 5060 to 5070 or from 5061 to 5071 .

3. Same as step 2, but also in your router, forward the UDP port corresponding to X_UserAgentPort to the OBi.

4. Set (in ITSP Profile A or B -> SIP) OutboundProxy to the same value as is in ProxyServer .

If no luck, please post:  Modem make/model?  Separate router, if any?  Any special settings in router?  Is this the same OBi in FL that you posted about on Jan. 20?  If so, was it working then?  If so, what may have changed to break it?

Also, I'm curious:  Who is the provider?  What is the cost and location of the DID?  (Possibly, an American provider that is known to work with the OBi can provide a quality JP DID at a similar or lower price.)

dash

Dear Mr.Stewart,

I apolosize for late reply and thank you very much for your quick response to my posts.

As per your instruction, I enabled stun server then configured stun.counterpath.net

After that it is working now.

At presently, I configured Japanese local number and Korea local number in the device so that when user in Japan or Korea call their country local number, it will connect to OBIHAI device connected to PBX in other country.

At currently I am using Korea telecommunication company named, good telecom http://www.goodtelecom.co.kr/

I have one request to ask. currently when user dial 3*local number in UK (this is example), it is going to PSTN line of speed dial 3's obhai device.
However, there is 2 or 3 second delays. In this regards, where do I need to adjust to shorten this delays.

Thanks advance for your help in this.

Stewart

Quote from: dash on February 09, 2012, 11:32:05 PM... when user dial 3*local number in UK (this is example), it is going to PSTN line of speed dial 3's obhai device.
However, there is 2 or 3 second delays. In this regards, where do I need to adjust to shorten this delays.
There are two sources of delay.  First the originating OBi doesn't know how many digits to expect, so it delays to see whether more digits are coming, before sending the number to the destination OBi.

For countries that have a fixed number of digits in their local numbers (such as UK), you could configure the digit map to send immediately, once the last digit is received.  But if you have many of those, the digit map may be too long for the OBi.  Alternatively, the user can just dial # after the number, e.g. 3*02071234567# and there will be no extra delay.

Also, the destination OBi, by default, sends DTMF very slowly.  Try these speedups for the LINE port, then test if the device sends the number reliably:

(fairly conservative)
DialDigitOnTime: 100
DialDigitOffTime: 70

(more aggressive)
DialDigitOnTime: 60
DialDigitOffTime: 50