News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to add device OBi 200

Started by maruthi, December 23, 2020, 09:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LogHome

This just plain sucks.

So, if I can do the echo test just fine does that mean everything is fine on my end ?

drgeoff

Quote from: LogHome on April 04, 2021, 03:42:56 PM
This just plain sucks.

So, if I can do the echo test just fine does that mean everything is fine on my end ?
I would hesitate to say that a successful echo test is a 100% guarantee that everything is fine on your end.  But that success is a good starting point and given the widespread postings by people having the same problem with the **5 procedure I would be reasonably confident that the Obihai servers are responsible for your individual misery.

If you want some encouragement bear these two points in mind.

1.  Lots of posters do report eventual success.

2.  Once your OBi is configured for GV and/or any other ITSP, no infrastructure run by or on behalf of Obihai/Poly is involved in making or receiving calls using GV and/or other ITSPs.

LogHome

Thanks for your replies.

Maybe I should hold off returning to Amazon and give it a few more days.

LogHome

Does changing this make any difference?

To modify your OBi's DNS, please do the following:
Dial ***1 to get OBi's IP address
Enter the IP address on your browser. (click HERE for example)
Select System Management from the left-side navigation menu
Select Network Settings
Locate the parameter called: DNSServer1
Make DNSServer1 = 4.2.2.2 (This is a free public DNS server)
Select "Submit" to save and Reboot the OBi

drgeoff

Quote from: LogHome on April 05, 2021, 07:19:43 AM
Does changing this make any difference?

To modify your OBi's DNS, please do the following:
Dial ***1 to get OBi's IP address
Enter the IP address on your browser. (click HERE for example)
Select System Management from the left-side navigation menu
Select Network Settings
Locate the parameter called: DNSServer1
Make DNSServer1 = 4.2.2.2 (This is a free public DNS server)
Select "Submit" to save and Reboot the OBi
This does not improve the chances of a registration attempt being successful.

LogHome

I have literally tried to add this thing 400-500 times in the past 2-3 days with absolutely no luck at all  >:(

About to throw in the towel.  

LogHome

Just called Polycom and they said my Obi200 is defective as it's showing a different Obi # in the system than the actual Obi # on the bottom of the device and the cardboard box.

Request a picture showing the bottom of the device, box and said they would FedEx me a new replacement and not to return to Amazon.

He said a lot of the units Amazon are shipping are defective with this same problem.

Does this sound fishy or what?

drgeoff

Quote from: LogHome on April 05, 2021, 10:54:59 AM
Just called Polycom and they said my Obi200 is defective as it's showing a different Obi # in the system than the actual Obi # on the bottom of the device and the cardboard box.

Request a picture showing the bottom of the device, box and said they would FedEx me a new replacement and not to return to Amazon.

He said a lot of the units Amazon are shipping are defective with this same problem.

I recall a couple of posts in the last few months about discrepancies between OBi number on carton, OBi number on underside and OBi number on the portal.

eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17957.msg107132#msg107132

However, in that instance at least, that does not seem to have made it impossible to register to the dashboard.

LogHome

Quote from: drgeoff on April 05, 2021, 11:01:48 AM
Quote from: LogHome on April 05, 2021, 10:54:59 AM

I recall a couple of posts in the last few months about discrepancies between OBi number on carton, OBi number on underside and OBi number on the portal.

eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17957.msg107132#msg107132

Looks like this guy was able to add his device though.  Maybe this is not my problem after all?

drgeoff

As a matter of interest do the serial numbers match?  Carton, underside and on the Status page when you login (admin, admin) locally with a browser to the OBi's IP address on your LAN. (Dial ***1 and listen if you need to find the IP address.)

LogHome

Quote from: drgeoff on April 05, 2021, 11:31:42 AM
As a matter of interest do the serial numbers match?  Carton, underside and on the Status page when you login (admin, admin) locally with a browser to the OBi's IP address on your LAN. (Dial ***1 and listen if you need to find the IP address.)

The numbers on the bottom of the device and box are the same, completely different number on the Obi's IP page.

The serial number is the same across the board.

LogHome

So, do you think getting a replacement will make any difference?

SteveInWA

Quote from: LogHome on April 05, 2021, 04:00:40 PM

NO.

There is nothing on your end that is responsible for your device's failure to register to the portal via **5.  It is the same problem everyone else has reported.  Your device is not defective, and there are no special settings needed, nor any settings that will make a difference.

Just keep trying.

Start the **5xxxx procedure.  Keep re-entering the SAME CODE every few seconds during the timer countdown.  Don't keep restarting/requesting a new code.  After it times out, just let it sit there, untouched for a while ("while" meaning longer than 5 minutes, less than an hour).  Then, start over with a new **5xxxx code.  Eventually, after you have given up all hope, it will work.

If you don't want to deal with this hassle, then return the device; otherwise, there is no need to keep posting more questions about this.

LogHome

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 05, 2021, 04:49:13 PM
Quote from: LogHome on April 05, 2021, 04:00:40 PM

NO.

There is nothing on your end that is responsible for your device's failure to register to the portal via **5.  It is the same problem everyone else has reported.  Your device is not defective, and there are no special settings needed, nor any settings that will make a difference.

Just keep trying.

Start the **5xxxx procedure.  Keep re-entering the SAME CODE every few seconds during the timer countdown.  Don't keep restarting/requesting a new code.  After it times out, just let it sit there, untouched for a while ("while" meaning longer than 5 minutes, less than an hour).  Then, start over with a new **5xxxx code.  Eventually, after you have given up all hope, it will work.

If you don't want to deal with this hassle, then return the device; otherwise, there is no need to keep posting more questions about this.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if your not too thrilled with my questions.

akeru

After spending an hour on  ** 1234, I gave up on that route. One of the earlier replies here talked about the firmware/software holding onto a residual older IP address, possibly creating this headche.

I upgraded my firmware to the last available march 2019 version for obi202, but I was planning on reflashing even if I had the latest firmware in the hope of erasing any older residual IP.

On reboot, I was able to confirm my device and add my GV number on first attempt. YMMV - It could have  well been a coincidence.