News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Exploring Google Voice with NoMoRobo on Obi200

Started by PDX_Mark, December 21, 2020, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDX_Mark

The following is here for general discussion and documentation . I have not tested it yet but as I understand it , it may very well work. If you beat me to testing please post below. I will test in the coming days. For now, it is documented though.

First, for those that do not know how NoMoRobo works I give you a run - down:

Incoming call is forked to 800 number destnation (your phone) and 800 number

if the destination 800 number reads this caller ID as a RoboCaller source , then the  call is answered by the 800 number and you phone has rung only briefly. If the call is not detected as a RoboCaller then your phone rings normally and the 800 number does not answer the call.

It would be easiest if the Obi allowed be to fork the call (simultaneous ring) to another destination but I have seen no evidence that it can forward the call while ringiing it locally still, without the advanced configuration below.

Given that the Obi devices support multiple accouts (and multiple simultaneous calls) and Google Voice Supports multiple simultaneous calls , even on My Obi202 hich connects to my asterisk. We want to take advntage of these features to fork this call to our phone and the NoMoRobo 800 number (Simultaneous ring), while setting the outbound calls caller ID to the incoming caller ID.

In these tests we will use SP1(for Google Voice)  and SP4 (For Toll Free outbound calling) 

To do this we could

See if it were possible to originate a second call by some method using SP4 for outbound while the incoming call goes to SP1 / Phone port simultaneously.

Google Voice is NOT a candidate to spawn the secod call because it would requre us setting the caller ID (to the incoming call caller ID) , which we can not do.

Fortunately we have some free options for terminating N. American 800 calls.
see https://www.voip-info.org/toll-free-termination-providers/

so lets use alcazarnetworks from that list but if we have a comercial VoIP provider that terminated toll free calls for free , we could use it too as long as they let us set the caller ID

So we configure SP4 for Alcazar neworks with no username and no password , and no registration
tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com is the hostname

Now we must dial one of the 800 numbers for NoMoRoBo

I have the following three numbers The difference appears to be that they are fro different providers, so depending on what you dial from some may take longer to answer than others, meaning you will hear a longer short ring (on your phone)  on RoboCalls

+18666140005
+18667326184
+18667326185

So we must now fork the incoming call on call to SP4 we will uuse the +18666140005 but to send the call we only need '8666140005'

This NerdVittles article is somewhat like what we want to do. http://nerdvittles.com/?p=25846

we borrow this from Nerd Vittles (for asterisk) with some changes:

To make this change, click the OBi Expert Configuration button at the bottom of the Device Configuration window. Then click OK to confirm that you know what you're doing. Next click the Enter OBi Expert button at the top of the next form. In the left column, click Voice Services and then SP1 Service. The fifth parameter is called X_InboundCallRoute. Beside it, uncheck both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes. Now enter ph,sp4(8666140005) in the Value field for X_InboundCallRoute where 8666140005 is the NoMoRobo phone number . Scroll to the bottom and click the Submit button. The above change causes the incoming call on SP1 (GV) to 'Dial Out' 866 614 0005 on SP4

Working again from Nerd Vittles:

Configuring OBi SIP Trunk for Asterisk
1. Login to your OBi Dashboard using a web browser . After signing up for an account and registering your OBi device, click on the OBi 200 device in the My OBi Devices list.

2. In the Device Configuration dialog, click OBi Expert Configuration button. When prompted whether you're sure, click OK.

3. In the OBi Expert Configuration Menu, click Enter OBi Expert button.

4. In the Production Information (left) column, click Service Providers.

5. In the Service Providers listing, click ITSP Profile D General.

6. For each of these fields, uncheck OBiTALK Settings and then uncheck Device Default:

General-Name: alcazarnetworks

Then further below:

Service Provider Info-NAME: alcazarnetworks
Service Provider Info-URL: tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com

7 Fill in the field Values as shown using 'tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com'

8. Click Submit button after checking your entries carefully.

9. In the Service Providers listing on the left, click ITSP Profile D SIP.

10. In the ITSP Profile, enter 'tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com' in the Proxy Server, Registrar Server, and Outbound Proxy fields after first unchecking both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes.

11. Scroll down the form to X_SpoofCallerID and uncheck both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes. Then check the Value field for X_SpoofCallerID.

