News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using OBi Voice Gateways with SIP Providers

Started by RonR, March 29, 2011, 01:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Localphone does not permit you to spoof caller ID on a SIP call.

If you want to send your GV number on a Localphone call, you can call from GV via Localphone calling card (requires two-stage dialing) or Local Numbers (to contacts you have set up on Localphone).

For a single contact, you can spoof the caller ID by forwarding your Localphone iNum to the contact, then sending the call to yourlpinum@sip.inum.net, with the desired caller ID.

Voxbeam (another Localphone brand) allows you to send an arbitrary caller ID with each call, though there are some gotchas.

QBZappy

OBihai,
As you can see by the number of views on this thread a fair number of people have read it. This specialized OBi config would be worthy of a "sticky". I can think of at least two more specialized OBi configs which are also worthy candidates developed by RonR.

RonR,
If we ask politely perhaps some of your setups can be put up as a "sticky". Can you suggest some setups you think are noteworthy. Some of these configs show the flexibility of the OBi device. I would think that this would be a good selling point for the device. I'm not sure if they require your permission, give you the credit or if it is already in the public domain.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shammi

Quote from: RonR on March 29, 2011, 01:01:35 PM

Label : ste
DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Hi RonR,

I am using VG3 for LocalPhone to callIndia from Canada. LocalPhone requires the prefix 91 (India country code) before dialling all indian numbers. On the other hand, if I have to call other countries, I have to dial their country codes, e.g. for USA I have to add prefix '1'

I am following the quoted method for it. My goal is to be able to dial Indian number on LocalPhone VG3 without the prefix 91. If I am correct, the 10 digit number would be dialled as: **3 xxx xxx xxxx

To achieve this can I change :
User defined Digit Map 3> DigitMap > (91xxxxxxxxxx|<91>[1-9]xxxxxxxxx|<91>xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

If this is incorrect, please correct me.

I have two more questions:

1) Can I call call through the VG 3 by using my cell phone that is one of the trusted number on the obi?
2) Can there be a setting that when I call India, I don't need to dial country code prefix 91 (like above); still be able to call other countries using the same vg3. I mean, can vg3 differentiate when I call India dialling **3 + 10 digit Indian number, at the same time next call I can make to USA dialling **3 + 1 + 10 digit number.

thanks in advance

Shammi

Shammi

Quote from: Shammi on April 20, 2012, 09:22:16 PM

DigitMap : (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Hi RonR,

I am using VG3 for LocalPhone to callIndia from Canada. LocalPhone requires the prefix 91 (India country code) before dialling all indian numbers. On the other hand, if I have to call other countries, I have to dial their country codes, e.g. for USA I have to add prefix '1'

I am following the quoted method for it. My goal is to be able to dial Indian number on LocalPhone VG3 without the prefix 91. If I am correct, the 10 digit number would be dialled as: **3 xxx xxx xxxx

To achieve this can I change :
User defined Digit Map 3> DigitMap > (91xxxxxxxxxx|<91>[1-9]xxxxxxxxx|<91>xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

If this is incorrect, please correct me.

I have two more questions:

1) Can I call call through the VG 3 by using my cell phone that is one of the trusted number on the obi?

2) Can there be a setting that when I call India, I don't need to dial country code prefix 91 (like above); still be able to call other countries using the same vg3. I mean, can vg3 differentiate when I call India dialling **3 + 10 digit Indian number, at the same time next call I can make to USA dialling **3 + 1 + 10 digit number. If it is not possible, I would prefer the freedom of not adding 91 prefix for indian numbers, and probably make another account for other countries.

thanks in advance

Shammi

RonR

If you want to use VG3 for calling India only and have 91 automatically prepended to 10-digit numbers:

Voice Gateway3:
Name : LocalPhone
AccessNumber : SPx(LocalPone Proxy Server)
DigitMap : (<91>xxxxxxxxxx|91xxxxxxxxxx)
AuthUserID : LocalPhone_UserID
AuthPassword : LocalPhone_Password

If you want to use VG4 for general international calling where you dial country code + number:

Voice Gateway4:
DigitMap : (xx.)

If you're configuring your OBi with the OBiTALK Web Portal and Circle-of-Trust, the only option for single-stage dialing from an OBiON App is through the PrimaryLine (which cannot be VG3).

Using Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk, OBiON Apps can use any trunk they wish and can have any trunk as their PrimaryLine.

