News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ongoing GV service problems - reboot requited

Started by wpsb, April 03, 2020, 06:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I've noticed that many of us are having the same issue. We can't make outgoing calls on our OBI devices without rebooting. As with many of our issues, the "experts" on this forum claim that the issue is on our ends. Yes, they claim that ALL of us are having the same problem at the same time because of individual issues at our end.

Classic "quality" replies by the moderators on this site. Hey, at least these "experts" didn't delete the thread like they did last time, right?

I have filed on the google voice forum. Feel free to follow this link to see if we get some results and also feel free to add to this with your similar experiences

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/37682987?hl=en

njweb

Thanks wpsb.
I see, from the posts here on this forum and the Google thread you shared, that we're getting passed back and forth between OBI and Google, each pointing to the other. :( Meanwhile our service is impacted:

I bought the OBI202 specifically for Google Voice (14 months ago) and it was working well most of the time, but recently it is dropping calls multiple times every single day, becoming increasingly frustrating. I posted in the other thread with specifics.
Only if people post in the threads about it, will OBI and Google get an idea; I suspect many are not posting about their experiences since someone else has already posted about it.

hofs1

I just saw this while researching my dropped call issue.

Google Voice engineering found and (today, April 8th) corrected a network problem that was responsible for the 15 minute disconnects.  If you are still having this problem, as of right now, then we will need to collect specific details from you.

drgeoff

Quote from: hofs1 on April 09, 2020, 06:37:14 AM
I just saw this while researching my dropped call issue.

Google Voice engineering found and (today, April 8th) corrected a network problem that was responsible for the 15 minute disconnects.  If you are still having this problem, as of right now, then we will need to collect specific details from you.
A slightly fuller version was posted by SteveInWA http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=16860.msg103450#msg103450

wpsb

If you continue to have problems related to reboot please post a link here to your complaint on google's site. That way others can reply that they are having the same issue.

Google claims that the reboot issue is NOT related to them. They said the 15 minute issue has been fixed.

I never had the 15 minute issue. I only had the device not connecting issue.

If you have similar issues PLEASE post a link to your complaint on the google board so others can chime in. I will continue to send the complaints with specific problems to Obi/Poly.

thank you.