News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

my review at Amazon...

Started by vtsnaab, September 20, 2011, 03:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtsnaab

(Entitled=> 5.0 out of 5 stars  words alone are NOT positive enough., September 20, 2011) 

QuoteAs a soon-to-be former skype user I must offer my most positive congrats - kudos - both thumbs UP to the OBihai folks for an absolutely brilliant product so wonderfully executed and presented !!!

My OBi110, even after just a few hours of usage is poised to be the COOLEST tech buy I've ever made.
(Truly, the hardest part of making it work was getting it plugged into the network because of MY cable mess - getting from 'plugged in' to 'making & getting calls via GV' was a pure delight.)

This device is SO GOOD - and SO EASY that I can easily see it making a HUGE dent in the landlines remaining in use; ANYBODY can install and set this up in just minutes, easily.

It does everything that a traditional phone does and more (EXCEPT 911).

This item gets my absolute highest recommendation.
(The -ONLY- thing which could make this any better would be a lower price, because if that happened I'd instantly buy a 2nd unit for my office.)

Published here:http://www.amazon.com/review/RBMUVLGXGI0DP

Ostracus

Good review and I was impressed enough with the device I did get another.

RonR

Quote from: vtsnaab on September 20, 2011, 03:43:27 PM
It does everything that a traditional phone does and more (EXCEPT 911).

While not true 911, you can have the OBi call a regular telephone number when you dial 911.  You can frequently find a regular telephone number that terminates with the same dispatchers as 911, but you don't get the identity, location, etc. of a real 911 call when doing so.

Also, check to see if your unactivated PSTN line is alive and has dialtone.  Some states require that telephone lines still accept 911 calls even if not otherwise in service.

jazzy

RonR....
I'm in NorCal and wonder the same thing, will my soon to be cancelled ATT land line get dial tone, so my OBi can call out on the real 911?  Anyone in CA with prior ATT landline service checked to see if 911 works?

RonR

Quote from: jazzy on September 21, 2011, 11:03:23 AM
I'm in NorCal and wonder the same thing, will my soon to be cancelled ATT land line get dial tone, so my OBi can call out on the real 911?  Anyone in CA with prior ATT landline service checked to see if 911 works?

Check with the CA PUC, but I believe the CA Legislature recently bowed to the telephone company lobbyists and rescinded most of the previous such requirements in that state.