Shammi

Wow, thanks for simplifying it. You are always at the top of it. Thanks again
Shammi

Shammi

Quote from: RonR on April 20, 2012, 10:03:23 PM
If you want to use VG3 for calling India only and have 91 automatically prepended to 10-digit numbers:

Voice Gateway3:
DigitMap : (<91>xxxxxxxxxx)

Hi RonR,
I was not successful, it says, "there is no call route available". I triple checked the ID, password and server information. However, the one you suggested for **4 works fine. Thanks. Shammi

RonR

Shammi,

Sorry 'bout that.  The DigitMap should be : (<91>xxxxxxxxxx|91xxxxxxxxxx)

Shammi

SIMPLE_desires

I've been using the ObiTalk.com portal to manage the device.  Will these new settings be manageable from the portal or do I need disable portal to manage manually?

Or can I manage manually and set portal to READ ONLY?

Please consider adding extra direction to find "user digit maps".  Albeit frazzled I did eventually find the setting by opening the "user settings" tree.

Not being familiar entirely with obi_110 I was able to follow the directions otherwise.

[ i ]
I would like MORE VoiceGateways.

(a)
Without buying another device can I have more somehow?  I use them to spoof outbound CallerID to match other devices/lines I own.

(b)
Can I have more by daisy chaining OBIs somehow?

[ ii ]
For iNum and SIP broker I'm using the enhanced firmware syntax:

SP1(sip.inum.net;op=mns)
SP1(sipbroker.com;op=mns)

For SipBroker someone with a high post count suggested changing digitmap to

(<*>[x*][x*].S4|*[x*][x*].S4)

[ iii ]
I used VG8 but had to change PHY: Phone Port: DigitMap & OutboundCallRoute

The latter was NOT of the form: {(<**N:>(MvgN)):vgN} |N=single digit.  It had "li" and some stuff I neglected to retain.

Will using VG8 this way deprive me of other LI functionality?

heny

This post is very helpful for beginners to setup voice gateway, thanks!

I have a few questions:

1. the post using vg3,4,6,7 as example, I assume I can follow same logic and setup vg1,2,5,8? (for example **0 to route to vg1 etc)
2. the phone port digital map on my obitalk is slightly different than the first post, it is: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli)), where can I find the explanation on each item?
3. one of the posts mentioned "The records in syslog", where can I find the syslog? does it contain all the call logs as well?

thanks

ipse

Reviving an old topic, but I have a question: when using a VG (my case for 1800 dialing -for free) does Obi use the DTMF settings for SPx?

My setup: SP2 =Anveo, VG3=CallWithUs and VG3 is set to use SP2.
I am having problems passing DTMF tones AFTER I get connected (conf bridge) and I'm guessing if I make changes to SP2 DTMF settings it won't matter anyways.

I have another VG6 set up with tollfree and that one seems to be working much better (less than 5% errors) - so I'm afraid this just boils down to CWU performance.
Anyone else having trouble with CWU and DTMF? Could this be specific to the use of a VG instead of SP?

/EDIT I have the same issue with IPKall and toll free calls. Like I said, tollfreegateway works almost perfect - they all hand off SP2.

/EDIT2 I take back what I posted before: making DTMF changes for ITSP B (Anveo) DOES improve DTMF sending...I have it set to Inband now and digit success rate is close to 100%. I would not have guessed that params from SPx are actually used by VGs as a "fake" SIP account can also be used.
I toggle between Inband and RFC2833 and I see the difference immediately.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

ob1joef

OBi200 and Voice Gateways : Issues??

Once upon a time I had an OBi110 and I successfully installed  working Voice Gateways on it.
I followed the instructions on  the OBi web forum for an OBi110  (above).

I repeated those instructions in that  ...
I tried replicating the VGs on an OBi200 and keep getting "No service configured" error.

I've gone over my work many times for syntax errors, etc.

I am trying to have a callcentric dial out
I tried @srv.callcentric.com  that I've successfully used with a SP3102
and tried stun.callcentric.com, too.   

But I'm failing before it can get to calling out to Callcentric.  So I'm lost.

Anybody know of issues with Voice Gateways moving from an OBi110 and an OBi200?

thanks in advance
Joe F

drgeoff

ob1joef

Using my OBi200 with the latest fw 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX) on HV 1.4
I've followed the directions to the letter at the top of this post to implement VG
and always get:

"No service configured error"
"Please log into OBiTalk and configure your device"

SP1-4 work fine using Google Voice and Callcentric
but trying to use a Voice Gateway with a working Callcentric account
gets me this error.

Original HW & PTS warranty ended Jul 2018 so I paid for a year of Premium Tech Support
but have not heard from them in 10 days.

Any more suggestions?
Can anyone confirm that THEY are using Voice Gateway on an OBi200???

thanks,
Joe f

azrobert

I'm on the same fw and voice gateways work for me.

