News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

has not received a response from the service provider

Started by mtstoll3, March 22, 2020, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtstoll3

We keep trying to call out using our Obitalk 200 with Google Voice but the call doesn't go through and we receive the message, "...has not received a response from the service provider."  We unplugged and plugged back in and received a similar message "...call has been rejected by the service provider."  We cannot get this to work.  We can receive calls just fine.

Matt

bonchien

I 've had the same problem with my Obi202. Did you try logging into your dashboard and re-associating the device to your GV account? This has solved the problem for me in the past.

B34N

FYI: I had it happen to me today. It solved itself in about 15 minutes without a reset or anything on my end. I actually got dropped while on a Google Voice call. I tried using my PhonePower line and I had the an issue there as well.

Time_Lord

I was on a call and got a blast of static followed by the connection going dead.  An attempt to reconnect resulted in the error  "...has not received a response from the service provider"  after 3 or 4 attempts I simply restarted the Obi200 and everything worked again as expected.

Looks like Google had a hiccup of some sort and simply reconnecting solved the problem.

-TL

B34N

Quote from: Time_Lord on March 30, 2020, 10:44:07 AM
I was on a call and got a blast of static followed by the connection going dead.  An attempt to reconnect resulted in the error  "...has not received a response from the service provider"  after 3 or 4 attempts I simply restarted the Obi200 and everything worked again as expected.

Looks like Google had a hiccup of some sort and simply reconnecting solved the problem.

-TL

Thank you for sharing. I had two of those hicups today but in both cases I was able to dial again without needing to touch my Obi202.

Edit: I just had it keep my from dialing out. Google Voice still works on the browser and my cell phone but not through my Obi202. It seems to be intermittent.

Edit again: I checked my logs and it seems to only happen on outgoing calls through the Obi and it is at exactly 15-minutes and 32 seconds. It does not happen every time. I've done some reading and generally this is caused by a router setting (SIP ALG?). It doesn't happen all of the time and I haven't changed anything there in over a year so I'm hesitant to mess with my Obi which has been working flawlessly for at least 7 years. I'll keep looking but I suspect it's related to greatly increased traffic with everyone being locked inside.

njweb

Quote from: Time_Lord on March 30, 2020, 10:44:07 AM

-TL

I get these static blasts too and it seems to be more common now.
Also having issues in the past week or two with dropped calls or calls not going through at all and Obitalk needing to be restarted to be able to place a call / resolve the issue.

TurnKey

with the increased work from home volumes, I've recently be subjected to both incoming and outgoing calls being dropped at any interval but usually within 15 minutes of a call .... I also get the static blast which is embarrassing on calls and doesn't speak well for Obitalk or Google .... I've reset the Obitalk and even reset the router but it doesn't reset and the line is useless ..... really disappointing to see other providers not having these issues.   >:(

SteveInWA

Quote from: TurnKey on March 31, 2020, 02:08:52 PM
with the increased work from home volumes, I've recently be subjected to both incoming and outgoing calls being dropped at any interval but usually within 15 minutes of a call .... I also get the static blast which is embarrassing on calls and doesn't speak well for Obitalk or Google .... I've reset the Obitalk and even reset the router but it doesn't reset and the line is useless ..... really disappointing to see other providers not having these issues.   >:(

Well, Google Voice is not intended for business use.  Sign up with a SIP VoIP ITSP like Callcentric or voip.ms instead.

B34N

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 31, 2020, 04:21:42 PM
Well, Google Voice is not intended for business use.  Sign up with a SIP VoIP ITSP like Callcentric or voip.ms instead.

Thank you for the suggestion to those who are having issues with GV. From your response and the fact we've not had issues before, is it correct for us to ascertain that the problem is known to be with GV and not our networks or the Obi devices? If so then I'll likely take your suggestion on signing up with another provider. I do also have a PhonePower set up but I need to keep that line free for family to use.

Thank you,
B34N

SteveInWA

We (the Product Experts and Google staff on the Google Voice help forum) are getting sporadic reports of failures on OBiTALK devices.  A recent inbound call failure was fixed.  I have never seen a solution to reports of calls being disconnected after some time period.

Generally speaking, it isn't easy to diagnose the rather useless "has not received a response from the service provider" error.  However, Google regularly suspends users' access to the service, when abuse is detected, which will cause that error.  This is most commonly when people send many outbound text messages without an equivalent number of conversational replies, which looks like (and probably is) spam, or they make many outbound calls of rather short duration over a limited time period, which looks like (and probably is) robocalling or telemarketing.  When this happens, the user will see a suspension notice when going to their Google Voice web page:  https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls

My point about not using the mostly-free, consumer-class version of Google Voice for business, is that it is not supported at all for that purpose by Google, it occasionally breaks, and it might take hours or days to fix whatever might go wrong.

