News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't register VOIPo as SP2

Started by JD1940, February 10, 2012, 04:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD1940

I want to use VOIPo as my SP2 provider as I have 911 service through them and I don't have it with Google Voice which is my SP1 provider. I've read the posts on the forum about connecting with them but am still having no luck. I've changed the port to 5078, taken out anything in the UID, and am using the BYOD password fromVOIPo  but I'm still getting the 401 message. I do notice the server # in the 401 message is not the same as my VOIPo #. Is that the problem and if so, how do I correct it?

RonR

Log into the OBi directly at the IP address returned by dialing ***1 and verify the following settings (everything else should be at Default on SP2/ITSP Profile B to start with):

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : VOIPo
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : sip.voipwelcome.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (sip username)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (sip password)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (callerid name)

If you need to make any changes directly in the OBi, you will also need to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Once you get VOIPo working, you will also need to make the following change to route 911 calls to SP2:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

JD1940

Thank you. VOIPo is now registered and Obi has been rebooted so I guess I now have 911 service.

RonR

Quote from: JD1940 on February 10, 2012, 06:15:04 PM
I guess I now have 911 service.

I wouldn't guess.  Call your local non-emergency police or fire department number and tell them you'd like to make a test call to 911 to ensure that your new telephone equipment is working properly.  They will likely give you permission to do so.  When you make the 911 call, immediately inform the dispatcher there is no emergency.  Verify they have your correct name, location, and any other pertinent information.