News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

911 service

Started by Southernphoneman, August 04, 2019, 02:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southernphoneman

I have already had my account going for a little while and everything is good , but I did not sign up for 911 service, can I still sign up for that?

drgeoff

Which ITSP your current account is with and which 911 service you are contemplating might be relevant so if you are determined that those remain a secret ....

Southernphoneman

Quote from: drgeoff on August 04, 2019, 03:09:02 PM
Which ITSP your current account is with and which 911 service you are contemplating might be relevant so if you are determined that those remain a secret ....
I am set up with google voice,connected to an obi200, and am not sure where to turn to for the 911 part.
What would be recomended?

Taoman

Quote from: Southernphoneman on August 04, 2019, 06:05:32 PM
What would be recomended?

Most people either choose Anveo ($20/year) or Callcentric ($18/year).

However, if choosing Callcentric just for E911, most people on this forum recommend going for the North America Basic plan for $1.95/month which also includes 120 outbound minutes per month.
https://www.callcentric.com/products/

mike1971

Anveo works good, 1.50 setup fee and 1.50 a month. This is what I use for e911 with gv.  Have tested it with a scheduled call to them and have had to actually use it last month.   After my $25 balance runs out I may switch to calcentric for awhile and check them out.