News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Static when switching back back to original caller after call waiting

Started by managerharry, May 15, 2018, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamaest@gmail.com

For the past week this is now starting to happen ALL THE TIME. I can't have any phone calls last more than 15 minutes before I get STATIC on the line and get dropped!  Where the heck is OBIHAI or POLYCOMM for support?   THIS is becoming unusable!!!!

This also appears relevant:  https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32056299-General-Calls-drop-after-15m32s

djg8544

I too have this issue 100% of my calls and I use ANVEO as my service provider. People can hear me but I have a hard time understanding them.

haptrail

I've had this static problem going back over a year.  It was dormant for months, but now having it again.  Not related to  call waiting - an incoming call that goes on longer than 10 minutes gets interrupted by very loud white-noise type static.  Only I hear it - the caller can't hear it but can hear me saying "call back".  If they call back, the noise is gone, but will recur if the call goes on long enough.

gillhog

Like everyone else, I too get the static issue.  All my calls get static at around 15½ minutes into the call.  I have to hang up and recall.   If I answer call waiting, I get static when I switch back to the original call.  This issue has been going on for years on this forum.  Is there no answer?

flamaest@gmail.com

I don't know about you, but my obihai has not failed more than once since this pandemic broke out. So it's been almost 5 weeks and I've only had to reset it once the entire time. I still have the same amount of phone calls every day since I use it as my main landline. Multiple hourly conference calls all throughout the day. No problems.

we should all take heed on this notion, because I am fairly certain that there is foul play at hand with the issues that we have been experiencing. Something, somewhere, somehow has been implementing a deliberate reduction in phone line experience on these little boxes, which is clearly not present during this time, perhaps because someone told whomever is doing this to stand-down during the pandemic.

I may be overthinking it, but reality is that I have not had to reset the unit almost at all.

LadyD

Quote from: flamaest@gmail.com on November 18, 2019, 01:11:04 PM
Quick update, it's only been a few days, but I simply tried to replace my Obi200 power supply and I believe that the issue is now gone. I wouldn't have believed that my power supply could have been causing this, but it appears that it was related. I was previously having my calls dropped-with-static about 4 or 5 times a day.

This worked for me as well... I can now do 3way calling and no static when doing call waiting ...Thats quite strange a power supply changed all these issues. I used  my old 110 one....thanks

Chistofero

I think that one person mentioned this in passing in a previous comment, but I was able to solve this problem by adjusting my flash timing. Up until now I would go to static every time I tried to return from call waiting. I raised my HookFlashTimeMax setting from the default 900 up to 1250. I've tested it 3 times in a row now and it is working. No new power supply. Just tweaked that one setting.

Get on a web browser and head to the IP address of your OBI device. You can find and adjust this setting here:
Physical Interfaces::PHONE(#) Port, then scroll down to Timers. HookFlashTimeMax is the first option under Timers.

I hope this helps everyone else. I think the problem is that many phones have Hook-Flash settings that are too close to or exceed the 900 ms allotted by the OBI200 default settings.

This only solves the OPs problem of static when switching back back to original caller after call waiting. This will not solve the issue of calls cutting out into static mid-call that are unrelated to call waiting.

arko12

I posted on Google voice... No word yet...  2 ISSUES I have not been able to use call waiting. The call I have to put on hold never is there when I come back......Just static. This has been going on for over a year and even after getting a New Obi 202 device it still happens. Now add another issue too. The phone rings but I hear nothing and the caller hears nothing. This just started today 7/12/19 However I can call out and it works ok.

Michael_116

Quote from: Chistofero on May 06, 2020, 02:15:00 PM
I raised my HookFlashTimeMax setting from the default 900 up to 1250. I've tested it 3 times in a row now and it is working. No new power supply. Just tweaked that one setting.

Get on a web browser and head to the IP address of your OBI device. You can find and adjust this setting here:
Physical Interfaces::PHONE(#) Port, then scroll down to Timers. HookFlashTimeMax is the first option under Timers.

Chistofero,

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!  I haven't had three-way calling for months, but following your instructions fixed it!  I'm a happy man!

flamaest@gmail.com