News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBi2182 added to OBiTALK connected GV not listed in GV

Started by sentry02, July 04, 2019, 05:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

Quote from: SteveInWA on July 09, 2019, 01:34:59 PM
Great; thanks for circling back with the resolution.  Yes, that's the latest firmware, so they must have pushed it to your phone after you opened a ticket.

Is there a place I can find the latest firmware for the 2182? I only see links for the 1000

Thank you!

SteveInWA

No.  If you have a legitimate problem and your phone is under warranty or extended support, then contact Poly and they can push the firmware to your device.

wpsb

I just bought a phone so I have a year left on the 2182 warrantee minus a week or so. Do you know the plans going forward? Will they be updating the 2000 firmware? Will it be pushed going forward? Or they'll put up a website? Or will it be only available with serious issues? Thanks for your help!

SteveInWA

I have no idea how long they will continue to sell and/or support the 2182 phone, but at the moment, it is the only current-production IP phone that works with consumer Google Voice.  You can contact them for warranty-period help.  They can manually push new firmware to the phone for you, if it is needed.

wpsb

vailiyat

Quote from: sentry02 on July 05, 2019, 04:42:53 AM
Does it matter that I only have  Bluestacks Lucky Patcher Kodi  Web and iOS devices setup in my Google Voice account?  I assume not, since my OBi200 was working.

Today I am going to run through the process to setup my OBi200 on this Google account again and see if it shows up as an OBiTalk device on the Google account.

I have to assume the problem is that the OBi Device is not appearing in the Google Voice settings.  But I cannot find a solution.  I thought I remembered a step for the OBi200 that all I had to do was place an outgoing call from the handset on the OBi200 and it would get added to the Google Voice devices under GV settings.  But I must have been imagining that.

barrysingh101

On the GV Legacy Settings page, OBis are listed along with linked numbers and can be set to either receive GV calls or not.  However, on the new GV-SIP Settings page this does not appear to be the case: only my linked numbers show up, not my OBi.  Am I missing something or is there no way to manage the forwarding of calls to OBis anymore from this page?
shareit apk vidmate apk

drgeoff

Quote from: barrysingh101 on September 23, 2019, 12:32:10 PM
On the GV Legacy Settings page, OBis are listed along with linked numbers and can be set to either receive GV calls or not.  However, on the new GV-SIP Settings page this does not appear to be the case: only my linked numbers show up, not my OBi.  Am I missing something or is there no way to manage the forwarding of calls to OBis anymore from this page?

This thread is about an OBi2182 IP phone. Your other post, to which I have replied, is about an OBi110. What model of OBi is your post here about?

Marc

I just bought and received three 2182s and was frustrated to get them setup only to get nothing but air when trying to make calls over GV.  I have submitted a support ticket for all 3 devices and hope they are taken care of quickly... although I don't have a lot of hope for a fast response given so many of the horror stories around.

That said, why hasn't Obi/Poly figured out how to have new firmware automatically pushed to these devices when they are added to Obitalk?  The phones each rebooted a half dozen times during the setup process, which only included one GV account.  You'd think with all the phone home functionality in these phones, firmware would automatically get updated to the newest.

But since that hasn't/isn't happening, they really need to allow manual updating, be it via the *** menu system or some other method.  I bought these three phones to test out and play with on my own network.  But I have many clients who would like to buy additional Obi phones or upgrade the ones they have.  If I have to go through submitting a support ticket for each phone and then waiting for who knows how long for them to push the firmware... it will definitely make it difficult to justify selling these devices.  If all was smooth and my testing over the next couple of weeks went smoothly, as I suspect it still will, once this hiccup is fixed, I could easily resell 10 to 100 21** series phones a week for the next 6 months.  Instead, my customers who are on the 10** series for the past 4 or 5 years and need replacements will want an alternate solution.  I'm sure I'm not the only one reselling these phones who is in the same boat.  This seems like it should be a simple fix, if Obi only paid attention.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

SteveInWA

Your 2182s should be on firmware 6.2.3 (Build: 4907.1311).  I won't address their quality of support, but you should receive a response to a support ticket.  If you delete the phones completely off of your OBiTALK dashboard, then factory-reset the phones, then re-add them to the OBiTALK dashboard and set up Google Voice, the most recent, generally-released firmware should install.  If not, then they can push it to your phones remotely, but they do need to be unmodified from the default settings and online on your dashboard.

Marc

Thanks for the quick reply.

These were brand new phones, right out of the box.  They were/are on firmware 6.2.2 (Build: 4788.1311.)

I went through 2 factory resets on each phone before coming online to see if others were having a similar problem.  At first I thought it was because during the GV setup, when the first box comes up, it's grey and says support.google.com cannot be reached.  But I hit the accept button and it continued through the setup.

I have no experience with Obi/Poly support, so cannot speak first hand.  I hope I have nothing but good things to say and it's only a matter of hours and not days for the updated firmware to be pushed.

The phones are all active in my Obitalk dashboard, other than the GV setup which is part of the default setup anyway, they are completely unmodified and they are all on and connected.... just sitting and waiting now :)

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 09, 2019, 05:58:02 PM
Your 2182s should be on firmware 6.2.3 (Build: 4907.1311).  I won't address their quality of support, but you should receive a response to a support ticket.  If you delete the phones completely off of your OBiTALK dashboard, then factory-reset the phones, then re-add them to the OBiTALK dashboard and set up Google Voice, the most recent, generally-released firmware should install.  If not, then they can push it to your phones remotely, but they do need to be unmodified from the default settings and online on your dashboard.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

Marc

Another odd occurrence which I don't remember happening with 10** series.. Anytime one of these 2182s reboots, all three reboot.

Yes, they are on the same subnet.
Yes, they are all powered by POE.
Yes, they are all connected to the same POE switch.

Marc

Marc

Appears new firmware was pushed to the 2182s.  I'm not onsite so I can't test, so I'll check when I get back there this evening.

Thanks for the help.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Marc on October 10, 2019, 08:57:33 AM
Appears new firmware was pushed to the 2182s.  I'm not onsite so I can't test, so I'll check when I get back there this evening.

Thanks for the help.

Good news!  Let us know how it works out.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Marc on October 10, 2019, 06:58:21 AM
Another odd occurrence which I don't remember happening with 10** series.. Anytime one of these 2182s reboots, all three reboot.

Yes, they are on the same subnet.
Yes, they are all powered by POE.
Yes, they are all connected to the same POE switch.

Marc

This will happen whenever you make a change to any of the OBi devices via the OBiTALK system.  It's because it updates all the other device's X_InboundCallRoute, to include the OBi numbers of all of your devices.

If you are making no changes, and just rebooting/power-cycling one device, then I dunno why it's happening.  It doesn't happen to mine.