12. SKIP THIS STEP! XXXXXX Scroll down the form to X_DiscoverPublicAddress and uncheck both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes. Then uncheck the Value field for X_Discover PublicAddress. XXXXXXX

13. Click Submit button after checking your entries beside the 5 red exclamation points.

14. In the Production Information (left) column, click Voice Services

15. In the Voice Services listing on the left, click SP4 Service.

16. In the SP4 Service Profile, fill in the 5 fields in which the OBiTALK Settings checkbox is unchecked. The AuthUsername and AuthPassword entries will be LEFT BLANK. . The URI field actually makes the trunk connection to your PBX so set ths to '<yournumber>@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com'. Be sure to replace <yournumber> with your ten digit phone number

17. In the SIP Credentials section of the form, make certain that X_EnforceRequestUserID is unchecked. If not, uncheck both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes and then uncheck X_EnforceRequestUserID.

18. IGNORE , DO NOT USE XXXXXXXX If you do not want to pass the CallerID number with your calls, in the Calling Features section of the form, be sure to check AnonymousCallEnable after unchecking both the OBiTALK Settings and Device Default checkboxes.XXXXXXXXXX

19. In the Service Providers listing on the left, click ITSP Profile A SIP.

20. Be sure X_SpoofCallerID is checked.

21. Click Submit button after checking your entries carefully.

azrobert

I didn't read your entire post, so I won't comment.
The following should work for NoMoRobo:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D

ph,sp4(18667326184@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com)

drgeoff

Granted I have not waded through the entire opening post but I don't understand why not just use GV's facility to simultaneously ring multiple end-points, the OBi and the NoMoRobo number.

Taoman

Quote from: PDX_Mark on December 21, 2020, 03:54:27 AM

It would be easiest if the Obi allowed be to fork the call (simultaneous ring) to another destination but I have seen no evidence that it can forward the call while ringiing it locally still, without the advanced configuration below.

There must be a least a dozen threads on how to fork an incoming call to the OBi and to Nomorobo in the X_InboundCallRoute. You can enable X_SpoofCallerID and use the syntax azrobert posted or use the syntax listed below. Either way works and you don't need asterisk or a PBX. Although a PBX is nice since you can use call hunting instead of simultaneous ring so you never hear the single ring if Nomorobo gets a hit on the call.

{ph,spx(18667326184@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com;ui=$1)}

PS. Are folks still finding Nomorobo useful? I haven't had a Nomorobo hit in months. Most of my spam calls are using my local area code and the numbers get switched so fast they never make it to Nomorobo's database.

PDX_Mark

Taoman,
If there are a dozen, they do not come up without some secret hanshake in the search I suppose. That is why I went through this. Also can you explain this part of your fork command in the Obi ';ui=$1'

drgeoff
Because you can not confirm the number the way Google wants to, and the same phone number can not be in multiple GV users accounts!

drgeoff

Quote from: PDX_Mark on December 21, 2020, 10:59:04 AM
Taoman,
If there are a dozen, they do not come up without some secret hanshake in the search I suppose. That is why I went through this. Also can you explain this part of your fork command in the Obi ';ui=$1'
That's what tells it where to get the number to spoof. See page 193-194 of the Admin Guide for $1 and $2 variables.

drgeoff
Because you can not confirm the number the way Google wants to, and the same phone number can not be in multiple GV users accounts!
Ah, yes. I overlooked the confirm bit.

Taoman

Quote from: PDX_Mark on December 21, 2020, 10:59:04 AM
Taoman,

Have you done a Google site search? That seems to be the best way to search the obitalk forums. Try this Google site search and see what you come up with.
nomorobo fork site:obitalk.com

This post explains the effects of ui=$1 vs X_SpoofCallerID better than I could:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6131.msg39213#msg39213

azrobert

X_SpoofCallerID checked also passes CNAM. CNAM is not needed here, but I just think SpoofCallerID is cleaner code.

Taoman

Quote from: azrobert on December 21, 2020, 12:20:37 PM
X_SpoofCallerID checked also passes CNAM. CNAM is not needed here, but I just think SpoofCallerID is cleaner code.

I was under the impression that X_SpoofCallerID didn't necessarily work in all situations whereas ui=$1 does (when using sip uri format). Am I wrong?

azrobert

Quote from: Taoman on December 21, 2020, 12:47:07 PM
I was under the impression that X_SpoofCallerID didn't necessarily work in all situations whereas ui=$1 does (when using sip uri format). Am I wrong?

AFAIK it always worked for me.

PDX_Mark

how can a person set RDNIS using Obi200 to show when forwarding a call to show Originally Called Number (OCN)?