Google does have a paid, business-class version of Google Voice for G Suite customers.  It includes direct support from Google, and it has a published service level.  However, it does not work with 200 series, 1000 series, nor 2000 series products.  It does work with newer Poly VVX IP phones.

njweb

I have had my OBI202 with Google Voice for about 14 months and it was working well, till recently that is...
I used to get static after being on a call for a while (perhaps a few times a week at most).

However, in the past several weeks. I am getting issues multiple times a day, where either I get the static after being on a call about 15 minutes or issues with calls dropping in the middle sometimes multiple times on a single call!

Nothing has changed - same DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem and same router (Orbi).
Also I do not have any suspension message in https://voice.google.com/u/0/calls 

Speedtest this morning:
PING 12 ms
DOWNLOAD 207.15 Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps 11.73 Mbps

Any OBI or router settings to check?

B34N

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 01, 2020, 08:14:24 AM
We (the Product Experts and Google staff on the Google Voice help forum) are getting sporadic reports of failures on OBiTALK devices.  A recent inbound call failure was fixed.  I have never seen a solution to reports of calls being disconnected after some time period.

Thank you and the others involved with Google Voice for providing such a useful service. I appreciate you cautioning us about using the free version of voice for business applications.

In case it can be of any help to troubleshoot the problem, here are my observations.

• Only outbound calls through the Obi get disconnected
  • According to my Google Voice logs, those calls are disconnected at 15 min 32 sec
  • After a call is disconnected, I cannot immediately place or receive another call through the Obi. (I need to confirm that it's both lines of just the GV line)
  • I do not need to reset my device for it to work again. I just give it some time.

Thank you!

SteveInWA

UPDATE:

As of today, April 8th, Google Voice engineering found and corrected a network problem that is believed to have been causing the 15 minute disconnects.

If you still experience this (as of right now or in the future), please post over on the Google Voice help forum, so we can work with you and Google Voice engineering to further analyze the issue.

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/new?hl=en

B34N

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 08, 2020, 04:45:15 PM
As of today, April 8th, Google Voice engineering found and corrected a network problem that is believed to have been causing the 15 minute disconnects.

Thank you! I just completed a 30-minute call with no disconnects. I'll use the link if the problem returns.

njweb

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 08, 2020, 04:45:15 PM
UPDATE:

If you still experience this (as of right now or in the future), please post over on the Google Voice help forum, so we can work with you and Google Voice engineering to further analyze the issue.

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/new?hl=en

Thanks. I still had the static happen today just after 15 minutes on one call. On a few other calls today it did not occur.

Update 4/15 - Seems to be fixed. No issues so far this week. Thanks to Google for the fix.

SteveD123

Seems to be fixed. My calls are no longer dropping. Thank you!

njweb

Same here. This week things have been working really well! Thanks Google for the fix noted above.

1. My calls are no longer completely dropping in the middle of calls / line is no longer experiencing frequent instances daily where I couldn't dial out without waiting a while or rebooting.

2. Also no static after 15 mins (yet) < This was only an intermittent / occasional issue, which was occurring even before the recent issues. It was happening more frequently recently during the same time frame as issue 1 (till the Google fix was deployed) and that is no longer the case, so that is also good news.

pikach

Im still having issues.

For the second time this week the calls get disconnected mid call. Then I see that the account has been disabled by google for suspicious (spam) activity. This google account is not used for anything other then OBI phone lines.

On Sunday they reactivated my account and now it happened again with the new account that they opened.

Anyone experience the same?

Any suggestion which provider will get me good service with the OBI for 2 cheap phone lines?

SteveInWA

Quote from: pikach on April 21, 2020, 09:15:55 AM
Im still having issues.

For the second time this week the calls get disconnected mid call. Then I see that the account has been disabled by google for suspicious (spam) activity. This google account is not used for anything other then OBI phone lines.

On Sunday they reactivated my account and now it happened again with the new account that they opened.

Anyone experience the same?

Any suggestion which provider will get me good service with the OBI for 2 cheap phone lines?

Well, you diagnosed your own problem -- your calling patterns are violating Google's Acceptable Use Policy, so they are suspending your service.  So, don't use Google Voice for whatever you're doing.

You can easily sign up for phone service with a SIP Internet Telephone Service Provider, like Callcentric or voip.ms and then configure that service on your device via the OBiTALK portal.

pikach

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 21, 2020, 05:50:18 PM

Well, you diagnosed your own problem -- your calling patterns are violating Google's Acceptable Use Policy, so they are suspending your service.  So, don't use Google Voice for whatever you're doing.

You can easily sign up for phone service with a SIP Internet Telephone Service Provider, like Callcentric or voip.ms and then configure that service on your device via the OBiTALK portal.

I wasn't doing anything wrong at all!! I didn't use it for any soliciting etc., only used it 1 week for kids calling in their teacher for school hotline, the same number every day, total calls made on the account was 5 or 10 calls for 1 or so hours.
This was the case for both accounts used. Brand new google accounts minimal OBI use before being flagged as spamming.
In any case I got them to reopen both accounts now so well see what happens.