Are you VoipHomeUser on the DSLReports forum? Did you try my suggestion here:
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32423568-

This will narrow the cause of the problem. If the speed dial works then it's a routing problem. If it fails then it's a VG definition problem.

zaelkaleem

Ever wish the OBi supported using additional SIP providers for more outbound calling options?  Ever wish you could call people on other VoIP networks directly from your OBi using Sip Broker?  Ever wish you could call people directly from your OBi using their iNum number?  Well, you can, thanks to the Voice Gateways present in the OBi.  In this example, I'll show you how to add two additional SIP providers, calling via Sip Broker, and iNum calling.

NOTE:  You must have at least one OBi Voice Service (SPx/ITSPx) configured for SIP.  If you don't wish to configure a SIP provider on an SPx/ITSPx, simply set Service Providers -> ITSPx -> SIP -> ProxyServer to 127.0.0.1 and uncheck Voice Services -> SPx -> X_RegisterEnable.  Also, the SIP providers used in Voice Gateways must allow calling without SIP registration (many do, some don't).  Sip Broker and iNum calling do not use SIP registration.

The additional calling capability is added through the use of **3, **4, **6, and **7 dialing prefixes.  [**5 cannot be used as a dialing prefix because it's hard-coded into the OBi for use by Obihai.]  In this example, **3 and **4 will be used for additional SIP providers, **6 will be used for calling via Sp Broker, and **7 will be used for iNum calling.

To begin, you'll need to make a couple of additions to your PHONE Port DigitMap and PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute to add support for the new dialing prefixes:

Phone Port DigitMap:

|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg3)|**4(Mvg4)|**6(Mvg6)|**7(Mvg7)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:

{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg3)):vg3},{(<**4:>(Mvg4)):vg4},
{(<**6:>(Mvg6)):vg6},{(<**7:>(Mvg7)):vg7},
{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This creates the following associations:

**3 -> Voice Gateway3 (VG3)
**4 -> Voice Gateway4 (VG4)
**6 -> Voice Gateway6 (VG6)
**7 -> Voice Gateway7 (VG7)

Now, let's set up additional VoIP providers on Voice Gateway3 and Voice Gateway4.

Voice Gateway3 will be used with Whistlephone:

Name : Whistlephone
AccessNumber : SPx(proxy.whistlephone.com)
DigitMap : (Mste)
AuthUserID : your_whistlephone_user_id
AuthPassword : your_whistlephone_password

Voice Gateway4 will be used with IdeaSIP:

Name : IdeaSIP
AccessNumber : SPx(proxy.ideasip.com)
DigitMap : (Mste)
AuthUserID : your_ideasip_user_id
AuthPassword : your_ideasip_password

Next, let's configure Voice Gateway6 for calling via Sip Broker:

Name : Sip Broker
AccessNumber : SPx(sipbroker.com)
DigitMap : (<*>[x*][x*].|*[x*][x*].)

Next, let's configure Voice Gateway7 for iNum calling:

Name : iNum
AccessNumber : SPx(sip.inum.net)
DigitMap : (<8835100>xxxxxxxx|8835100xxxxxxxx)

And finally, let's configure the User Defined DigitMap referenced in Voice Gateway3 and Voice Gateway4:

Following a reboot, the OBi should be ready to use its new capabilities.

Dialing **3 + number should place a PSTN call using Whistlephone.

Dialing **4 + number should place a PSTN call using IdeaSIP.

Dialing **6 + SIP code + number should place a VoIP call via Sip Broker.

For example:

Dialing **6 011 188888 should connect you with the Sip Broker test announcement.
Dialing **6 010 123456 should connect you with the Voxalot number 123456.
Dialing **6 747 17471234567 should connect you with the Gizmo5 number 1-747-123-4567.

For more details on Nox Vidmate VLC] Sip Broker, please visit : http://www.sipbroker.com/

Dialing **7 + number should place a VoIP call to an iNum number.

NOTE: Use only the last 8 digits of the iNum number (8835100 will be prepended for you).

For example:

Dialing **7 00000091  should connect you with the iNum echo test.
Dialing **7 04123456 should connect you with the Voxalot number 123456.
Dialing **7 71234567 should connect you with the Gizmo5 number 1-747-123-4567.

For more details on iNum, please visit : http://www.inum.net/
what I get is just one way audio.
Especially calling any peers through sipbroker.

drgeoff

Digit Maps only affect what called number is sent to what ITSP.  If you call reaches the desired far end number via the desired ITSP. then a digit map has no effect whatsoever on audio quality or lack thereof.